• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe's Other Dynasty League

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean of course... but what then happens if your new rookie sensation fails, or get injured??

I have no doubt Jackson will have a role on the Chargers offense, but you don't want a role player, like Jackson or Henderson... all their STARTING value is based on injuries of either Akers or Eckler…

But I can see Henderson taking over the same offense, while Jackson would take over an offense that would have to change because of a new style back...

the rumors coming from rams last year is that Henderson doesn't fit the blocking scheme and is a bad match for McVay's system. I'd argue the Bolts O changes less than the Rams O should the presumptive starters get hurt.

Justin Jackson can catch footballs, Henderson can't read blocks (no clue how true that is vs what could've just been rumors as to why he wasn't getting more playing time and touches)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League's runner up from last season is eyeing my QB.
I have Wilson, Burrows and Garoppolo.
He has Brady and Fitzcrapstick.
I told him the price for either Wilson or Burrows would be too steep for him.

Looking at his roster, his bench has some serious issues. (He better hope his starters stay healthy.)

That said, he has Marlon Mack on IR. Does this guy have a future?
I would offer Garoppolo for Mack, stash him on IR and then pick up a player.

Am I short-changing myself?
He also has Ruggs (which I doubt he goes for), Jeffery and Damien Harris. Rest of his bench is garbage IMO.

Thoughts?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold tight on the QB sich. Unless there are other capable QBs out there as fill-ins. Burrow is taking such a beating, I don't know how safe I'd feel if he's my direct BU to Russ. Jimmy G isn't much, but he is adequate and still fairly young.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redraft or Dynasty @averagejoe ?
Dynasty.

The only 2 QB starting that are not on rosters are Haskins and Tyrod. (I mean, they arent much, but if the other owner is thinking about 2021... its a low risk to roster 1 of them.)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League's runner up from last season is eyeing my QB.
I have Wilson, Burrows and Garoppolo.
He has Brady and Fitzcrapstick.
I told him the price for either Wilson or Burrows would be too steep for him.

Looking at his roster, his bench has some serious issues. (He better hope his starters stay healthy.)

That said, he has Marlon Mack on IR. Does this guy have a future?
I would offer Garoppolo for Mack, stash him on IR and then pick up a player.

Am I short-changing myself?
He also has Ruggs (which I doubt he goes for), Jeffery and Damien Harris. Rest of his bench is garbage IMO.

Thoughts?
Well Joe, I'd have a hard time moving any of them for the waiver fodder. But if he wanted to do Mack + a pick (Rd1-3) for Jimmy G. I'd be up for it. Ruggs straight up would be great but like you said doubtful. ... think to have any shot at him you'd have to kick in a pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty.

The only 2 QB starting that are not on rosters are Haskins and Tyrod. (I mean, they arent much, but if the other owner is thinking about 2021... its a low risk to roster 1 of them.)
Won't hurt to ask for Ruggs and see what he says. I am not liking the outlook for Mack, but one never knows, Maybe do what Lefty suggested.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joe, I'd have a hard time moving any of them for the waiver fodder. But if he wanted to do Mack + a pick (Rd1-3) for Jimmy G. I'd be up for it. Ruggs straight up would be great but like you said doubtful. ... think to have any shot at him you'd have to kick in a pick.

Won't hurt to ask for Ruggs and see what he says. I am not liking the outlook for Mack, but one never knows, Maybe do what Lefty suggested.
OMG
I noticed he had David Johnson benched so i offered Garoppolo and a 3rd for D.John.... ACCEPTED!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NICE !!!!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Pascal
Thoughts on picking him up for the future?
How long does Hilton play?
Does Parris Campbell usrup Pascal?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Pascal
Thoughts on picking him up for the future?
How long does Hilton play?
Does Parris Campbell usrup Pascal?

I believe Pascal is the slot guy... (could be wrong)
I believe Hilton has a good middle season coming up... how long? FA next year... ???
I believe Campbell is outside, wouldn't impact Pascal... (again, could be wrong)

"for the future"? Might be a PPR pinch play this year. 2021, I don't see him being their focus. I suppose the draft and FA would better tell you more at that time.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have to beat out Pittman and Parris, but sure, if you have a spare bench spot not being used, grab him and see if injuries or Hilton departure makes him relevant.
Campbell can't get healthy, Pittman injured immediately, never know.

All they need now is a QB that throws it farther than 5yds

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't take into account the number of 2-TE sets they go with...

If 2-wide is the formation, I assume that would be Hilton and Campbell (when healthy... whenever that will be)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have to beat out Pittman and Parris, but sure, if you have a spare bench spot not being used, grab him and see if injuries or Hilton departure makes him relevant.
Campbell can't get healthy, Pittman injured immediately, never know.

All they need now is a QB that throws it farther than 5yds

they already drafted him... waiting to pounce from my D2 bench

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they already drafted him... waiting to pounce from my D2 bench

Can't say I know a whole lot about Easton. Spent my rookie QB research deciding that I wanted to get a crack at Burrow, was avoiding Tua completely, and also wasn't interested in Herbert chances to be good in year 1.

Missed out on Burrow in all leagues, successfully avoided Tua, and look to have been way wrong on Herbert, lol

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides my Zach Pascal question above, I have another issue.

I have Joe Burrows, La'Michel Perine, and Josh Kelley on my taxi squad.
Should I remove any bench players to make room for Burrows, Perine or Kelley?
(With Russell Wilson on a bye, I currently have Garoppolo currently plugged in for week 6.)

1602949583630.png

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has probably been asked before but when you say 'removed' to make room does that mean you have to drop them ? Either way, I'd make room for Burrow and play him this week. Byrd would be the guy. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has probably been asked before but when you say 'removed' to make room does that mean you have to drop them ? Either way, I'd make room for Burrow and play him this week. Byrd would be the guy. ...
Yes, I would have to clear up a bench spot by removing or cutting the player outright to be able to move a taxi squad player to my active roster. (I cannot back-fill the open taxi spot either.)