• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel embiid to undergo surgery

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Hinkie is doing doesn't guarantee success. It just guarantees a lot of draft picks. Tanking in the lottery era rarely pays off. Tanking for several years in a row probably won't either. It's an awful strategy that is teaching the center pieces the 6ers have now that losing is ok.

That's right its not guaranteed. But what's the alternative? Constantly being mediocre? Hinkie is setting them up with the potential to be very good. Now he just needs to hit on some of these picks.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sucks for the young man.

I was surprised everyone was so down on them getting Okafor in the draft, seemed pretty obvious to me why they took him. In fact, I thought they were extremely fortunate he was still available.

I saw Embiid play in person in college, and hope since he's young he can still heal from this and have a career.
That's what I was thinking when I heard the news. I couldn't imagine being so talented but never being able to prove yourself because of injury. Same sort of thing with D Rose and Oden. Hope he bounces back

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. He may not play before his contract his up.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right its not guaranteed. But what's the alternative? Constantly being mediocre? Hinkie is setting them up with the potential to be very good. Now he just needs to hit on some of these picks.

The alternative is the Brooklyn Nets...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative is the Brooklyn Nets...
worst place to be in the NBA is in the middle- you either want to be at the top competing to win it- or at the bottom trying to get elite talent through the draft and getting assets for renting out your cap space.

gotta give the 76'ers credit for understanding that- all though- they have taken it to a whole new level. should be interesting 2-3 years from now to see where they are at. Saric coming over at some point will be a huge shot in the arm.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really does suck. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but you never like to see anyone get injured. He not only missed his rookie year, but his SOPHOMORE year too. That is beyond unfortunate. Him, Okafor and Noel would have been a scary rotation to opposing frontcourts.

That's what I am saying. The news goes beyond the effect it has on the court, the mental strain would be torture. Couldn't imagine being that close to a dream and seeing your team ad potentially valuable pieces and not being able to contribute. Just sad

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how all these experts loved Embiid so much. This guy is the next Greg Oden. I saw it a mile away.