• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Not Invited To The NFL Combine

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Mock Draft - 2017 NFL Mock Draft

This mock has Perine and Mixon both going in the 4th. So who knows.

They released the police interview for Molitor today. TMZ has it on their website. It doesn't paint a very good picture of Mixon and contradicts much of his story. His private visits are going to be interrogations over that incident.

I hope he is well spoken, because that may be his lifeline in getting a team to take shot on him with a pick in the first couple days of the draft.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis gave a shout out to Mixon.

Ray-Lewis-logic-e1410265243964.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me about this whole thing is Joe Mixon clocked a drunk chick and then all hell broke loose. He never should have done it. Men shouldn't hit women, period, unless their life is in danger which in this situation damn sure wasn't the case. The guy was an idiot to hit her and he's been paying for it ever sense. Bad publicity, sitting out a season, being labeled a lot of things he likely isn't, his draft status shot to hell, etc. This is going to cost him a ton of money. But there seems to be a core group of people who want the guy lynched. I equate this to Reggie Bush who played for a team I don't pull for and I definitely didn't like him as a person or his family when the USC scandal was happening. But the guy paid a price for what happened and I am old fashioned; I believe a Christian has to forgive at some point and wish someone the best with the rest of their life. I would shake Reggie Bush's hand and never even bring up his problems. I might also smile and punch him on the shoulder and tell him I wish next time he wouldn't make my Sooners look so bad. /Rant off./

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me about this whole thing is Joe Mixon clocked a drunk chick and then all hell broke loose. He never should have done it. Men shouldn't hit women, period, unless their life is in danger which in this situation damn sure wasn't the case. The guy was an idiot to hit her and he's been paying for it ever sense. Bad publicity, sitting out a season, being labeled a lot of things he likely isn't, his draft status shot to hell, etc. This is going to cost him a ton of money. But there seems to be a core group of people who want the guy lynched. I equate this to Reggie Bush who played for a team I don't pull for and I definitely didn't like him as a person or his family when the USC scandal was happening. But the guy paid a price for what happened and I am old fashioned; I believe a Christian has to forgive at some point and wish someone the best with the rest of their life. I would shake Reggie Bush's hand and never even bring up his problems. I might also smile and punch him on the shoulder and tell him I wish next time he wouldn't make my Sooners look so bad. /Rant off./

I think the problem is that some people (me included) do not think the punishment was enough and that Bob Stoops should have kicked him off the team. Stoops even said (after the video was released) that he would have done so. I don't want Mixon to be lynched or to be barred from football for ever (college or NFL), but sitting out a year was not sufficient punishment.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that some people (me included) do not think the punishment was enough and that Bob Stoops should have kicked him off the team. Stoops even said (after the video was released) that he would have done so. I don't want Mixon to be lynched or to be barred from football for ever (college or NFL), but sitting out a year was not sufficient punishment.

That is a fair opinion. Now that we have more information, Mixon should have been shown the door and let him play somewhere else. You can bet if anything like this happens again at OU the player will be gone before quick got started.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released the police interview for Molitor today. TMZ has it on their website. It doesn't paint a very good picture of Mixon and contradicts much of his story. His private visits are going to be interrogations over that incident.

I hope he is well spoken, because that may be his lifeline in getting a team to take shot on him with a pick in the first couple days of the draft.

It is pretty sad when it comes down to having TMZ laying down the truth, he is unremorseful punk. People deserve a second chance, but what has he done to shown that he deserves it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how an agent paying his parents rent equates to cold cocking a girl

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair opinion. Now that we have more information, Mixon should have been shown the door and let him play somewhere else. You can bet if anything like this happens again at OU the player will be gone before quick got started.

Well, part of the issue is Stoops and Mixon. Bob saying if he knew the public/press would react like this he would have done more. Mixon was pretty callous, until that video came out. Seems all the remorse is a reaction to the press it brought, not to the action and how it was handled.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops had all the information but chose to keep him on the roster. In fact the president and AD reviewed the tap and chose to keep Mixon on campus.

This is Baylor like behavior.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We would hope so.

The other thread got ugly. I took issue with a couple (one in particular) that were defending his actions and attacking the victim. While she was not completely innocent, in my opinion, there was no justification for what he did to her. Some Sooner fans also had that opinion. I understand that we as simple fans and don't make the decisions, but we don't have to agree with them and stand behind our guys.

Me personally, I would not want him to be drafted by the Steelers (my NFL team). I wouldn't want the circus. It's bad enough that we have a pot head RB and WR.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont smack a woman around like that and it's the only time you've done that sort of thing. Just like Ray Rice. You don't punch your fiance and knock her out and it's the first and only time you've hit a woman. When they didn't think the video would come out both the player and the coach downplayed it. In INterviews after Mixon doesn't sound remorseful and the Coach says he's take the appropriate action. Once the tape comes out the tune both sing is different. Which mean only one thing. The coach is trying to justify A totally inadequate response and the player trying to now sound remorseful to save his draft stock.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont smack a woman around like that and it's the only time you've done that sort of thing. Just like Ray Rice. You don't punch your fiance and knock her out and it's the first and only time you've hit a woman. When they didn't think the video would come out both the player and the coach downplayed it. In INterviews after Mixon doesn't sound remorseful and the Coach says he's take the appropriate action. Once the tape comes out the tune both sing is different. Which mean only one thing. The coach is trying to justify A totally inadequate response and the player trying to now sound remorseful to save his draft stock.
That would be the most common take.

I would agree that he didn't come out with an apology until the video was released. To what ends, I'm not sure. He didn't sound remorseful because he's never really been allowed by his attorneys or the university to talk about the subject to anyone, both the University and he distanced themselves from it publicly and released the information they were required to at the correct intervals. It many not meet your expectations, but you're nobody. I do know that both Molitor and Mixon's attorneys didn't want the footage to get out. So, I guess my take from that was that the girl really didn't want to affect Mixon's earning potential so that she would get a bigger slice of Civil Action hush money...that's kinda tacky, don't you think?

I like how you offer up some conjecture there at the beginning. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I've only hit a woman one time, and she had it coming. It wasn't a closed fist punch, it was a slap on the back of her head. I'd do it again given the circumstance.

I think you're just wanting to get up on a big white horse and feel morally superior to someone honestly. If that's how you get your kicks well ride on cowboy.

Stoops took a full year of football and eligibility from Joe Mixon. He didn't make it easy. Everyone expected him to bolt back to Cali and play for San Jose St. or some shit without facing the discipline he needed to face. I respect Stoops for imposing such a steep penalty, and I respect Joe Mixon for enduring the punishment and doing things right to prove to everyone that the situation was isolated and won't ever happen again.

So really, until he hauls off and punches another woman...I'm ok with what has transpired so far.

Yall need stiffer triggers.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would hope so.

The other thread got ugly. I took issue with a couple (one in particular) that were defending his actions and attacking the victim. While she was not completely innocent, in my opinion, there was no justification for what he did to her. Some Sooner fans also had that opinion. I understand that we as simple fans and don't make the decisions, but we don't have to agree with them and stand behind our guys.

Me personally, I would not want him to be drafted by the Steelers (my NFL team). I wouldn't want the circus. It's bad enough that we have a pot head RB and WR.
Well you got altar boy Landry Jones, take Mixxy to even it out?