• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Not Invited To The NFL Combine

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaGaerret Blount proving things can work.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Joe needs to get drafted so that pour girl can get her money.

#amirite

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Joe needs to get drafted so that pour girl can get her money.

#amirite
No she something mean to him so she deserved to get laid out.
#wordshurt

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is a good enough receiver that it would work.

If EE struggled catching the ball or picking up blitzes -- I could see Dallas taking a shot. EE is the most complete back in the NFL though, so it'd be a wasted pick for them. Dallas needs to draft players on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm sticking with my original prediction -- Mixon will be taken after the 4th round, as teams don't have to guarantee the contract or give him much of anything for a signing bonus.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If EE struggled catching the ball or picking up blitzes -- I could see Dallas taking a shot. EE is the most complete back in the NFL though, so it'd be a wasted pick for them. Dallas needs to draft players on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm sticking with my original prediction -- Mixon will be taken after the 4th round, as teams don't have to guarantee the contract or give him much of anything for a signing bonus.

I agree Dallas needs to draft defense. But if Mixon is available after the 4th round I think any team would be smart to take him. He has a chance to be the best RB in this class. Getting a player that good that late is worth the risk.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Dallas needs to draft defense. But if Mixon is available after the 4th round I think any team would be smart to take him. He has a chance to be the best RB in this class. Getting a player that good that late is worth the risk.

I agree. He'd be a great value if you could get him after the 4th round. I don't see him being the best RB when the class has Fournette and Cook, but he should outproduce where he gets drafted.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He'd be a great value if you could get him after the 4th round. I don't see him being the best RB when the class has Fournette and Cook, but he should outproduce where he gets drafted.
I'd rub Mixon against any of those guise on APY and avg per. (depending where he ends up of course)

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Mock Draft - 2017 NFL Mock Draft

This mock has Perine and Mixon both going in the 4th. So who knows.

Yeah. Anything is possible. Not getting invited to the combine is terrible for Mixon. He could have had all 32 teams in one spot where he could have been professionally tested and he could start convincing them he isn't a bad guy.

Now teams are going to have to use a private workout if they want to talk to him in depth and all the teams who have him completely off their draft board likely won't even bring him in. It limits the teams who will spend a pick on him.

I stick with my prediction though. Someone will take a chance, but it will be after the 4th round so he can be cut without repercussions, if something happens. The fact he is a RB is hurting him too, as the NFL is all about splitting carries these days and the career span of a RB is so short