• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Brady Signs 3 Year Extension

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a good test to see if LSU can sustain the success or if it really was tied to some of the assistants they hired + a generational QB prospect that got dropped in their lap. Would be nice if someone could consistently win in that conference and stop us from getting Alabama in the playoff most years; same goes for the ACC and Clemson. But I also wouldn't be shocked if LSU didn't quickly (within a few years) drop back down to average; like Auburn with Newton.

LSU’s “average” is much better than many suggest. They simply dropped back from the 03-12 level for a few years, but even then they were a tough game for us. Even during leaner years like 14, they were no gimme. Miles was fired for failing to get them back to elite status, but they still had boatloads of NFL talent year in and out.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't even mad.

Dude helped LSU produce a magical season.

Believe me, when you hire great coordinators, they will be HCs before long. You just enjoy them while they are there. You guys had a lot to enjoy this season.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU’s “average” is much better than many suggest. They simply dropped back from the 03-12 level for a few years, but even then they were a tough game for us. Even during leaner years like 14, they were no gimme. Miles was fired for failing to get them back to elite status, but they still had boatloads of NFL talent year in and out.
Very true. But they were kinda stuck where Michigan currently is before; always behind Alabama. So it will be interesting to see if they can keep competing directly with them or fall back.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo has not dealt with this, he has all of the same coaches and his Juniors return for their senior season.

Its funny how no one goes after his assistants...
One of his coaches took the USF job right?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was rumored from FootballScoop.com . People tend to laugh and shoulder shrug at that site, but this is literally all they do is follow coaching hires. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

and when they are wrong. They don’t hide it

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Bama fan will tell you how coaching turnover can hurt a program. It - and every junior imaginable leaving early - has caught up to Bama recently
Yeah, but I don't think you want to stop recruiting/signing those type of players.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It paid off in a natty, hats off to him, the program and the fans for an unbelievable season.

I’d be willing to take a 2 year death penalty if it paid off in a natty beforehand
We're already dead so we might as well start cheating. Death penalty might be a blessing.

And if we are already cheating, then everyone needs to be fired.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I'm good with Fuente fucking off but it's kind of late in the process to be head coach shopping. I think LSU knew when they got Aranda that that was going to be a temporary deal though, right? I mean if you spend 2 million on a coordinator you have to be expecting him to take a HC job in the not too distant future. lol

Fuente is interviewing tomorrow for it.
Nothing would be more glorious than for Fuente to get Baylor and then Aranda go to VT. LSU would be gutted and left with a shrimp boat captain and Ensminger.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a good test to see if LSU can sustain the success or if it really was tied to some of the assistants they hired + a generational QB prospect that got dropped in their lap. Would be nice if someone could consistently win in that conference and stop us from getting Alabama in the playoff most years; same goes for the ACC and Clemson. But I also wouldn't be shocked if LSU didn't quickly (within a few years) drop back down to average; like Auburn with Newton.
Average is Michigan.

Auburn has at least won the SEC, division twice and played for a natty since Newton.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average is Michigan.

Auburn has at least won the SEC, division twice and played for a natty since Newton.
So has ND and Michigan State. But I'd still label them as average. None of the aforementioned teams are like Alabama/Clemson. That's more the point than insulting specifically Auburn.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also wouldn't be shocked if LSU didn't quickly (within a few years) drop back down to average; like Auburn with Newton.
Question for you Auburn faithful (@Wild Turkey @batchaps4me ). Listening to XM today and the discussion about Burrow being the best in a natty. Discussion came around to the supporting casts for natty winning QBs. Time will tell for LSU, but they were claiming, at least future talent wise, Cam carried that team the most. Seems very few, if any, of the rest of the offense actually made it in the pros. They think a lot of LSU's players will make it in the pros. Did Cam really play without any players that made it at the next level?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met the guy that runs the site, cool dude.

:LMAO:

$4.3 million: Just a reminder that Mark Dantonio is now scheduled to collect $4.3 million due to a retention clause in an old contract. Woke up this morning, was still employed….$4.3 million new smackers headed to the bank account.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you Auburn faithful (@Wild Turkey @batchaps4me ). Listening to XM today and the discussion about Burrow being the best in a natty. Discussion came around to the supporting casts for natty winning QBs. Time will tell for LSU, but they were claiming, at least future talent wise, Cam carried that team the most. Seems very few, if any, of the rest of the offense actually made it in the pros. They think a lot of LSU's players will make it in the pros. Did Cam really play without any players that made it at the next level?

Cam carried us. You can look at the Kentucky and South Carolina games that season, it was last team with the ball. We had players from that team make it in the NFL from that season but especially in Auburn's schemes that year, it was all on Cam. LSU has far superior players, schemes and coaching than we did.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the worst defense to win a natty since the BCS started. There were several games where we just simply had to out score the other team and yeah not many went to the next level.

Burrows is a great talent but he couldn't do the things Cam did.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing would be more glorious than for Fuente to get Baylor and then Aranda go to VT. LSU would be gutted and left with a shrimp boat captain and Ensminger.

lol....i'm not sure I want any of the coaches available right now honestly, but I know I don't want Fuente anymore. VT needs an ace recruiter with whoever it is, but i'm sure they'll probably get some group of 5 guy and get more of the same shit.

Luke Fickell is still the name coming up the most right now.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see students getting more Leigh way to be honest. They should as should coaches. Life changes, people deserve opportunities to better themself. Student athletes are held to a 4 year contract even when the guy who recruited them bails? How in any way was that fair?
Agreed. Now there is a level playing field in that regard

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Now there is a level playing field in that regard
Everyone complains about players being selfish etc, I don’t see how it is any more selfish than a coach recruiting kids and leaving, or over signing and telling a kid to find a new school to play at.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I don't think you want to stop recruiting/signing those type of players.
Definitely not but I do miss having a few guys hang around...however that seems to have changed this year