• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Ward

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmie Ward rated NFL's best cornerback over past three weeks

very encouraging no question.

Jimmy Ward and Tartt could very well be the starters as early as 2016. They're younger, cheaper, and likely better now that Bethea and Reid. IMO Reid hasn't played well in coverage...at all. Not to say we have to get rid of Bethea and Reid, but go with better play over 'reputation'.

In the larger picture, we seem to be 'ok' for DB's, now if we can only get pressure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Ward and Tartt could very well be the starters as early as 2016. They're younger, cheaper, and likely better now that Bethea and Reid. IMO Reid hasn't played well in coverage...at all. Not to say we have to get rid of Bethea and Reid, but go with better play over 'reputation'.

In the larger picture, we seem to be 'ok' for DB's, now if we can only get pressure.
LOL! Are we talking about the same Jimmie Ward?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Ward has been playing better the past few weeks. Even Greg Cosell singled out his play on KNBR. Still was a reach with the number one pick and not a good value.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Ward has been playing better the past few weeks. Even Greg Cosell singled out his play on KNBR. Still was a reach with the number one pick and not a good value.

well if he keeps this up, i could see him being a good starter next season? if he does reach 'good' level, that is ok for the 31st pick of round 1.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seeing Ward play well is good but we still need a #1 CB. I do agree with you we do need a Big time Pass rusher prospect. It could of been Bosa from OSU but we screwed that up with a win today.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Ward play well is good but we still need a #1 CB. I do agree with you we do need a Big time Pass rusher prospect. It could of been Bosa from OSU but we screwed that up with a win today.

Not entirely impressed with Bosa. He's a high motor guy to me, doesn't seem to have the speed to rush the edge and doesn't possess the size/strength to push the pocket in the 3-4 as a DL. He may be best in a 4-3, which is why I don't find him to be a good fit for us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely impressed with Bosa. He's a high motor guy to me, doesn't seem to have the speed to rush the edge and doesn't possess the size/strength to push the pocket in the 3-4 as a DL. He may be best in a 4-3, which is why I don't find him to be a good fit for us.
Bosa is a beast. Most have him having a chance to be the next JJ watt or a Justin Smith type when he entered the league.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa is a beast. Most have him having a chance to be the next JJ watt or a Justin Smith type when he entered the league.

That's fine that you feel that way. I disagree. He didn't play enough top notch competition for me to have a good gauge of his level of play and to feel that way about him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine that you feel that way. I disagree. He didn't play enough top notch competition for me to have a good gauge of his level of play and to feel that way about him.
I do agree he didnt play enough Top notch comp but he still played some good and tough teams. I like his motor and the kid makes plays.

Now being at #7 they have the CB from Florida going to us. Now he is very over rated. He got burnt so much this year. I hope we dont draft him.