• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Garoppolo will be an elite quarterback, and the 49ers fleeced the Patriots by only paying a 2R

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thumb.aspx
get yours today!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team is a train wreck.
That was my point. If the Niners don't have a good O-line, then Garoppolo won't be an elite quarterback. Actually I think Garoppolo will be just an average NFL QB.

Reactions: GNG

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can be an elite NFL QB when you're best target is a guy who's name no one knows

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on the Niners he won't be. Awful Owner, GM, HC and roster.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this "elite" shit. Ffs, the kid has barely had a cup-o-coffee in the league. Just let him play. Hope that San Fran can put something around him to help him. Try to protect his health and let's see what happens.
I know what the OP is trying to do here. If Jimmy turns out to be a great one in 3-4 years , he can necro bump this thread and say, "see, I told ya so". :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was no "fleecing" BB did it on purpose to keep the Seahawks down. Ever since the interception in the Super Bowl the Hawks have been sliding back down into NFL average, this will continue since Jimmy knows how to defeat Hawks defense...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get this trade at all.

SF has sooooo many holes. Wasting a second rounder on Jimmy G seems pointless. They could have pursued him in the offseason, as well as a guy like Cousins, if they felt QB was a huge need.

They're most likely losing Hyde after this year, the defense blows, and the OL sucks. Why waste a second rounder on a backup QB?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get this trade at all.

SF has sooooo many holes. Wasting a second rounder on Jimmy G seems pointless. They could have pursued him in the offseason, as well as a guy like Cousins, if they felt QB was a huge need.

They're most likely losing Hyde after this year, the defense blows, and the OL sucks. Why waste a second rounder on a backup QB?
Because the draft the next year or so looks that much worse is all I got and they might not want to give Cousins around 30M or so a year. Frees up a pick to go after an actual star in the draft like Barkley.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the trade deal with SF was that SF has to lose the rest of their games making the 2nd a #33 pick.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has ever fleeced BB....He got a 2nd rounder from a bad team for a qb he was gonna have to cut at the end of season because no team can pay 2 big contracts at the qb position especially and stay afloat cap wise.....He is planning on Tom playing at least another yr and will get one of those top qb's in this yrs draft more if at all possible IMO....A rookie contract for 4 yrs while they let Tom make up their mind when he's done....
Quite possibly your most sensible post EVA:clap:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't use the word "fleece" because that implies the move was made out of him being incompetent which I don't feel was the case.

He could've easily gotten more for him but I think he was trying to do all parties involved a favor with the trade.

I think Belichick firmly believes Jimmy G is going to be a great QB in the league so he made sure to do the Pats a favor by sticking him in the NFC and not the AFC.

Belichick respects Lynch and the Shananhan family so I think he did them a solid by not squeezing them as hard as he could have.

Lastly, I think he really likes Jimmy G and wanted to do him a solid by pairing him up with a coach that wanted him out of college and one of the best offensive-minded coaches in the league.

The 9ers are terrible now but they are well equipped to get better in a hurry. Even after trading their 2nd pick they still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and if they do wind up with the 1st or 2nd overall pick they could potentially flip that to a QB desperate team for even more quality picks. They also have a ton of cap space to grab whatever FA they want to round out the roster.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was no "fleecing" BB did it on purpose to keep the Seahawks down. Ever since the interception in the Super Bowl the Hawks have been sliding back down into NFL average, this will continue since Jimmy knows how to defeat Hawks defense...
What, "Jimmy knows how to defeat Hawks defense"? How's that?