• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh Salary

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at NFL HC salaries and I found some interesting things. Jim Harbaugh is being paid the right amount. He makes 5 million a year. Here are the coaches that are ahead of him. He shouldn't get much of a raise until he wins one.

#1 Sean Payton: 8 million a year, Won a Super Bowl
#2 Pete Carroll: 8 Million a Year, Won a Super Bowl
#3 Bill Belichick: 7.5 million a year, Won Multiple Super bowls
#4 Jeff Fisher: 7 million a year, Has a long track record
#5 John Harbaugh: 7 million a year, Won a super bowl
#6 Tom Caughlin: 7 million a year, Won Multiple Super bowls
#7 Chip Kelly: 7 Million a year, Was the hot name coming out of college
#8 Mike Tomlin: 6 million a year, Won a super bowl
#9 Any Reid: 6 million a year, Long track record and went to Multiple championp games.
#10 Mike McCarthy: 6 million a year, Won a super bowl
#11 Jason Garrett: 5 million a year, Dallas Cowboys over paid.
#12 Jim Harbaugh: 5 million a year, Great record. 3 NFC championship Games

So overall harbaugh is some what right where he should be. He should get a raise maybe to about 6-7 million a year. Also people forgot he took less to come to SF. Miami was offering 6.5 million a year.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan will guarantee he gets a raise, one way or another.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan will guarantee he gets a raise, one way or another.

I agree but I don't know if he wants to go backwards. He has made it to 3 Championship games and 1 Super Bowl why go back to college. He is so close to winning a Super Bowl. Super bowl is greater then NCS.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I don't know if he wants to go backwards. He has made it to 3 Championship games and 1 Super Bowl why go back to college. He is so close to winning a Super Bowl. Super bowl is greater then NCS.

I'm not saying he chooses Michigan, but I do expect an offer in the $6-7 mil/yr range. I wouldn't be surprised if a few NFL teams don't follow suit. The 9ers will have to make a decision.

A lot will also depend on Michigan's interim AD, new AD, and donors.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the end, college football may be Harbaugh's best fit, but maybe 5-10 years down the road.

Honestly, what I think keeps him in the Bay is his family. His ex-wife and girls are in San Diego? His new wife wants to stay put. Relocating right now might not be in his best interest.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh deserves to be in the 7-8 mil a year range, he should be making more then Fisher, Garret, and Kelly, none of these coaches have been to a Championship game and 2 haven't even won a playoff game.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the current ownership will pony up for Harbaugh. It has been no secret all is not harmoneous in San Fran, right or wrong, and with Jimbo being a very abrasive guy it might be time for him to move on. I am sure UofM will be mentioned but in all reality he stays on the West Coast and the Raiders will be paying him a boatload and he will have about a 3-4 year window before he wears out that welcome.

Rinse and repeat.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the current ownership will pony up for Harbaugh. It has been no secret all is not harmoneous in San Fran, right or wrong, and with Jimbo being a very abrasive guy it might be time for him to move on. I am sure UofM will be mentioned but in all reality he stays on the West Coast and the Raiders will be paying him a boatload and he will have about a 3-4 year window before he wears out that welcome.

Rinse and repeat.
Believe in the hype if you like. I will wait and see.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE

Jed is a smart man, he knows winning coaches just don't grow on trees we are not very far removed from a decade of absolute coaching hell, from Erickson, Nolan and Singletary it was a dark decade. I am confident Harbaugh will be back and with a nice pay raise.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it going both ways actually. It's a toss up in my mind, but I have to admit it's more of a "feeling" than anything concrete. Obviously my views are shaped by these stories but I always realize sports media needs to fabricate/embellish to get people to read.

If they so let him go and we suck be ready for the fans to hate the FO. Like you said above me, we aren't too far off from the days of shitty coaches and a decade of incompetence. If they let go of Harbaugh and we regress (even if it isn't because of coaching) then yikes.

Harbaugh clearly knows what he's doing. As much as us fans and others like to put blame on coaches and stuff, we truly don't know what Harbaugh does and our criticism really means nothing since our knowledge of coaching an NfL is limited at best. From just a winning standpoint the guy is one of the best, and thats all that should matter. If there are real problems then maybe the FO should just suck it up since this guy is worth it, IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he chooses Michigan, but I do expect an offer in the $6-7 mil/yr range. I wouldn't be surprised if a few NFL teams don't follow suit. The 9ers will have to make a decision.

A lot will also depend on Michigan's interim AD, new AD, and donors.

NFL teams can't offer money/Contract. He is still under contract for next year. Only college teams can offer him.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rinse and repeat.

It has been documented that York has at least twice offered Harbaugh a raise (after the Super Bowl season and again last year), but that Harbaugh has turned it down. Stories are swirling that he wants to be the highest paid coach and supposedly wants more power. Both York and Harbs have denied that part. As for the pay, York wont pay him like a Super Bowl winning coach until he actually wins it.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh deserves to be in the 7-8 mil a year range, he should be making more then Fisher, Garret, and Kelly, none of these coaches have been to a Championship game and 2 haven't even won a playoff game.

Fisher made it to a superbowl with the Titans and lost to the Rams.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami offered more immediately, but overall dollar wise, he'd make more in SF and I think he believed that. I don't see that as taking less, I see it like an investment in a way. Just my perspective/opinion.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was looking at NFL HC salaries and I found some interesting things. Jim Harbaugh is being paid the right amount. He makes 5 million a year. Here are the coaches that are ahead of him. He shouldn't get much of a raise until he wins one.

#1 Sean Payton: 8 million a year, Won a Super Bowl
#2 Pete Carroll: 8 Million a Year, Won a Super Bowl
#3 Bill Belichick: 7.5 million a year, Won Multiple Super bowls
#4 Jeff Fisher: 7 million a year, Has a long track record
#5 John Harbaugh: 7 million a year, Won a super bowl
#6 Tom Caughlin: 7 million a year, Won Multiple Super bowls
#7 Chip Kelly: 7 Million a year, Was the hot name coming out of college
#8 Mike Tomlin: 6 million a year, Won a super bowl
#9 Any Reid: 6 million a year, Long track record and went to Multiple championp games.
#10 Mike McCarthy: 6 million a year, Won a super bowl
#11 Jason Garrett: 5 million a year, Dallas Cowboys over paid.
#12 Jim Harbaugh: 5 million a year, Great record. 3 NFC championship Games

So overall harbaugh is some what right where he should be. He should get a raise maybe to about 6-7 million a year. Also people forgot he took less to come to SF. Miami was offering 6.5 million a year.

That kind of jumped out at me. Same could be said of Harbaugh when the Niners picked him up.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought B.B. would be over $8-mill/yr.,.......*fkkn-krafts must've jewed him down*.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 49ers could get John Gruden out of the booth and back on the sidelines that hire would be incredible

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 49ers could get John Gruden out of the booth and back on the sidelines that hire would be incredible

yuck! I'll keep Harbaugh and Roman before i'd hire that guy.