• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets vs Seahawks 1998

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest factor in that series wasn't Micheal anyway. It was Rodman. Rodman was the MVP of that finals. Without question. He made the Sonics his personal bitches. Brickowski literally lost his mind, Dennis was so far up his ass.

Jordan looked all too human in that series. He was tired.

Sooooo many extra possessions, soooooo many stupid retaliatory fouls.

Rodman was the man in '96.

He was a factor, rebounding and good defense goes a long way... But not putting Gary on Mike starting that series was a huge mistake ... One of the reason Mike started looking so tired is because Gary started denying him the ball and making Mike run around like crazy.. I had never seen a defender get under Mike's skin like Gary did after game 3 when they locked him on Mike... But being down 3-0 just made it a tall order to climb out of... Sonics dam near took the series 7 games...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a factor, rebounding and good defense goes a long way... But not putting Gary on Mike starting that series was a huge mistake ... One of the reason Mike started looking so tired is because Gary started denying him the ball and making Mike run around like crazy.. I had never seen a defender get under Mike's skin like Gary did after game 3 when they locked him on Mike... But being down 3-0 just made it a tall order to climb out of... Sonics dam near took the series 7 games...

I'm not disagreeing with your whole premise. I get the thinking behind Karls decision though, they didn't want to wear Payton out, since his scoring was pretty vital to the squad too. Down in the hole, didn't have any choice.

Having said that, I'll go my grave thinking that Rodman should have been MVP. And it wasn't just the rebounding and D, it was the psychological warfare. The team was so focused ON Rodman. Like he's fvcked all their sisters and shit in their cornflakes to boot.

A team with all those weapons, you can't give them extra possessions.

Between offensive boards, and stupid fouls by Seattle, Rodman rang up a BUNCH of extra possessions and the Bulls made Seattle pay for it.

Seattle didn't have a physical answer to Rodman either. Brick was supposed to be it, but he couldn't hang with Rodman. And in trying, played right into his hands.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with your whole premise. I get the thinking behind Karls decision though, they didn't want to wear Payton out, since his scoring was pretty vital to the squad too. Down in the hole, didn't have any choice.

Having said that, I'll go my grave thinking that Rodman should have been MVP. And it wasn't just the rebounding and D, it was the psychological warfare. The team was so focused ON Rodman. Like he's fvcked all their sisters and shit in their cornflakes to boot.

A team with all those weapons, you can't give them extra possessions.

Between offensive boards, and stupid fouls by Seattle, Rodman rang up a BUNCH of extra possessions and the Bulls made Seattle pay for it.

Seattle didn't have a physical answer to Rodman either. Brick was supposed to be it, but he couldn't hang with Rodman. And in trying, played right into his hands.

You gotta put your best defender on Mike though.... And yeah I agree Rodman was great ..

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching that video, I'd forgotten what a Jordan slobberknocker Walton was. Heh.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're doing apples to apples (looking at the refs) the better analogy was that playoff game against the suns, where they had something fvcking stupid like 63 FT attempts in the game. Forget what year that was.

In the ref's defence, the Sonics were jacking up threes and long two's all game long, so it was easy for the calls to be out of whack, but not 40 whistles out of whack.

I don't want to even google that shvt, it'll make me angry. :(