• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with just how high they have Nelson rated. They have him as a top-3 player on their board right now and with good reason.
Wonder where they have Chubb rated
If he’s top 5 , I would take the player that effects the ball over the one that doesn’t

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Browns currently having 2 picks in the top 4 you must be thinking the Browns trade #4. I don't know that the Browns are looking to build more draft capital in thus years draft so a team may need to be willing to trade picks next year.

This draft is going to be interesting. I wonder if Denver won't spend some of the lower selections to move up for higher picks.

The Bills and the Browns are a great draft day trade matchup. They let the Bills get a QB - and pick up premium talent to go with whoever they picked at 1.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the top three picks may all be quarterbacks. The Broncos are going to have a stud, best-player-available to them if they want it. Shore up the line or go for explosive skill player?

I don't think the draft order of the top 5 is done yet though. Some other team is going to want in. It's going to be a long six weeks until the draft.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft?
1 comment
The move for a quarterback would appear to be on.
By David Fucillo and Adam Stites Updated Mar 17, 2018, 12:12pm EDT

The New York Jets have made the first big trade of the 2018 NFL Draft. More than a month remains until the first round opens, but the Jets have traded for the Indianapolis Colts No. 3 overall pick. The Jets announced that they are giving up their No. 6 overall pick, two second-round picks — No. 37 and No. 49 overall — as well as a 2019 2nd round pick.

Why did the Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft?

Yikes they are giving up a TON for one pick! Said player they want had immediately pay off for them!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the top three picks may all be quarterbacks. The Broncos are going to have a stud, best-player-available to them if they want it. Shore up the line or go for explosive skill player?

I don't think the draft order of the top 5 is done yet though. Some other team is going to want in. It's going to be a long six weeks until the draft.
Buffalo still needs to come up

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Buffalo is desperate to move up but I also wouldn't count out Arizona, Jacksonville or Miami.

I think Arizona and Jacksonville are late to be a serious threat to move up. If they do they will have to mortgage next years draft similar to what KC did last year. I think both of these teams might be looking Rudolph. Buffalo on the other hand has firepower to move up. If the Giants or Browns trade down that could be awesome for us if we want to stay at 5. Maybe we trade with Buffalo and end up with 2 first round picks and a pick or two next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have been in serious talks today with the Giants about trading up to 2. Buffalo is doing the same. Seems right now Buffalo is offering more in the trade than the Broncos but because the Giants don't want to trade clear back to 12 they are seriously considering the Broncos offer.

From the sound of things the Browns don't want to trade back again this year. They know it is time to load up on quality over quantity.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade to 2. Either stay put or trade down. If we trade up it has to be for a QB. Right?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be Barkely - and for me that would make sense. Placing a top QB draft pick behind Keenum - just creates a argument about who should be getting snaps.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are trading up and they don't take a QB, given the price, everyone should be fired.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be Barkely - and for me that would make sense. Placing a top QB draft pick behind Keenum - just creates a argument about who should be getting snaps.

Few things here...1) I have a hard time wanting to trade up for a RB in a very deep RB class. Barkley is a great talent don't get me wrong but to move up the Broncos would be sacrificing quite a bit of draft capital. There are only two positions I'm willing to sacrifice such draft capital for and that is pass rusher and QB.

2) If the Broncos believe the future of their team at the QB position is in this draft then trading up for a QB is worth it. Look at the Eagles and Rams and how their trade ups have worked out so well for their franchise. Nailing that position with a draft pick is the greatest thing any team could do for their franchise. Gives them so many options of how they can move forward. Yes there is a lot of risk involved and it could turn into what the Redskins had happen with RGIII but if the Broncos are going to take a risk then that is where I want them to take the risk.

3) The big question you have to ask is do you believe that Keenum is the future of this organization? If the answer is yes then makes sense to look elsewhere in the draft. If the answer is no then this is the year to try and get your QB of the future. Think about the last 10+ years of the draft. How many of the top tier RB's have gone on to win a Super Bowl for their organization? Adrian Peterson has 1 playoff win to his name. Even this past year Fournette for the Jaguars they only went 7-6 in games that he started. So as much as the run game was their identity on offense they still struggled to win games with such a great talent.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things here...1) I have a hard time wanting to trade up for a RB in a very deep RB class. Barkley is a great talent don't get me wrong but to move up the Broncos would be sacrificing quite a bit of draft capital. There are only two positions I'm willing to sacrifice such draft capital for and that is pass rusher and QB.

2) If the Broncos believe the future of their team at the QB position is in this draft then trading up for a QB is worth it. Look at the Eagles and Rams and how their trade ups have worked out so well for their franchise. Nailing that position with a draft pick is the greatest thing any team could do for their franchise. Gives them so many options of how they can move forward. Yes there is a lot of risk involved and it could turn into what the Redskins had happen with RGIII but if the Broncos are going to take a risk then that is where I want them to take the risk.

3) The big question you have to ask is do you believe that Keenum is the future of this organization? If the answer is yes then makes sense to look elsewhere in the draft. If the answer is no then this is the year to try and get your QB of the future. Think about the last 10+ years of the draft. How many of the top tier RB's have gone on to win a Super Bowl for their organization? Adrian Peterson has 1 playoff win to his name. Even this past year Fournette for the Jaguars they only went 7-6 in games that he started. So as much as the run game was their identity on offense they still struggled to win games with such a great talent.

Fornette had a huge game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs and very good game against NE.
I put playoffs in a different category that the grind of the regular season

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Keenum is not the answer we probably end up drafting high again next year. I am not sure what next year's QB class looks like but it may make sense to roll with Keenum and Lynch. Give Lynch 1 last chance to develop and let's us see what Keenum can do. If we add a QB at 2 or 5 then what do you do with Lynch? He is no longer the future. Do you cut him?

Elway said he didn't give Vance a roster to be successful with and that is part of the reason Vance remained the head coach. That tells me that we are going to add pieces around the guys here for next season, and trading a ton of draft capital for the future. We sure haven't done much in Free Agency so the pieces have to come from the draft. Right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fornette had a huge game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs and very good game against NE.
I put playoffs in a different category that the grind of the regular season

I'm not saying that Fournette isn't a good player or didn't help his team this past year. A great RB though only gets you so far in the NFL. Where a great QB obviously gives you a chance at the championship year in and year out. So again if the Broncos love one of these QB's then I have no problem with them trading up to go get that guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keenum is not the answer we probably end up drafting high again next year. I am not sure what next year's QB class looks like but it may make sense to roll with Keenum and Lynch. Give Lynch 1 last chance to develop and let's us see what Keenum can do. If we add a QB at 2 or 5 then what do you do with Lynch? He is no longer the future. Do you cut him?

Elway said he didn't give Vance a roster to be successful with and that is part of the reason Vance remained the head coach. That tells me that we are going to add pieces around the guys here for next season, and trading a ton of draft capital for the future. We sure haven't done much in Free Agency so the pieces have to come from the draft. Right?

I would say 1) FA isn't over yet. I know the Broncos haven't done much yet but many times the best teams in the league it is the 2nd wave of FA where the best moves are actually made. This is when you can pay players their true worth compared to paying maybe the 20th best LT in the NFL the top money in the league. 2) I would say this upcoming draft is deep but not very top heavy. Was just discussing this with Nick earlier about how the top players in this draft many of them wouldn't be but maybe the 3rd best player at their position in other drafts. So while I like a guy like Bradley Chubb I also don't see him as an elite pass rusher. I like Barkley but this is a deep RB draft where I think the Broncos can still get a very talented RB later in the draft. I really like Nelson but again this is a deep IOL draft. The best players in this draft for the most part are at some of the deepest positions in the draft. So would trading some draft capital really be that bad if it meant the Broncos got the QB they liked?

As for Lynch yes I think the Broncos have given up on him. He hasn't shown the drive needed to be great in the NFL. The lightbulb has not gone on for him. He came into the league thinking his superior athleticism would be enough and has quickly figured out that only gets you so far in this league especially at the QB position.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Fournette isn't a good player or didn't help his team this past year. A great RB though only gets you so far in the NFL. Where a great QB obviously gives you a chance at the championship year in and year out. So again if the Broncos love one of these QB's then I have no problem with them trading up to go get that guy.
I was referring to #1 not #2. Yes there is never "too much " draft capital if you hit the homer on the QB.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Elways past “loves” have all sucked. He loved Oz, he loved Lynch... let’s go with someone else’s love this time

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Elways past “loves” have all sucked. He loved Oz, he loved Lynch... let’s go with someone else’s love this time

Well from the sound of things Kubiak is in charge of the draft. So it will be one of his loves. That is why Allen isn't the top rated QB on the Broncos board.