• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft?
1 comment
The move for a quarterback would appear to be on.
By David Fucillo and Adam Stites Updated Mar 17, 2018, 12:12pm EDT

The New York Jets have made the first big trade of the 2018 NFL Draft. More than a month remains until the first round opens, but the Jets have traded for the Indianapolis Colts No. 3 overall pick. The Jets announced that they are giving up their No. 6 overall pick, two second-round picks — No. 37 and No. 49 overall — as well as a 2019 2nd round pick.

Why did the Jets trade for Colts’ No. 3 pick in 2018 NFL Draft?

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB hungry team just slipped in front of us to replace a non QB hungry team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured Bills Jets would likely trade up to top 4. So Denver Chubb Nelson or Mayfield Fitzpatrick

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that a few experts have the Broncos taking Quentin Nelson now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because of Ray? Alot of fans want Chubb over Maj Nelson

I think it has more to do with just how high they have Nelson rated. They have him as a top-3 player on their board right now and with good reason.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson may not make it to us. The Giants or Browns could draft Nelson and/or Barkley.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson may not make it to us. The Giants or Browns could draft Nelson and/or Barkley.

Well if that is the case then that works in the Broncos favor if they are looking to draft a QB. Pushes the QB talent to the Broncos to give them options. That is the one good thing the Broncos have going for them is they can go in a few different directions and still get talented players. If they go a QB in the 1st then gives them a lot of great options at the most important position with still a lot of draft capital to add to the team for immediate help. If all the QB's are taken then that means the Broncos have the first choice of any of the non-QB options or should have a lot of trade back value with teams looking to trade up for a Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb was a 4-3 DE but I've seen him listed at 270+ pounds. If the guy can play DE in Denver...Chubb/Fitz/Nelson...I'd probably be happy with any of them. I still really, really like Nelson though. I wanted him at #20 last year but he stayed in college.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb was a 4-3 DE but I've seen him listed at 270+ pounds. If the guy can play DE in Denver...Chubb/Fitz/Nelson...I'd probably be happy with any of them. I still really, really like Nelson though. I wanted him at #20 last year but he stayed in college.

I could get behind any of them really. Nelson is my favorite as well and I think making our OL one of our strongest units only helps out the entire team. The run game is improved taking pressure off the QB making things a bit easier and then of course with the team playing with a lead every once in a while that should lead to good things for the defense. So if we miss out on the QB's he is definitely at the top of my list.

AT the same time Chubb being at a far more important position and not as deep of position in the draft makes him tough to pass up. Adding a great pass rushing option opposite Von has to be a priority for this team. Ever since Ware and Jackson left our pass rush just hasn't been the same. Teams know they can single up everybody else on the DL and just make sure that Von doesn't destroy them. Need somebody to take advantage of those opportunities and right now Ray and Shaq have not lived up to that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB hungry team just slipped in front of us to replace a non QB hungry team.

I think this had to be expected. Bills traded up quite a bit to try and secure one of the top spots and with other teams fighting for those spots it makes sense. The question becomes do the Browns trade out of one of their spots and allow another QB hungry team or also do the Giants decide not to go QB and pick Barkley or Nelson?

I would say the other big question is QB rankings. The way I understand it there are not many teams that have the same rankings among the top QB's. Such as for the Broncos they have Mayfield at the top of their list with Rosen 2nd and Darnold 3rd. The Browns though have Darnold top of their list from what I understand. For the Giants it sounds like they have Rosen. For the Bills and Jets it sounds like Rosen and Allen are their top QB's. So some could really depend who falls to the Broncos of whether they go QB or not.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could get behind any of them really. Nelson is my favorite as well and I think making our OL one of our strongest units only helps out the entire team. The run game is improved taking pressure off the QB making things a bit easier and then of course with the team playing with a lead every once in a while that should lead to good things for the defense. So if we miss out on the QB's he is definitely at the top of my list.

AT the same time Chubb being at a far more important position and not as deep of position in the draft makes him tough to pass up. Adding a great pass rushing option opposite Von has to be a priority for this team. Ever since Ware and Jackson left our pass rush just hasn't been the same. Teams know they can single up everybody else on the DL and just make sure that Von doesn't destroy them. Need somebody to take advantage of those opportunities and right now Ray and Shaq have not lived up to that.

I am wary of drafting Barkley. I know he's a phenomenal talent and that RB's transition well to the pros. But I don't think we have a good enough team, mainly O-Line and QB, to afford drafting a RB that high.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wary of drafting Barkley. I know he's a phenomenal talent and that RB's transition well to the pros. But I don't think we have a good enough team, mainly O-Line and QB, to afford drafting a RB that high.

I really like Barkley as well. My biggest issue is more with how the Broncos use their RB's. Or at least how they have here over the last couple of years. I'm not sure I trust this current staff to get the most out of him. Where with a guy like Chubb or Nelson I much more like the chances that they show up very early and often for the Broncos and can be those possible 10+ year starters for the team.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind picking up Barkley on the off chance he falls to Denver at 5. Keenum plus a strong, dominating RB could keep our defense fresh and potent. As long as we keep building up the o-line that could end up being a very potent lineup.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind picking up Barkley on the off chance he falls to Denver at 5. Keenum plus a strong, dominating RB could keep our defense fresh and potent. As long as we keep building up the o-line that could end up being a very potent lineup.

The nice thing about this draft is that IOL is one of the deepest groups in the draft followed by that of RB. So the Broncos could add to both groups to help the Offense become a pretty good unit. It is why for me I have been leaning a bit towards Chubb in the 1st to help the defense knowing we can still get a quality OL player like Will Hernandez or maybe a Billy Price type player in the 2nd.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking QBs go 1-4 and if Barkley falls to the Broncos - they should nab him. He will make Keenum a better QB.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking QBs go 1-4 and if Barkley falls to the Broncos - they should nab him. He will make Keenum a better QB.
With the Browns currently having 2 picks in the top 4 you must be thinking the Browns trade #4. I don't know that the Browns are looking to build more draft capital in thus years draft so a team may need to be willing to trade picks next year.

This draft is going to be interesting. I wonder if Denver won't spend some of the lower selections to move up for higher picks.