• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets sign Vick

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year, 5 million.

Not a big Vick fan, but def. an improvement.

Time to go make a move for Jackson.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible move... sometimes an improvement is not an improvement...

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez >>> Vick

said no one ever.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arn't winning a title with him........but if these guys are going to tell me sanchez at 8 million is better than vick at 5.....that's kinda out there.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see it much differently. He is by far the best QB Rex has had....go out, get D-Jax.

Vick/D-Jax/Marty reunite....add in Decker and Kerley, while it wont be elite level, it's not an offense that can be ignored.

I can't remember the last time the Jets have had that.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see it much differently. He is by far the best QB Rex has had....go out, get D-Jax.

Vick/D-Jax/Marty reunite....add in Decker and Kerley, while it wont be elite level, it's not an offense that can be ignored.

I can't remember the last time the Jets have had that.

okay I'll give you that ...Geno and Vick in the same huddle running the wild cat etc BUT Vick is currently in a severe concussion mode (meaning he has had several) also I dont like giving up 5 mill due to Vicks current circumstances

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay I'll give you that ...Geno and Vick in the same huddle running the wild cat etc BUT Vick is currently in a severe concussion mode (meaning he has had several) also I dont like giving up 5 mill due to Vicks current circumstances

First, the 5 million is nothing.......the jets are going to go into the season WELL under the cap, 5 mil doesn't hurt them either way.

Vick is injury prone, and will get hurt. Then Geno goes in, best of both worlds..........you get lets say 12 games of Vick, but yet 4 games of Geno to judge as well.

I am not a huge Vick fan, don't take me as one............ but 12 games of Vick, 4 games of Geno..........that's better than most of what we have had as Jets fans in the last few years.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the 5 million is nothing.......the jets are going to go into the season WELL under the cap, 5 mil doesn't hurt them either way.

Vick is injury prone, and will get hurt. Then Geno goes in, best of both worlds..........you get lets say 12 games of Vick, but yet 4 games of Geno to judge as well.

I am not a huge Vick fan, don't take me as one............ but 12 games of Vick, 4 games of Geno..........that's better than most of what we have had as Jets fans in the last few years.

Come on, as a Jets fan havent we learned that playing with young QBs confidence is not a good thing... Getting Vick and starting him is saying that the Jets Will Draft in 2015... If we started Geno this season and gave him the talent he did not have last season around him, we would Know if he is our future... IF he is not then they would still have to draft a QB in 2015 but at least they will likely be a worse team and get the better pick...

Improving to be more mediocre is not the way to go... sometimes an improvement is just not an improvement...

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all Vick isnt getting 12 starts. The jets went 8-8 under a rookie QB and the forecast was for the Green to win only 3 games. Geno only has to lower the TO ratio, 5 million for an inury prone QB is high risk.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Sanchez had to do was exactly what you guys are asking Geno to do. In theory it sounds great, more often than not it fails.

Everything i'm saying is contingent on getting Jackson. If the Jets don't get Jackson....I don't want any part of Vick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Sanchez had to do was exactly what you guys are asking Geno to do. In theory it sounds great, more often than not it fails.

Everything i'm saying is contingent on getting Jackson. If the Jets don't get Jackson....I don't want any part of Vick.

Basically what you are saying is that you think the Jets can make the playoffs this season with vick... But would you admit that this season, and the the next season is a total failure if this experiment fails(like it is likely to do)

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what you are saying is that you think the Jets can make the playoffs this season with vick... But would you admit that this season, and the the next season is a total failure if this experiment fails(like it is likely to do)

No. Because what I am also saying is odds are Geno is more likely to turn into Sanchez than a QB the Jets can build a franchise around.

The Jets just did this with Sanchez......they can't make the same mistake again. And Geno will get a chance to play this year, he will get a chance to prove the Jets wrong.

I am not saying I love Vick, I am saying Vick gives the Jets the best chance to win and going into Week 1 that is who I want the Jets to play.

And again, GO GET JACKSON. If the Jets don't get Jackson, I take this all back.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Jets going away from Geno? Didn't they get him to be there QB? Not to say F you we are going in another direction

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the speculating, wishing, hoping, dreaming, or whatever is gonna matter.... and all of it will be rendered moot unless they do a serious upgrade to the O-line.
I hope Idzik realizes that.

Last edited by a moderator: