• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets fire Saleh

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody mention Pete Carroll yet? I didnt read all 4 pages.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Saleh was responsible for the three picks Rogers threw Sunday

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny! How are u? The Fam? Good to see ya posting. I took a long vacation from the Hoop myself.
Hey Cali always great to see ya and yes it's been a long minute. Family is fantastic thanks, and hopefully you and yours are doing great also. Your Skins, (sorry not used to the new woke name yet) are doing great and Daniels appears to be a stud. This weekend vs Balt will give a true tale of the tape, best luck!!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cali always great to see ya and yes it's been a long minute. Family is fantastic thanks, and hopefully you and yours are doing great also. Your Skins, (sorry not used to the new woke name yet) are doing great and Daniels appears to be a stud. This weekend vs Balt will give a true tale of the tape, best luck!!
Great to hear and all well on this end too.

They’ll always be the Skins to me ;)

Jayden is a marvel and peeps are looking forward to a competitive (finally) battle of the beltway. I’d love a win but at this point it’s all gravy, far exceeded any expectation I’ve had for the season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're probably trying to trade for Adams and someone forgot to tell Woody that the coaches' salary doesn't count against your cap...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he will be unemployed long.
Actually he will sit back and wait till next year head coaching positions open. He will get another shot, they will think he got a raw deal from a dysfunctional organization.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the overpaid a washed up drama queen to play QB

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Saleh had a raw deal and I think is pretty unfair he got fired. He was hired to coach Zach Wilson a guy he didn't even pick. In the drafts he made solid selections garrett wilson and sauce gardner. Then the Jets traded for AR, gets hurt in his debut so he was stuck with Wilson again the entire season. Then 4 games with AR into this season he gets fired.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much truth there is in the reports that Saleh wanted to fire Hackett Monday and Woody called Aaron and talked to him Monday night. Then lo and behold, Saleh gets fired the next morning.
I also heard on one of the pods that 27 HCs have been replaced before week 6 and the only interim coach to get to the play-offs was Rich Bisaccia for the Raiders in 2021. And, of course, Gruden had to step down due to the scandal, not fired because the owner wanted to.
Saleh should have probably been fired at the end of last year anyway and they try and hire Vrabel but that's hindsight. Firing Saleh now is kinda pointless other than to appease the diva.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SNY’s Connor Hughes reports two anonymous Jets offensive players “believed themselves to be at a disadvantage as a result of the offensive staff.”
A third unnamed Jets player said that Hackett “doesn’t take charge,” and that “half the time he tries to put it on Aaron [Rodgers], and Aaron will get frustrated.” While The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reported earlier that the Jets aren’t planning on firing Hackett, Hughes says “that [Owner Woody] Johnson has been critical of Hackett in recent weeks.” Robert Saleh may be gone, but the vibes on this offense remain bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hackett was about to be demoted as play caller before Saleh was fired.

An opposing defensive coach SNY touched base with criticized the Jets’ offensive scheme for being “vanilla” and lacking “creativity.” The Jets, under offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, do not believe in pre-snap motions. They want to get to the line, allow Rodgers to diagnose the defense, then run the play.

Very rarely are players “schemed” open as a result, the coach said. Two offensive players SNY touched base with believed themselves to be at a disadvantage as a result of the offensive staff. A third told SNY he can’t recall seeing a coach “with less confidence” than Hackett.

“Hackett doesn’t take charge,” the player said. “Half the time he tries to put it on Aaron, and Aaron will get frustrated.”

A team source told SNY that Saleh came to the decision to demote Hackett on Tuesday morning. While his title would remain the same, play-calling would be handed over to passing game coordinator Todd Downing. Saleh was readying to inform the offensive staff of his decision when Johnson called him into his office and fired him.

The Jets made attempts to hire Arthur Smith this offseason. While they were not going to get rid of Hackett, Smith would have assumed control of the offense. Smith instead chose to join the Steelers as their offensive coordinator.

The Jets emphasized pre-snap motions (the Kyle Shanahan 49ers’ offense, Matt LaFleur Packers offense) and creativity under former coordinator Mike LaFleur, whom Saleh brought with him from San Francisco. The scheme struggled with Zach Wilson under center, but thrived with Mike White. Ownership wanted Saleh to make a change after the 2022 season, which led to the hiring of Hackett.

The Jets this year rank 27th in yards per game and 25th in points. They are 23rd in DVOA. This despite having Rodgers at quarterback. Running back Breece Hall (65 carries, 197 yards, two touchdowns) and receiver Garrett Wilson (33 catches, 292 yards, two touchdowns) have been particularly ineffective thus far.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare saleh make Rodgers throw that lame duck into double coverage to cost them the game.