• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets fire Saleh

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is that I think the narrative is that the Jets O is godawful and the Jets D is fantastic but according to DVOA there are 6 other teams in the league that have that dynamic more than the Jets: Texans, Chargers, Broncos, Titans, Bears, and to a lesser extent the Vikings. As you can see, you can win with defense and if the Jets didnt miss a FG they'd be 3-2 right now.

Of course, the Bengals are 4th in DVOA and 1-4 right now so advanced metrics only go so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is that I think the narrative is that the Jets O is godawful and the Jets D is fantastic but according to DVOA there are 6 other teams in the league that have that dynamic more than the Jets: Texans, Chargers, Broncos, Titans, Bears, and to a lesser extent the Vikings. As you can see, you can win with defense and if the Jets didnt miss a FG they'd be 3-2 right now.

Of course, the Bengals are 4th in DVOA and 1-4 right now so advanced metrics only go so far.

They usually balance out as you get a bigger sample size. I would expect the Bengals unless they decide to tear it down to be one of the better teams in the second half of the season. I would expect some regression from those other teams other than maybe the broncos and Bears because of them having rookie QB's and should see some improvement as the season goes on. Chargers I think are in trouble and I think their defense is overrated. They have beat up on a lot of bad teams and a banged up Chiefs team that lost Rice early in that one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually balance out as you get a bigger sample size. I would expect the Bengals unless they decide to tear it down to be one of the better teams in the second half of the season. I would expect some regression from those other teams other than maybe the broncos and Bears because of them having rookie QB's and should see some improvement as the season goes on. Chargers I think are in trouble and I think their defense is overrated. They have beat up on a lot of bad teams and a banged up Chiefs team that lost Rice early in that one.
Yeah, I think Bengals are cruising for a 6 or 7 seed in which they might not even really be much of an underdog. Browns seem like they are in fiasco territory and the Steelers are firmly middle of the pack. Bengals generally play better down the stretch, anyways, so I dont think they are a team most want to face.

On paper, I like the Chargers defense. Looking at things their secondary is one injury away from becoming a liability so maybe that goes down to average. Chiefs really do have about 4 games a year where a lot of things go wrong because thats football and the Chargers did catch them in one of those games.

Broncos and the Jets in a lot of ways seem to be in a similar tier but with the Broncos arrow going up and the Jets going down. I do think there is still a decent chance the Jets bounce back

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Bengals are cruising for a 6 or 7 seed in which they might not even really be much of an underdog. Browns seem like they are in fiasco territory and the Steelers are firmly middle of the pack. Bengals generally play better down the stretch, anyways, so I dont think they are a team most want to face.

On paper, I like the Chargers defense. Looking at things their secondary is one injury away from becoming a liability so maybe that goes down to average. Chiefs really do have about 4 games a year where a lot of things go wrong because thats football and the Chargers did catch them in one of those games.

Broncos and the Jets in a lot of ways seem to be in a similar tier but with the Broncos arrow going up and the Jets going down. I do think there is still a decent chance the Jets bounce back

The Chargers I think are one of the more fascinating teams in the league. Statistically that defense is on pace to finish as one of the best ever in some categories. Yet you watch the games and I just don't think that is what I am watching. Offensively they have a long ways to go and seem content on being conservative and allowing the defense to win them a lot of games.

Steelers I just don't know. They do this every year of talent wise they don't look like they should be a playoff team but they have the formula figured out on how to make the playoffs. They don't build a roster to win the Super Bowl though so hence why they keep getting bounced in round 1 every year. I think this is the year they miss the playoffs though and finish in that 7-10 kind of area record wise.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers I think are one of the more fascinating teams in the league. Statistically that defense is on pace to finish as one of the best ever in some categories. Yet you watch the games and I just don't think that is what I am watching. Offensively they have a long ways to go and seem content on being conservative and allowing the defense to win them a lot of games.

Steelers I just don't know. They do this every year of talent wise they don't look like they should be a playoff team but they have the formula figured out on how to make the playoffs. They don't build a roster to win the Super Bowl though so hence why they keep getting bounced in round 1 every year. I think this is the year they miss the playoffs though and finish in that 7-10 kind of area record wise.
Steelers problem is pretty simple - they just aren't designed to be good at passing the football. Fields is decent but not good. Calvin Austin and Van Jefferson getting lots of reps in an offense probably isnt a good sign. Arthur Smith seems bland as an OC. I still think they should be okay but short of Darnell Washington breaking out I just dont see it.

Chiefs beat the Chargers because the Chargers had backup OL messing up drives and Herbert isnt 100%. Banged up Chargers are almost certainly 3rd place team in the AFCW but healthy they could be much better than what they've shown imo

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who coaches the Jets.
The inmates are the ones running that asylum.

They are one of the most undisciplined teams in the league and devoid of leadership.
Their owner is a clown, and the front office is always a revolving door of low grade castoffs.

That fanbase is being taken advantage of, victimized and ripped off.

Also, more importantly: Aaron Rodgers is washed.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I think about MVS on the Chiefs it immediately provokes this type of response...

futurama fry GIF