• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeter an all-star starter

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a fucking joke. They should limit a team to one all star starter if they are going to keep this fan voting.

2 hr
20 RBI

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how bad this popularity contest has gotten.

I'm hoping against hope that the league take a hard look at this kind of shit in the off season and makes the appropriate changes for next year.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly guys, this is nothing new. Yeah, Jeter is not playing anywhere remotely close to all-star level and all that and there are lots of SS out there who are deserving. The thing is a popularity thing and always has been even before fan voting. Over-the-hill stars have always got in because of past accomplishments. Managers routinely add in guys from their own team because of getting to or winning the WS the year before. Was Cal Ripken deserving of the vote in 2001? People were screaming the same stuff then and it turned into a great send-off for the guy. We can disagree with the fan vote all we want but it is just a showcase for the stars and not the end of the world. It is another reason that this game should not decide hfa in the WS, though. It should remain just an exhibition game with no meaning other than for some fun for players and fans.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly guys, this is nothing new. Yeah, Jeter is not playing anywhere remotely close to all-star level and all that and there are lots of SS out there who are deserving. The thing is a popularity thing and always has been even before fan voting. Over-the-hill stars have always got in because of past accomplishments. Managers routinely add in guys from their own team because of getting to or winning the WS the year before. Was Cal Ripken deserving of the vote in 2001? People were screaming the same stuff then and it turned into a great send-off for the guy. We can disagree with the fan vote all we want but it is just a showcase for the stars and not the end of the world. It is another reason that this game should not decide hfa in the WS, though. It should remain just an exhibition game with no meaning other than for some fun for players and fans.

Everyone wants to see the best play against each other. Everyone realizes certain teams have more fans (larger market) to send their players but this is pretty sad. His stats arent even close to being All Star worthy. I would rather see some other system where the fan vote is only part of the equation. Ripken was a different story since he was retiring, Jeter is not so it cant be the swan song vote.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair in the NL the fans voted pretty good. The AL Fan voting has sucked this year. There's always snubs though.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they weren't playing for home field advantage in the World Series then it wouldn't be a big deal.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question isn't about the all star game..but is he a hall of famer?

I know I am going to get rip for asking it...but I'm not certain.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he isnt a first ballot guy, he is the most over rated player in todays game. He will probably get in though...

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to be fair in the NL the fans voted pretty good. The AL Fan voting has sucked this year. There's always snubs though.

It is always the same shit every year with the Red Sox and Yankees getting scrubs on the team.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are the most popular team in the country. They will always have 2-3+ starters in every all star game as long as fans are voting for the starters. Not a fan of the voting... does not represent who the best players are. Vote for Morse and Konerko to make up for some of the snubs!

2011 All-Star Final Vote Ballot | MLB.com: Events

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jeter's strikezone is the size of sammy sosa's sack

his entire career is a fraud, mlb riggs strike zones

MaggieMay

Bewildered
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Popularity contest...yes, somewhat. Stats all-star worthy...nah. But it needs to be mentioned that when he reaches 3000 hits....we aren't going to see too many more guys reach that. Despite what anyone thinks, it's an important milestone. Think about it, it means you got 200 hits a season for 15 seasons on average (and he hasn't played much longer than that). That's a big deal. It's a rare accomplishment.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can overrate into getting 3,000 hits? :confused:

You can be overrated with 3000 hits. He is talked about as one of the best yet I dont think he ever lead the league in anything. He is surrounded by superstars so yeah his avg and hits will increase because of that. He was a good player, but not even close to being one of the best.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be overrated with 3000 hits. He is talked about as one of the best yet I dont think he ever lead the league in anything. He is surrounded by superstars so yeah his avg and hits will increase because of that. He was a good player, but not even close to being one of the best.

I agree. I don't Jeter belongs in the Hall of Fame when his time comes. He's a good player, NOT GREAT.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively by his position, Jeter is a Hall of Famer. He's been among the top offensive short stops in the league for his entire career. Defensively, however, he's barely passable at the Major League level.

He'll get in, but he's not a first ballot guy.