• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesse Sapolu reveals he played his entire career with a torn aortic heart valve

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I listened to that interview, there were a lot of pretty hairy stories about playing with that condition. Talking about doing two-a-day practices, and getting out of the first and hoping his heart would slow down before the 2nd.

I had an issue a few where my heart was beating crazy-fast on and off for a few days, and its all you can do to calm down both physically and mentally.....the idea of trying to play football and keep it cool while its happening is basically ridiculous. Talk about determination.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh...

how did this man survive training camp...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of my favorite Niners of all time...

I'm even more impressed with him now, what a WARRIOR!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
FYI - for football, we're now just the Warriors. it was changed by June Jones quite some time ago

Huh... didn't know that. I like it better as Rainbow Warriors, because I usually associate the word "Warriors" with mediocrity (sorry basketball fans). :)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huh... didn't know that. I like it better as Rainbow Warriors, because I usually associate the word "Warriors" with mediocrity (sorry basketball fans). :)

in football it is Warriors, in basketball it is Rainbow Warriors, in baseball it is Rainbows. the 'rainbow warrior' was great for Hawaii, making us very unique,
too bad it took on other meanings.

for me, just think it should all be the same, even if it included 'rainbow'? cause that name goes back to the very early 1900's, a lot of tradition for our University.

other meanings be damned, but this is an old guy talking..................