• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry FINALLY gets it?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you like the Martin pick or not, you have to be excited that it looks like Jerry is finally getting out of his scouts way and just taking the top player on their board. It really explains the Escobar pick last year. Whether Escobar comes on this year or is a bust, by taking the BPA, they will continue to hit on guys like Fredrick and TWilliams. If the Steelers hadn't taken Shazier, we would have taken him.
If the Cowboys were picking for need yesterday, we would have taken Pryor or Dix, Hageman or Ealy. If Jerry wanted to ''make a splash'', he would have taken Manziel. 10 years ago, I think he would have. It may take a year or two to get there, but if Jerry stays committed to this approach, and continues to spend more wisely in regards to the cap, the Cowboys will be back on top in a couple of years.
My one bit of advice to Jerry....stay committed to JG and his staff. If you continue to add the talent they need, they will turn it around. If you clean house after this year, it's back to square pegs for round holes

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never going to assume Jerry gets it, but last nights pick was refreshing. Continuing to build BOTH lines is a must.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very happy with recent drafts and the change in free agency we've shown, but I need t ostop short of saying "Jerry gets it". I can only bring myself to say "Jerry seems to be getting it"...

Now, let's see him take Carr in the second and say we are going to run a 2 QB base Offense!!!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very happy with recent drafts and the change in free agency we've shown, but I need t ostop short of saying "Jerry gets it". I can only bring myself to say "Jerry seems to be getting it"...

Now, let's see him take Carr in the second and say we are going to run a 2 QB base Offense!!!

A-11? 0.0

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add a safety and PLus 1 to the lines

I agree with that. Joyner and Huff still there at S, Richardson and Kouandijio at OT, and a shitload of good DL left

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the Cowboys using high picks on lineman. Hope we get more tonight.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you like the Martin pick or not, you have to be excited that it looks like Jerry is finally getting out of his scouts way and just taking the top player on their board. It really explains the Escobar pick last year. Whether Escobar comes on this year or is a bust, by taking the BPA, they will continue to hit on guys like Fredrick and TWilliams. If the Steelers hadn't taken Shazier, we would have taken him.
If the Cowboys were picking for need yesterday, we would have taken Pryor or Dix, Hageman or Ealy. If Jerry wanted to ''make a splash'', he would have taken Manziel. 10 years ago, I think he would have. It may take a year or two to get there, but if Jerry stays committed to this approach, and continues to spend more wisely in regards to the cap, the Cowboys will be back on top in a couple of years.
My one bit of advice to Jerry....stay committed to JG and his staff. If you continue to add the talent they need, they will turn it around. If you clean house after this year, it's back to square pegs for round holes

Escobar IMO was not even close to being the BPA at that time in the draft. Still annoyed with that pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah still does not get it. My fvking god. This trade blows

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calliing bs on Jerry he's an idiot.

super yang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's such a sad, broken record. as usual, our lacking depth is now 1 year worse than it was the previous.

...good luck Spencer, Crawford & Wilcox :shrug

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's such a sad, broken record. as usual, our lacking depth is now 1 year worse than it was the previous.

...good luck Spencer, Crawford & Wilcox :shrug

is that you FWD?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade ruins the pick of Martin to me. I felt great about it, and the sad part is, the draft fell perfectly for Dallas if they had stayed put. They would have gotten either Lawrence, Ealy, Crichton, Jernigan or Nix in the 2nd round, and another possible starter in the 3rd for the D. Where the Fuck is Lawrence gonna play in the NFL? He's 240 freaking pounds. Terrible beyond belief

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade ruins the pick of Martin to me. I felt great about it, and the sad part is, the draft fell perfectly for Dallas if they had stayed put. They would have gotten either Lawrence, Ealy, Crichton, Jernigan or Nix in the 2nd round, and another possible starter in the 3rd for the D. Where the Fuck is Lawrence gonna play in the NFL? He's 240 freaking pounds. Terrible beyond belief

Glad I'm not solo in that opinion

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not solo in that opinion

Hell Twist, You and I were debating whether Dee Ford could be effective as a pass rush end. At least Ford runs a freaking 4.6. Where is Lawrence gonna play, SLB? If they line him up at DE, he's getting trucked

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Twist, You and I were debating whether Dee Ford could be effective as a pass rush end. At least Ford runs a freaking 4.6. Where is Lawrence gonna play, SLB? If they line him up at DE, he's getting trucked

He's gonna warm the bench in suspension hell

Dumbest fucking pick the Cowboys have made since Carver

and SLB ..... too fucking weak to play that position

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna warm the bench in suspension hell

Dumbest fucking pick the Cowboys have made since Carver

and SLB ..... too fucking weak to play that position

Thats what I mean, where the fuck is this clown gonna play? He's a 240 lb DE. We could have had Ealy and Nix. Martin Ealy and Nix, or Dix, Ealy and Nix. Instead, Martin and Lawrence.:hurt:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was listed at 255 if that makes anyone feel better.
& they plan on having him play DE. On the phone call Rod asked him you ready to get your hand in the dirt.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I mean, where the fuck is this clown gonna play? He's a 240 lb DE. We could have had Ealy and Nix. Martin Ealy and Nix, or Dix, Ealy and Nix. Instead, Martin and Lawrence.:hurt:[/QUOTE

Martin Lawrence the two names together just made me laugh. I wish we stayed put and took Ealy and Nix.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not to late for Jerry to bring the circus to town and I think he will when he drafts Micheal Sam in the 7th