• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerod Mayo might be out for the season

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 5m
.@Lescarpenter reports #Patriots LB Jerod Mayo had surgery on a torn pec and could head to IR.

Big loss for the Patriots. No Wilfork or Mayo.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Briz think it is Elite still?

Briz said they would just put Rosie O'Donnell in at linebacker and they will be even better than they were before. Mayo, like Wilfork, wasn't well rounded enough to empower the team to a championship. No one can argue the "roundness" of Rosie.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilfork is not a loss its actually an upgrade hes not in. you dont play a nt in a 4-3.

mayo being out hurts hes a stud. but its not like we wont win the division and be in the playoffs anyways, long as brady dont get hurt we good. lool. the big question is will he be ir'd or back for the playoffs. they said if hes a fast healer he could workout after 6 weeks and practice after 8 weeks, so that would make a return for around week 14 of the season. ray lewis tore his tricep about the same time mayo got injured and he returned, although he was snorting deer antler juice. anyways it could be a more severe type injury and if he dont heal fast could take 4-6 months, if thats the case he be ir'd. we'll have to wait and see which one it is.

but lets not all jump off a cliff yet, one of the few positions on the team that has serious quality and depth is linebacker for the pats. mayo, spikes, hightower, and our first pick last draft collins. collins aint stating cuz theres no room for him with mayo, spikes, hightower starting in the 4-3. but he is deffinitly starter material, and with mayo out for good or temporarily he will step right in and start.

the only players the pats cant afford to lose are talib, dennard, mccourty, and chandler jones. if they lose another linebacker now they would be in trouble, but we were 4 deep.

aaaanyways. the d is still elite. these injuries are gunna take a tole and there may be a dip in the shorterm, but if we get healthy for the end of the season and playoffs we'll be fine.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilfork is not a loss its actually an upgrade hes not in. you dont play a nt in a 4-3.

mayo being out hurts hes a stud. but its not like we wont win the division and be in the playoffs anyways, long as brady dont get hurt we good. lool. the big question is will he be ir'd or back for the playoffs. they said if hes a fast healer he could workout after 6 weeks and practice after 8 weeks, so that would make a return for around week 14 of the season. ray lewis tore his tricep about the same time mayo got injured and he returned, although he was snorting deer antler juice. anyways it could be a more severe type injury and if he dont heal fast could take 4-6 months, if thats the case he be ir'd. we'll have to wait and see which one it is.

but lets not all jump off a cliff yet, one of the few positions on the team that has serious quality and depth is linebacker for the pats. mayo, spikes, hightower, and our first pick last draft collins. collins aint stating cuz theres no room for him with mayo, spikes, hightower starting in the 4-3. but he is deffinitly starter material, and with mayo out for good or temporarily he will step right in and start.

the only players the pats cant afford to lose are talib, dennard, mccourty, and chandler jones. if they lose another linebacker now they would be in trouble, but we were 4 deep.

aaaanyways. the d is still elite. these injuries are gunna take a tole and there may be a dip in the shorterm, but if we get healthy for the end of the season and playoffs we'll be fine.

Takeo Spikes? That dude is still in the league, damn... No disrespect with that, but that guy has tread on those tires.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meant Brandon Spikes. Also, acting like this isn't a huge loss is ridiculous. He is the captain on that defense. He's the one who make all the adjustments and calls the plays in to everybody. You don't just lose a leader/captain like Mayo and not miss a beat. I seen a stat earlier saying he had played in 98% of the Pats defensive snaps, that's a mainstay in your defense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meant Brandon Spikes. Also, acting like this isn't a huge loss is ridiculous. He is the captain on that defense. He's the one who make all the adjustments and calls the plays in to everybody. You don't just lose a leader/captain like Spikes and not miss a beat. I seen a stat earlier saying he had played in 98% of the Pats defensive snaps, that's a mainstay in your defense.

ah, my bad, I can't say I keep up with the Pats roster too much.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meant Brandon Spikes. Also, acting like this isn't a huge loss is ridiculous. He is the captain on that defense. He's the one who make all the adjustments and calls the plays in to everybody. You don't just lose a leader/captain like Mayo and not miss a beat. I seen a stat earlier saying he had played in 98% of the Pats defensive snaps, that's a mainstay in your defense.
hightower is just as smart as mayo and can call plays easily. you guys said the same thing after wilfork went down. i know you want to jump for joy that another big name pats player got hurt which helps the broncos but like i said, there are a few players the pats cannot afford to lose, and wilfork and mayo arent one of them. you dont play a nt in a 4-3 and the pats have 4 high round studs at inside linebacker. are we better with mayo? yes. is our d going to fall off the map without him? no.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say your D was going to fall off the map? I just said they'd take a hit. Hightower may be smart, but there's a reason Mayo was the captain and not Hightower. Are you sure Hightower has the football IQ that Mayo had? And the ability to make adjustment as the opposing QB is making adjustments? I'm not jumping for joy at anything, I actually want to play the Pats and opposing teams at full strength so clowns like you have no excuse as to why you lost.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say your D was going to fall off the map? I just said they'd take a hit. Hightower may be smart, but there's a reason Mayo was the captain and not Hightower. Are you sure Hightower has the football IQ that Mayo had? And the ability to make adjustment as the opposing QB is making adjustments? I'm not jumping for joy at anything, I actually want to play the Pats and opposing teams at full strength so clowns like you have no excuse as to why you lost.
you said it was a huge loss and it actually is not. losing talib, dennard, mccourty, or chandler jones would be a huge loss. the d would not even be able to function without one of them.

hightower was bread by nick saban in alabamas defense. he is highly intelligent, on mayos level. spikes isnt though.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Rolando McClain is highly intelligent because he came from Alabama, right?

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Rolando McClain is highly intelligent because he came from Alabama, right?
good point but hightower and mcclain are not even comparable. raiders drafted a scrub the pats drafted a stud. maybe thats why the raiders are the raiders and the pats are the pats. pats draft intelligent defensive players.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point but hightower and mcclain are not even comparable. raiders drafted a scrub the pats drafted a stud. maybe thats why the raiders are the raiders and the pats are the pats. pats draft intelligent defensive players.

So basically... the Pats are the Pats? Therefore, Hightower is smart? Cool Story, Broski.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically... the Pats are the Pats? Therefore, Hightower is smart? Cool Story, Broski.
.defensively yes they look for intelligent players on defense more than other teams do. thought that was common knowledge? belichick dont have patience to coach morons.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a feeling it was serious, that's a big loss. No Wilfork and Mayo is a huge loss to the defense. You can only hope Mayo returns near the end of the season or playoffs.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes...not good at all. Losing 2 of your defensive leaders is a huge blow, and the 3rd, Talib, may not play this week. Mayo should just go see Ray Lewis Dr, he got Ray back on the field pretty quick.......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go briz, you da man. I love your optimism and agree the mighty Pats can overcome any obstacle, plug in any player and kick ass, but please let's not talk about other players who might get hurt.
Go Pats!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely is a blow to the Patriots, but I still go back to what I've been saying; as long as Brady is still under center, it would be stupid to count them out. Especially since that division doesn't look that great, they should still make the playoffs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that losing Mayo is not cliff diving material, part of having an elite defense is having depth.

But...

"wilfork is not a loss its actually an upgrade hes not in."

Briz, you've lost your marbles. And the ones you still have are chipped.