• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jermichael Finley

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right he doesn't. He needs those draft picks anyway. We need to draft no less than four offensive linemen this year.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft 4 o lineman? Are you smoking crack Bucky?

+1

Packers will draft OL next year, always good to ensure have enough big guys up front. But I think EDS is only potential free agent and will have Bulaga, Tretter coming back. If Sherrod improves this year and displays talent of first round pick, Packers may have too many quality OL next year.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be surprised at all if we take a few OLinemen. Our oline isn't good. Yes it is better, but I think a lot of that is just appearance. We're running the ball better, but we finally have a legitimate NFL quality running back for once too that has vision and the feet to get him where he wants to go and if nothing is there, instead of losing 2 yards like we regularly did before, he still gains 3-4 all on his own most times.

Our pass blocking isn't that good. Yes Rodgers has a ton of time, at times. Mostly because we're keeping RB's and TE's to block on those plays when he does have seemingly a lot of time to throw. But then he only has 2 targets out in a pattern and if they don't bite on fakes they aren't open. Imagine what our offense could be like if we could rely on our offensive line to be talented enough to hold it's own and we could fully utilize all of the weapons on every play, not just some?

We've spent a lot of high draft picks, but they aren't panning out all that well. Lots of injuries, we'll see what they can come back as. If they can fulfill that potential, I think we're fine, but until they show they can, we always can get better in the trenches.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought this had been done way back.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought this had been done way back.

Yeah, I think it was just a formality at this point. No need to rush him to IR before, there was nobody pressing to take a roster spot and it gave some more time to get a more clear picture to the extent of the injury and confirm the medical decision. Now we need to make some room to bring people up, so they finally put him on IR. Sucks, but I'd rather see the man walking and enjoying life than putting himself at that risk for a game. I'm not that familiar with these injuries or what the long term risks are after it heals, i'm not sure anybody really knows.

It's not like it's a stability issue, if the surrounding structures are all intact and everything, I'd say he has no more chance than anybody else playing the game of being severely injured. I also know that a bruised spinal cord will result in some nerve fiber death and degeneration. Thankfully we're wired with a ton of redundancy so some loss is ok, most people have some at certain segmental levels. I don't know what the odds are of re-injuring that area and what it would mean. If he did or didn't play again after this year, well neither decision would really surprise me, but nerve tissue regenerates very slowly and in the CNS it is extremely slow, so not playing this year was expected.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting spinal fusion surgery

Godspeed Jermichael