• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jermichael Finley

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermichael Finley of Green Bay Packers in ICU after injury - ESPN

First off, there's a little review of his situation.

On an unimportant second note, what do we do now? Is DJ Williams still available? I'm really interested to see where to pass game goes from here.

DJ Williams is with the Jaguars.

I expect we will see a lot of Bostick. He is definitely a receiving threat, I'm a fan of him.

Also recently claimed Chris Harper. Was a WR at Kansas State but many project him as a TE and SF was working with him on that before they had to make roster room (were hoping to put him on PS)

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought James Jones might be back for the next game? Jarrett Boykin looked really good last game. It seems like him and Rodgers have chemistry already. Im not too worried about our passing game.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought James Jones might be back for the next game? Jarrett Boykin looked really good last game. It seems like him and Rodgers have chemistry already. Im not too worried about our passing game.

McCarthy said there is a "chance" Jones could return vs. MIN but it's a 2-3 week injury. No need to rush him back vs..........this defense

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fred davis is available

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay believes in developing their own guys. Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Stoneburner and recently claimed Chris Harper will get snaps at tight end. Ted Thompson just doesn't fill needs with trades
Right.
They already have the players they're going to Minnie with.

Considering how the last couple of weeks have gone, it's hard to argue with their philosophy.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.
They already have the players they're going to Minnie with.

Considering how the last couple of weeks have gone, it's hard to argue with their philosophy.

Well I think it is ridiculous that Thompson isn't trying to bring in someone new right now to start against the Vikings. Look how well it worked out for them, bringing in Freeman and starting him right away, it's obviously the recipe for success in this league.

But seriously, we could use some TE's on this team. Finley created match up problems and his hands improved again to what they were where he is above average in that category. I haven't seen anything out of our current crop of TE's to suggest they are anything other than semi competent bodies on the field and decent special team players.

I'd hope someone can step up, but I have my doubts. I knew Boykin would do well. He did well in preseason the past 2 years, showed he can catch and run, looked the part. I wasn't expecting 8 catches for 100+ yds and a TD, but I knew he'd do fine once his nerves were under control.

Same for all those linebackers. now they've exceeded my expectations again, but even still, they showed they could play before. They made themselves be noticed in the preseason when they got a chance and now they're making the most of their time.

So next man up in those situations obviously worked well. Better than I could have hoped. In addition, we have coaches that get them ready to play.

But I haven't seen any of that from our current set of TE's. Either they've disappointed other teams enough to get cut multiple times, or they've been disappointing me for a season or two. None of them has shown very good hands, a knack for finding an open spot and catching the ball or become a decleating blocker or anything. I hope one of them can seize the opportunity, but I have more doubts with this group than any other on the team.

I think missing Finley is going to have to be picked up by the WR's and Running game more than anything.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think before we even consider a trade we would put Franklin in the slot.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge loss for the Packers

they will no doubt find someone who is servicable - but certainly no where near Finley's ability

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Finley will be released from the hospital in the next 24 hours and it sounds like doctors believe he will play again but not sure when. He posted a video of him walking down the hallway at the hospital. Very encouraging. Ed Werder thinks the Pack should put him on IR.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Finley will be released from the hospital in the next 24 hours and it sounds like doctors believe he will play again but not sure when. He posted a video of him walking down the hallway at the hospital. Very encouraging. Ed Werder thinks the Pack should put him on IR.

I would think eventually that will happen, even if Finley can come back I'd guess it won't be until too late in the year and by that point the best decision might be to just let him continue getting healthy.

Maybe worried about the passing game was overstating my thoughts a little bit. I like what I saw from Boykin, we all know what Nelson brings to the table and I think Quarless can be a solid contributor. I don't think you can count on James Jones being ready to go this week, and we may not need him against Minnesota. Again, it may not be something we'll need against Minnesota, but losing so many offensive weapons really limits the offenses ability to run no huddle. I think we'll survive it against Minnesota, but I think it's something to at least look at.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new update- if he chooses to it sounds like he could come back in 4 to 6 weeks according to sources

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley was released from the hospital this afternoon

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, glad Finley is recovering.

But now that McCarthy isn't trying so hard to keep everyone happy, we can just run plays and Rodgers can find the open man. Put in the best blocking tight end and let Eddie and Aaron make plays. Nelson will get open. Boykin will get open. No need to rush out and find a mediocre tight end and burn draft picks.

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, glad Finley is recovering.

But now that McCarthy isn't trying so hard to keep everyone happy, we can just run plays and Rodgers can find the open man. Put in the best blocking tight end and let Eddie and Aaron make plays. Nelson will get open. Boykin will get open. No need to rush out and find a mediocre tight end and burn draft picks.

No need to worry about that, that isn't the way TT rolls.