• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher Football

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years and 3 games removed from a 2 win franchise...most of that time his QB1 has not played.
They are playing like a 2 win team now

The Rams lost to Michael Vick at home and got beat by Washington by 2 TDs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are playing like a 2 win team now

The Rams lost to Michael Vick at home and got beat by Washington by 2 TDs

You're giving Vick that one? I might split it with Ben, but I get your point they couldn't close the gap with Vick in there.

Granted the WAS loss was bad...but that was right after a big win vs a DIV rival...maybe they were not fully focuses on WAS and Fisher has to take the blame for that. Where I also totally agree is the OFC must do better... can't blame it on lack of play makers now...they botched some scoring/1st down plays that would make the PIT game look a whole lot different.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving Vick that one? I might split it with Ben, but I get your point they couldn't close the gap with Vick in there.

Granted the WAS loss was bad...but that was right after a big win vs a DIV rival...maybe they were not fully focuses on WAS and Fisher has to take the blame for that. Where I also totally agree is the OFC must do better... can't blame it on lack of play makers now...they botched some scoring/1st down plays that would make the PIT game look a whole lot different.
Its a small sample size but the Rams also did everything they could to lose that week 1 game, too. This team's season might be all but over if they lose to the Cardinals and Packers in the next two weeks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a small sample size but the Rams also did everything they could to lose that week 1 game, too. This team's season might be all but over if they lose to the Cardinals and Packers in the next two weeks.

Not to get too far out in front of this train, but I ran off 6 wins based on the eye test today...sweeping SF, CLE, CHI, DET, TB...gonna have to beat AZ in one of those to get to 8-8.

If they can accomplish 8-8 are you still ready to pull the plug and who do you go after if you do pull it?....Kyle Shannahan is probably setting himself up for a HC job if ATL continues to flourish on OFC....the college guy at Stanford a lot of people are high on but he seems content at that level.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that Gurley is 6'1" 231lbs, right? I think his smallish shoulder pads appear to make him look slight, but take a look at the tree trunk legs.

For reference, Steven Jackson was listed at 6'2" 240lbs

View attachment 35502

Yea, Rambulance I do know the size of Gurley. My point was, take Gurley and then find an even bigger guy like Okoye or Alstot both in the 6'4, 240-255lb range and pound the heck out of the opposition. Besides Gurley, we have been settling on these short, light, sometimes squatting backs that don't last most whom don't get past 210lbs marker. The list is mile long.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can accomplish 8-8 are you still ready to pull the plug and who do you go after if you do pull it?
I don't know about 8-8. Teams who finish 31st and 32nd in important offensive statistics generally don't finish better than 5-11 no matter who else is on the team.

The offense needs to get fixed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean 8th overall with Tavon, not fifth...:suds:

Point is look what we got for it. Another reach and a slot guy. A slot guy in the top 10? you need your head examined if you do that.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways I believe 8 and 8 probably sticks Fishers neck out further for the next season than 5 and 11 does.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really wanted to pound and ground as Fisher has stated, why didn't they go after a bigger guy than Gurley. Gurley is fine but they could have opted to also find a guy like Mike Alstot. Then they could load up the backfield in the I and run it down people's throats.

Here is the chance for the Rams to get a couple of players they should have drafted instead of the dopes they did draft. There is a fire sale going on Chicago. Jon Bostic was just traded to the Patriots for a sixth rounder I believe. Alshon Jeffrey has been mentioned as the next to go.

The Rams should put together a package to trade for Jeffrey and Kyle Long. Say a Quick, Trey Watts, Case Keenum, Isaiah Battle, and a fifth rounder (I think we still have one) for the two aforementioned players.

Gurley should be able to carry the load...Alstot was more of a fullback, mudder type....on that fast track in STL, I might want more speed to go with the power and that spells a Gurley type RB...if CHI let's Jeffery go, yes, I would jump on it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 8-8. Teams who finish 31st and 32nd in important offensive statistics generally don't finish better than 5-11 no matter who else is on the team.

The offense needs to get fixed.

Agreed. I take it you don't think it can happen based on what you've seen to date, but would roll the dice again with Fisher in '16 should they get to 8-8.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point ATL96Steeler. If I were Fisher, I would want both types of backs. If I am sold on the ground and pound, I want big and fast and big and mudder. I am going to line up and run it down your throat. Then mix it up from time-to-time with a pass or bring in a small speedy back like a Mason. Capeeche?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is look what we got for it. Another reach and a slot guy. A slot guy in the top 10? you need your head examined if you do that.

Oh I agree, I hated that trade from the start. We had a chance for two really good first round players(with starter potential), but we traded both picks for a guy who's 5'8 170lbs and only plays in certain situations...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Fisher Football? Mediocre Football

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is a Buddy Ryan disciple. With a side of John Robinson and and sprinkle of Bill Walsh.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Ozark, little to no influence from Bill Walsh even though Fisher spent minimal time with Walsh. If there is, it is very difficult to find on the field.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some Pardee in there too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I take it you don't think it can happen based on what you've seen to date, but would roll the dice again with Fisher in '16 should they get to 8-8.
I would because 8-8 would be a notable improvement over the way they've been playing the past 2 weeks.

I have seen a few people mention that the Rams are the type of team that you want to play at the beginning of the year and not the end of the year but all of that assumes that the Rams stay healthy and improve. What happens to this team if Aaron Donald or Kenny Britt goes down? Or the Rams lose an offensive linemen and have to reach there even more? Or the Rams lose a cornerback and have to reach there even more? Attrition hits at least 25 teams in the league every year.

NPR just did a story on how the new CBA has hurt offensive linemen more than any other position because they aren't getting practice time in before seasons. They then tried to piece it into a story about QBs getting hit a lot and I doubt there is much correlation but the reality is that the Rams oline doesn't have a ton of continuity. They are getting it during real games, though. One can hope that it pays off. When a team plays 'Fisherball' then oline continuity seems rather important. If the offense can just be subpar and not awful then they can get to something like 8-8 and improve.

I do think there is a point where the team will quit, though. You see Tampa Bay do it almost every year because they've hit a cold streak. Id like to think that the Rams leadership is better but if they get 4-5 games out of first place then its only natural.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is a Buddy Ryan disciple. With a side of John Robinson and and sprinkle of Bill Walsh.

Ah yes, good old Buddy Ryan...My favorite quote of his "A Buddy Ryan coached team is tough to beat." Of course most of the time they weren't, kinda does sound like Fisher no? Without the bravado though...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton, the CBA really has affected Pro football in may nefarious ways and as you have mentioned, the O-line has taken a major hit. Also, one of the reasons there is often a major drop-off in performance between the starters and the back-ups is due to the regulations of the CBA. Starters get all the practice time and back-ups seldom see any reps. My friend Jeff Rutledge who played QB for the Rams and was a coach in the league and ultimately left Pro Football often told me that the CBA has drastically limited a given team's ability to develop players, even starters, that they were allowed to do in years past.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton, the CBA really has affected Pro football in may nefarious ways and as you have mentioned, the O-line has taken a major hit. Also, one of the reasons there is often a major drop-off in performance between the starters and the back-ups is due to the regulations of the CBA. Starters get all the practice time and back-ups seldom see any reps. My friend Jeff Rutledge who played QB for the Rams and was a coach in the league and ultimately left Pro Football often told me that the CBA has drastically limited a given team's ability to develop players, even starters, that they were allowed to do in years past.

The Retronator, doing some name dropping! :)