• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jeff carter is the opposite of clutch.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how many times have we seen carter, dating back to the famous game 6 stanley up final game, have a wide open net with the goalie falling down and him shoot it RIGHT into the goalie instead of giving the puck 2 feet of elevation! that makes me so mad! most any player in the nhl knows to elevate the puck in those situations instead of just releasing it. carter has made a habbit of it! and its sad because the last 2-3 weeks i actually started to like carter again, and he's dug himself back down in my dog house.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and would it kill him or ******** to stop dead in front of the net after their shots and jam at the puck instead of skating on through to the corner??!!! :mad:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Sucks

Glad we all agree.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should just aim for the goalie. Oh wait, he does and is very accurate at it!!!:rolleyes:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{ It just made sense to merge the two threads }

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter gets hated on a lot and I think he actually deserves much of the criticism. But recently he has quietly stepped his game up. I don't think he deserves all the hate he's been getting.

Check this out: Jeff Carter's Quietly Great Season - SB Nation Philly

dude's got some time on his hands.. or at least whoever keeps track of those stats does.. i've never seen stats like that before haha

carter is streaky, and we have to deal w/ it.. because sometimes (mostly in the past) he has hit his hot* streak at a time when the rest of the team sucked and that resulted in him carrying the team

carter also has a tendency to get lazy, which is why he gets all the criticism he gets.. if he went all out night in and night out, he would be an absolute force in the offensive and defensive zone, he has that talent.. he just doesn't have the drive to be that dominant forward.. at least he doesn't seem too.. so he's a really good forward with the skill set to be great, but not the drive

*not sure i've ever used 5 words that started with H in a row :eek:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude's got some time on his hands.. or at least whoever keeps track of those stats does.. i've never seen stats like that before haha

carter is streaky, and we have to deal w/ it.. because sometimes (mostly in the past) he has hit his hot* streak at a time when the rest of the team sucked and that resulted in him carrying the team

carter also has a tendency to get lazy, which is why he gets all the criticism he gets.. if he went all out night in and night out, he would be an absolute force in the offensive and defensive zone, he has that talent.. he just doesn't have the drive to be that dominant forward.. at least he doesn't seem too.. so he's a really good forward with the skill set to be great, but not the drive

I agree with you. However, I also think he's not getting credit for some of the little things he's been so well this year. Things like faceoffs and defensive zone draws, etc.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

agreed

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. However, I also think he's not getting credit for some of the little things he's been so well this year. Things like faceoffs and defensive zone draws, etc.

agreed.. i think on some occasions he's been our best forward offensively and defensively this season.. i'm just saying he gets trashed (sometimes undeservedly) because he shows that he's capable of being that player, but isn't always

its just a simple case of high expectations.. its the same reason i dont particularly like pronger but love andreas nodl.. i definitely dont think nodl is a better player than pronger, but nodl has exceeded my expectations greatly, whereas pronger hasn't lived up to them (IMO).. maybe it's because i had expectations that were too high for pronger, but it is what it is and that's where i stand

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good thoughts Awaz. ONe of Carter's problems to fans is that he looks so effortless. So when he fails to produce, it looks lazy. And we all know he has skill. He, as well as many of our other forwards, would put up better numbers on teams that weren't so balanced. The scoring gets spread out with the playing time.

kevgar44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good points. I like Carter, but can definitely get upset that he doesn't play to his potential all of the time. Sometimes he looks like he isn't trying because his skating is so effortless, other times because he isn't getting his nose dirty enough. I like the fact that he is continuing to go to the net. The scramble goal against Chicago, he finally pushed in as he was getting pummelled to the ice and last night he started the game by shovelling in a backhand from in front and then providing the screen for Timmonen's goal. This is from a guy that got 2 broken feet last year by going to the front of the net and getting hit by shots. That tells me something about his compete level. He also has worked extremely hard on his faceoffs and is doing great (when called upon), as he isn't taking nearly as many face-offs. The thing I respect the most though is that he wants to be here! He just signed an extension at below market rates to stay with this team. You don't think he could go to another team, for more money and be the guy! Centering the 1st or 2nd line and getting more playing time. This is the guy that was the first alternate for Canada's Gold Medal Olympic team (last year). Could he play better all of the time? Sure. Would he like some shots back, absolutely, but so would a lot of other players. It says something about his play in that he is able to put himself in position to make those potential plays, whereas other players would not be in that position so they don't miss the shot, as they don't have the opportunity to take the shot.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevgar44 -- excellent post man!

Some help..

> Usercp

> Edit Details

> Scroll to bottom -- "Favorite Team" -- pick Philadelphia Flyers -- Save Changes. :D ;)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevgar44

Some help..

> Forget what Tox said

> Think long and hard why you cheer for the Philthy Flyers

> Repeatedly slap yourself upside the head :D ;)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevgar44

Some help..

> Forget what Tox said

> Think long and hard why you cheer for the Philthy Flyers

> Repeatedly slap yourself upside the head :D ;)

dont listen to him, he doesn't know how to pick a team and be loyal ;)