• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jayson Tatum?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright... I hear ya. This kid averaging a triple double ish would make me cream my pants, is all I'm saying. :D

I don't know about that "finally" word...

... just look at last season and our draft. Most folks thought Jaylon Brown was a slight reach. After a full season... dude looks like a nice pick. Avery Bradley was also an Ainge guy.

We got other players with decent production and/or upside from the draft, too. Ainge has earned better than that "finally" is this area.
They're all decent complimentary players. If Tatum averages that trip/doub then I will also be ecstatic. Just tired of seeing all these picks and no superstar via trade or draft. Until the Celts get another dominant player they will continue to lose late in the playoffs. They need that go to guy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are in a great position to bring new guys along easily. Brown and Tatum are 19 year olds. You can't compare them to players who player three or four years in college or people like LeBron who are freaks of human nature. How many Lebrons will there be every hundred years? 1 maybe 2??

Brown will get at least 8-10 minutes more per game this year. By the end of the season, I expect he'll be getting between 28-35 minutes every game. Tatum will be lucky if he's playing 12-14 minutes and if he plays more, it will be because he's good enough and earned it. What both of these guys need is a Griffin or Heyward to show them "how" to play in the NBA.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some Celtic fan po_rn... Jayson Tatum working the practice court. Count 'em up:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some Celtic fan po_rn... Jayson Tatum working the practice court. Count 'em up:

Sorry man, but don't get too excited here. Any decent NBA shooter is capable of hitting 10 or more in a practice session like that. Notice that people around him were saying things like "uh oh" and "he's hot", but they were relatively reserved because they see it every day.

Give an elite shooter 100 catch and shoot opportunities like that, and they will have multiple stretches where they hit 10 or more in a row.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, but don't get too excited here. Any decent NBA shooter is capable of hitting 10 or more in a practice session like that. Notice that people around him were saying things like "uh oh" and "he's hot", but they were relatively reserved because they see it every day.

Give an elite shooter 100 catch and shoot opportunities like that, and they will have multiple stretches where they hit 10 or more in a row.
Oh... I wouldn't argue with you here, t. Just having a C fan moment.

If that was a Wizard doing that... I'm sure you would be singing a different tune. :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... I wouldn't argue with you here, t. Just having a C fan moment.

If that was a Wizard doing that... I'm sure you would be singing a different tune. :D

I hear you.

I am resigned to the Wizards maxing out at 50-55 wins though. But, I bet Porter takes Tatum in a 3 point contest!

Of course he may only be a Wizard for another couple days.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3