• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jayson Tatum?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like hes a little underrated in this draft. Thoughts?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically the analytics don't love him or Jackson.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him. He can score just about anywhere and his passing ability is underrated. His stock unfairly took a hit when Duke struggled in the middle of the year when K missed games imo. Its about that time he went from being mentioned with the top guys to "oh yeah, he's still there I guess". He should be a very solid pro. Could be a pre-injury Danny Granger type of player, who if you remember, was pretty darn good.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him. He can score just about anywhere and his passing ability is underrated. His stock unfairly took a hit when Duke struggled in the middle of the year when K missed games imo. Its about that time he went from being mentioned with the top guys to "oh yeah, he's still there I guess". He should be a very solid pro. Could be a pre-injury Danny Granger type of player, who if you remember, was pretty darn good.
Well well well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well well.

Not shocked at all. I think he's really good. I had him ranked 2nd overall. Fultz, Tatum, Smith Jr, Monk, Fox/Ball, then Jackson. Yes, its a cop out to rank Fox and Ball together but I can't separate them.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the pick. versatility is todays nba.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the pick. versatility is todays nba.
Yep. He looks to me that once he gets a couple years in an NBA strength program... he can play some small ball 4. And potentially be deadly on offense there.

A solid pick.

C's still putting a recipe together for the future, though. I admit, I'm a little down that the whole Porzingis thing didn't go down for a reasonable price...

... but I'm realistic, too. I am satisfied with this outcome.

Now... let's get Hayward in the fold.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He looks to me that once he gets a couple years in an NBA strength program... he can play some small ball 4. And potentially be deadly on offense there.

A solid pick.

C's still putting a recipe together for the future, though. I admit, I'm a little down that the whole Porzingis thing didn't go down for a reasonable price...

... but I'm realistic, too. I am satisfied with this outcome.

Now... let's get Hayward in the fold.
i dont like the pierce comparison. different players. only real similarity is the ability to create their own shots.

porzingas...i read concerns over his flat feet, and a possibility of an achilles issue down the road. i guess the knicks were told to limit his minutes...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Nets trade is beyond underwhelming right now.

James Young
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum

even the Nets were able to get Russell using the pick they got from the C's.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked the Celtics didnt take Jackson

Duke players in the NBA

Thats a no-no

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Nets trade is beyond underwhelming right now.

James Young
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum

even the Nets were able to get Russell using the pick they got from the C's.
Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and next years #1 aren't chopped liver.

I'm reasonably satisfied so far.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and next years #1 aren't chopped liver.

I'm reasonably satisfied so far.

the word underwhelmed doesn't even cut it for me.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the word underwhelmed doesn't even cut it for me.
Also have to include the Laker'18/Sac'19 pick in the equation...

... that Nets trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jaylen Brown showed high quality potential last season. Gotta learn to look at the bright side, Q. :nod:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also have to include the Laker'18/Sac'19 pick in the equation...

... that Nets trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jaylen Brown showed high quality potential last season. Gotta learn to look at the bright side, Q. :nod:

We've met before, right? ;)

I'm usually the last person convinced in the good of anything....except Man of Steel, which was just brilliance...but I digress. lol

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny got his guy and another lottery pick. Kid can ISO so the the real question is whether he will be a effective defensive player. He will need to get his shot off faster in Brad's system. But it should be fun to see if he can ISO in 4th quarters when needed as he showed in college. Good stuff

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think within two years he's a 20 points, 10 bounds and close to 10 assist kind of guy. Not an offensive juggernaut that will take over games by himself but a player teams will need to game plan against.
My fear is his defense will keep him off the court over the next couple years.
Hopefully Brad and the coaches can make him a pretty decent defender?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think within two years he's a 20 points, 10 bounds and close to 10 assist kind of guy. Not an offensive juggernaut ...
Dude, what you just described statistically is an offensive juggernaut... that would be fantastic production (particularly the assists) from a combo forward.

My hopes are right there with you, brother... I think the point production is more realistic.
NWPATS said:
...that will take over games by himself but a player teams will need to game plan against.
My fear is his defense will keep him off the court over the next couple years.
Hopefully Brad and the coaches can make him a pretty decent defender?
Dude needs at least a couple of years in an NBA strength program. After that, I'm pretty confident Stevens and co. can mold him into a respectable team defender.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what you just described statistically is an offensive juggernaut... that would be fantastic production (particularly the assists) from a combo forward.

My hopes are right there with you, brother... I think the point production is more realistic.

Dude needs at least a couple of years in an NBA strength program. After that, I'm pretty confident Stevens and co. can mold him into a respectable team defender.
I consider a juggernaut a player like Lebron, Curry, Durrant... that can take over a game. If we believe Ainge Tatum is who they felt was their number one. Granted that may have been based on the current roster? Regardless #1 or #3 should be a star in the NBA. A 20, 10, 10 type is someone I consider a good complimentary player. A Mchale to Bird comparison. No I'm not saying Tatum in anyway should be compared to McHale.
I just hope Danny has finally found a quality player that will be around for years.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider a juggernaut a player like Lebron, Curry, Durrant... that can take over a game. If we believe Ainge Tatum is who they felt was their number one. Granted that may have been based on the current roster? Regardless #1 or #3 should be a star in the NBA. A 20, 10, 10 type is someone I consider a good complimentary player. A Mchale to Bird comparison. No I'm not saying Tatum in anyway should be compared to McHale.
Alright... I hear ya. This kid averaging a triple double ish would make me cream my pants, is all I'm saying. :D
NWPATS said:
I just hope Danny has finally found a quality player that will be around for years.
I don't know about that "finally" word...

... just look at last season and our draft. Most folks thought Jaylon Brown was a slight reach. After a full season... dude looks like a nice pick. Avery Bradley was also an Ainge guy.

We got other players with decent production and/or upside from the draft, too. Ainge has earned better than that "finally" is this area.