• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jayden Daniels ~ ‘that’s our QB’

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can argue it because they called plays . And yes my definition of franchise qb is elite nor did I say tier 2 is a game manager . . It is easier to win with a franchise qb but it isn’t the end all be all
It is not my issue that you don't even know what a franchise QB is, that's on you

As I said no reason to continue

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my fault your standards are low
I keep trying to return to this board with the team's rejuvination. But you just make it so hard. Nobody thinks a franchise QB must be elite other than you. Facts just don't seem to matter in your arguments.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to return to this board with the team's rejuvination. But you just make it so hard. Nobody thinks a franchise QB must be elite other than you. Facts just don't seem to matter in your arguments.
Eli Manning is another example of a Franchise QB who wasn’t elite.

An elite QB would have a winning record. He didn’t.
An elite QB would make the playoffs more than a third of thru career. He didn’t.
An elite WB would win a playoff game in more than just two seasons out of 16. He didn’t.

And yet He’s going into the Hall of Fame and absolutely was a Franchise QB.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is another example of a Franchise QB who wasn’t elite.

An elite QB would have a winning record. He didn’t.
An elite QB would make the playoffs more than a third of thru career. He didn’t.
An elite WB would win a playoff game in more than just two seasons out of 16. He didn’t.

And yet He’s going into the Hall of Fame and absolutely was a Franchise QB.
I honestly thought everyone understood what a franchise QB is. I stand corrected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s called debating DGF . The definition of franchise qb is subjective. Your interpretation of it is an opinion not a fact . Non franchise qbs have been to superbowl and won them . That is a fact , we won consistently under Gibbs without a franchise qb . That is a fact . So you don’t NEED a franchise qb but it sure as hell makes it easier .

Now if you can’t handle debate here which you should know is intense then this isn’t the place for you . I for one will stand up for my POV as intensely as you do and I won’t back down so you won’t pack up your ball and go home . The board is great with or without you and it will survive either way

Now either grab a set and debate and post or leave and go somewhere else . I don’t care what you do but do it and be done with it . You have the ignore button so use it if that is what you need but fierce debate makes this board work and it isn’t changing

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s called debating DGF . The definition of franchise qb is subjective. Your interpretation of it is an opinion not a fact . Non franchise qbs have been to superbowl and won them . That is a fact , we won consistently under Gibbs without a franchise qb . That is a fact . So you don’t NEED a franchise qb but it sure as hell makes it easier .

Now if you can’t handle debate here which you should know is intense then this isn’t the place for you . I for one will stand up for my POV as intensely as you do and I won’t back down so you won’t pack up your ball and go home . The board is great with or without you and it will survive either way

Now either grab a set and debate and post or leave and go somewhere else . I don’t care what you do but do it and be done with it . You have the ignore button so use it if that is what you need but fierce debate makes this board work and it isn’t changing
I have hardly ever used the ignore function but in this case I agree it would be best for the board. I reserve the right to take you off ignore in the future and comment if you say something stupid again. :) (that was a joke).

Final comment on this: You make fair points above. Yes franchise QB is subjective but you appear to be the only person on Earth who believes franchise QB is the same as elite. Most of us understand that there is a difference between Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes yet most everyone but you considers them both to be franchise QBs.

Again when I say facts are not on your side I was not referring to the definition of franchise QB. I was stating, with links, how the teams who made the playoffs the most times all had franchise QBs, many elite but not all. The vast number of championships were with teams with franchise QBs. Your Ryp or Flacco examples are outliers from a different era. I have no idea why you didn't understand the point that they PLAYED like franchise QBs for those seasons. They were in fact playing at a high level, the level of a franchise QB, for those seasons which only backs my position not yours. But for LASTING SUCCESS you can't rely on outliers, you need a true franchise QB who can maintain that high level of play as history clearly shows. This should not be difficult for you to uinderstand yet here we are. Again the facts are not on your side here.

It is kind of mind numbing that you can't understand how the QB of today, where far more passes and QB runs are the norm, are more important now than when Mark Rypien played. Are calling plays in the 30's while throwing 9 passes and "managing the game" really as demanding as reading the complex defenses of today, calling the correct audibles while running and throwing it 40-50 times a game? You have got to be kidding me with that argument.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGF, this board is all about differing opinions and defending those opinions, I’m not sure why you get so upset if someone has a different opinion. There is no universal definition of a franchise QB. It’s subjective. I personally believe that a franchise QB needs to be able to carry a team on his back, at times, to a win. But there are clearly QBs that have won a SB who are not elite nor, imo, franchise QBs. They were game managers that played well in a system. Neither of you have been disrespectful to each other, why the consternation over a debate?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most here are going to die on their sword. Trying to change someone's opinion to match yours is rarely going to happen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hardly ever used the ignore function but in this case I agree it would be best for the board. I reserve the right to take you off ignore in the future and comment if you say something stupid again. :) (that was a joke).

Final comment on this: You make fair points above. Yes franchise QB is subjective but you appear to be the only person on Earth who believes franchise QB is the same as elite. Most of us understand that there is a difference between Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes yet most everyone but you considers them both to be franchise QBs.

Again when I say facts are not on your side I was not referring to the definition of franchise QB. I was stating, with links, how the teams who made the playoffs the most times all had franchise QBs, many elite but not all. The vast number of championships were with teams with franchise QBs. Your Ryp or Flacco examples are outliers from a different era. I have no idea why you didn't understand the point that they PLAYED like franchise QBs for those seasons. They were in fact playing at a high level, the level of a franchise QB, for those seasons which only backs my position not yours. But for LASTING SUCCESS you can't rely on outliers, you need a true franchise QB who can maintain that high level of play as history clearly shows. This should not be difficult for you to uinderstand yet here we are. Again the facts are not on your side here.

It is kind of mind numbing that you can't understand how the QB of today, where far more passes and QB runs are the norm, are more important now than when Mark Rypien played. Are calling plays in the 30's while throwing 9 passes and "managing the game" really as demanding as reading the complex defenses of today, calling the correct audibles while running and throwing it 40-50 times a game? You have got to be kidding me with that argument.
Calling plays went on to the early 80’s, not just the 30’s outliers in fact prove it can be done and that is the crux of the debate . Again the 1st Gibbs era clearly shows my position. And that is 1/5 of my football watching life . Successful is also subjective. I say KC is successful while you may differ . I am not the only person on earth with my definition of what a franchise qb is. Listen to talk radio around the country and at least 30% agree with me if not more . The other 70% have 2 to 3 different standards of what a franchise qb .

If it can be done as outliers then it can be replicated

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Marino is considered an all time great but has not SBs. Hard not to call him a franchise QB. Sonny Jurgensen is a HOF QB, no championships where he was the QB. He was certainly a franchise QB.

Of course it helps to have an all time great, GB had back to back and in about 30 years with those two guys they won one SB each.

One thing has never changed, you need a team, not one guy to win.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty impressive for a rookie QB in week 6

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGF, this board is all about differing opinions and defending those opinions, I’m not sure why you get so upset if someone has a different opinion. There is no universal definition of a franchise QB. It’s subjective. I personally believe that a franchise QB needs to be able to carry a team on his back, at times, to a win. But there are clearly QBs that have won a SB who are not elite nor, imo, franchise QBs. They were game managers that played well in a system. Neither of you have been disrespectful to each other, why the consternation over a debate?

There's a history, I'll leave it at that. When someone wants to claim the demands of a QB in today's game is the same as the demands of a QB playing in the 30's who called his own plays out of a playbook of 20 pages and throws the ball 9 times a game it becomes frustrating to even have a conversation.