• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jayden Daniels ~ ‘that’s our QB’

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone understands that in today's game with so much more passing than the 30's and even the 2000's the QB is much more important today than it was in the past.

You must not watch a lot of Brock Purdy, he plays like a franchise QB at least in that system. And the year the Eagles went to the Super Bowl Hurts played like a franchise QB as well, just as Rypien and Flacco did, and that's why he got that huge contract. Again what happened when Hurts, Ryp and Flacco did not play like franchise QBs? This has been my entire point, again I said "LASTING success" and Dilfer. Rypien and possibly Huirts were one offs.
Playing like and being are 2 different things . Just because there is more passing doesn’t mean their roles weren’t important . Calling plays was on their plate and managing the game . The game was a lot rougher as well . We had 3 qbs win super bowls in the 80’ s and early 90’s a decade of sustained success without franchise caliber QBs . None were anywhere near HOF candidates or the top qbs of their era

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing like and being are 2 different things . Just because there is more passing doesn’t mean their roles weren’t important . Calling plays was on their plate and managing the game . The game was a lot rougher as well . We had 3 qbs win super bowls in the 80’ s and early 90’s a decade of sustained success without franchise caliber QBs . None were anywhere near HOF candidates or the top qbs of their era
You would be basically the only person who believes having a QB play at a high level is not crucial in an era when every team throws it 40 times a game. You are basing your argument on what happend 30 and 40 years ago when the game has changed dramatically.

I don't know why this continues to confuse you. I stated that is very hard to be a consistent winner without a franchise QB. This means obviously a QB playing at a high level. Now Mark Rypien and Joe Flacco did in fact play at a high level, the level of a franchise QB, and we saw what happened in those seasons. What happened with their teams when they regressed because they were not really franchise QBs? Why did their teams win rings when they played great and didn't go far when they did not?

I have provided a link showing how the teams who made the playoffs the most all had franchise QBs, I can do the same with Super Bowl teams where the vast majority did as well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, this has been an interesting conversation about "Franchise QBs" but the term missing throughout this conversation has been "EXPECTATIONS."
In the SB era, after 3,4, or 5 years of service a judgement has to be made about a QB. That judgement is based upon two primary things.
1. Is he that guy who can consistently get you into the playoffs and win a SB or SBs.
2. Based on #1 above, should he be paid accordingly.
Unfortunately, desperation has caused teams to pay premium prices for sub-prime, to just above average talents because it gives them stability and comes short of promise which is far better than the alternative.. QB hell.

Before I continue, please keep #1 (above) in mind.
I don't want to start an elongated back and forth about the guy, but for this group, no other guy comes close to demonstrating being paid as a consistent playoff and possible SB participant, than Kirk Daniel Cousins!
(Enter, excuses here.)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be basically the only person who believes having a QB play at a high level is not crucial in an era when every team throws it 40 times a game. You are basing your argument on what happend 30 and 40 years ago when the game has changed dramatically.

I don't know why this continues to confuse you. I stated that is very hard to be a consistent winner without a franchise QB. This means obviously a QB playing at a high level. Now Mark Rypien and Joe Flacco did in fact play at a high level, the level of a franchise QB, and we saw what happened in those seasons. What happened with their teams when they regressed because they were not really franchise QBs? Why did their teams win rings when they played great and didn't go far when they did not?

I have provided a link showing how the teams who made the playoffs the most all had franchise QBs, I can do the same with Super Bowl teams where the vast majority did as well.
Stop moving the goalposts from your original statement . You have gone from needing one to consistently , to “play like one “

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A franchise qb and playing at a franchise level are 2 different things DGF. It is that way today , it was that way yesterday and it will be 1000yrs from now , you made the statement, I didn’t and I disagreed with it .

The fact that franchise qbs have won MORE championships than non franchise qbs doesn’t mean it can’t be done . It HAS been done

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we finally put to bed the notion that you don't need a franchise QB for lasting success in the NFL? That was your quote Dak Prescott, Tony romo are just 2 off the top of my head who have had success, KC for gods sake

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we finally put to bed the notion that you don't need a franchise QB for lasting success in the NFL? That was your quote Dak Prescott, Tony romo are just 2 off the top of my head who have had success, KC for gods sake
I guess we have a different definition of franchise QB. Romo and Dak are in fact franchise QBs. I never said elite, I said franchise QB and most everyone agrees those 2 were and are franchise QBs. A tier 2 QB does not mean he's a game manager, that means he is one step below Patrick Mahomes and that's where those 2 land.

Look man if you are going to argue that QBs in the 30's, who threw the ball less than 10 times a game, were just as important as QBs today who throw it over 30 times, there is not much use in continuing. Once again you debate when the facts are not on your side.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have a different definition of franchise QB. Romo and Dak are in fact franchise QBs. I never said elite, I said franchise QB and most everyone agrees those 2 were and are franchise QBs. A tier 2 QB does not mean he's a game manager, that means he is one step below Patrick Mahomes and that's where those 2 land.

Look man if you are going to argue that QBs in the 30's, who threw the ball less than 10 times a game, were just as important as QBs today who throw it over 30 times, there is not much use in continuing. Once again you debate when the facts are not on your side.
I can argue it because they called plays . And yes my definition of franchise qb is elite nor did I say tier 2 is a game manager . . It is easier to win with a franchise qb but it isn’t the end all be all