• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Gruden in over his head

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've taken a major leap when you state that the FO may want Winston. As inept as I belive our FO is, I can't believe that even they would risk a top pick on that head case. Not after what we've gone thru with RGMe.

O hI admit that right this moment saying the FO would go after Winston is a major leap. But lets face it, Snyder is going to need SOMETHING to get the fan base back into a hopeful mood next year. I think lot of the hope behind the Gruden\Griffin Marriage is gone. Drafting Winston (especially if they trade Griffin) makes Snyder Logic. remember he took over a team guaranteed to sell out for every game and is now seeing tickets being resold for 1/100th face value. Sure he made his money this year. But if fans have apathy come ticket buying season next year, I dont think Danny will take too kindly to it. So either every one gets on the same page and starts singing the same tune, or Dan will need to do something drastic to keep up ticket and concessions sales. And NOTHING packs the house like hope and a shiny new QB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If J. Winston, came in here and had season after season of 10 wins or more, I sincerely doubt that anyone would give a damn if he peed in his own mouth and ate glue. However, if this team passed on him and he went elsewhere, averaged 10 wins or more per, while peeing in his own mouth and eating glue....that would be a different story.

:lol: You got me chuckling Stymietee.......

However, that position could be made for any QB in the draft. The question is what is the probability of Winston becoming an NFL franchise QB vs him imploding. He is almost unmanageable now in college. What do you think happens when he has a couple Million in his pocket and at city telling him how great he is? I'd bet the chances are he gets worse before he gets better.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O hI admit that right this moment saying the FO would go after Winston is a major leap. But lets face it, Snyder is going to need SOMETHING to get the fan base back into a hopeful mood next year. I think lot of the hope behind the Gruden\Griffin Marriage is gone. Drafting Winston (especially if they trade Griffin) makes Snyder Logic. remember he took over a team guaranteed to sell out for every game and is now seeing tickets being resold for 1/100th face value. Sure he made his money this year. But if fans have apathy come ticket buying season next year, I dont think Danny will take too kindly to it. So either every one gets on the same page and starts singing the same tune, or Dan will need to do something drastic to keep up ticket and concessions sales. And NOTHING packs the house like hope and a shiny new QB.

I get your logic. But the vast majority of fans I talk to don't want a new QB, they want an offensive line. Or a competent secondary. IF Dan listens at all to the fans (which I almost laughed out loud as I wrote that) he would realize that its not a shiny new QB that is desired.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the for what its worth file

allen has told gruden he will be back next season according to NBC and that reliable staff

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has cleaned house 6 times in 15 years. How has that worked out?

For it to work, Snyder needs to fully clean house which means sell the team to someone more competent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the for what its worth file

allen has told gruden he will be back next season according to NBC and that reliable staff

Then Im hoping we lose out, get a top 3 pick, and trade down to give Winston to some one else while we draft 2 O-lineman and some DBs early. Open competition for the starting QB role in 2015 and let the chips land where they land.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Im hoping we lose out, get a top 3 pick, and trade down to give Winston to some one else while we draft 2 O-lineman and some DBs early. Open competition for the starting QB role in 2015 and let the chips land where they land.

Amen, Brother.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not for losing out . i want some wins . we need some wins . the draft will take care of itself

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not an advocate of trying to lose on purpose, but yes, this would be a dream scenario. I know Gruden has been far from great, but I would be disappointed if the FO and we, the fans gave up on him so quick. Give him at least another year and give him full reigns to do what he wants to do in the draft, FA, etc.

Now Haslett... He should've never been retained. Not sure wtf was up with that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not for losing out . i want some wins . we need some wins . the draft will take care of itself

Skinsdad... even if we win out the only point it would serve is to give false hope. Right now we need to hit rock bottom, which I dont think we have yet.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!! We aren't drafting Marcus Mariota?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!! We aren't drafting Marcus Mariota?

Not unless we finish with the #2 over all pick. And even then thats assuming the Raiders dont trade the pick to tampa in that case. We dont have that kind of luck. (Pun Intended)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to say that, but he needs to fix that freaking defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy isn't the answer, but neither is RG3. While he has the physical talent, he is as caustic to the team as Synder is. He is not part of the solution, but part of the problem.

Our best strategy is to use this draft to finally address the line of scrimmage. We need to get back to power football where we just slam it down people's throats. This will take the pressure off of whomever is our QB.

I vehemently disagree. Shanahan rushed him back, hurting him more and he was supposed to miss this entire season when he went down. I think he pushed himself too hard to come back.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, it may be unlikely he returns. I can see that. Gruden has no ties to him since he didn't draft him.

He may need to get released and go to a team as a backup for a few seasons and fully heal. In 2 years he'll still be just 26 and could revive his career once he's 100%.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vehemently disagree. Shanahan rushed him back, hurting him more and he was supposed to miss this entire season when he went down. I think he pushed himself too hard to come back.

His EGO rushed him back. If Shanahan had his way Cousins would have been the starter in 2013, the fact that Snyder and Allen had to talk Shanahan into drafting Griffin is all that any one really needs to know to realize that Shanahan didnt have as much control over the situation as some would have us believe.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His EGO rushed him back. If Shanahan had his way Cousins would have been the starter in 2013, the fact that Snyder and Allen had to talk Shanahan into drafting Griffin is all that any one really needs to know to realize that Shanahan didnt have as much control over the situation as some would have us believe.

Hmmmmmm.....I thought it was Shanny motivating him to return sooner. I've been known to be wrong before.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm.....I thought it was Shanny motivating him to return sooner. I've been known to be wrong before.

Dude, if you can convince Oakland to give us the #1 pick for him straight up... he is all yours. :)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you not see the All In For Week 1 documentary? If so, did you see shanahan anywhere in that documentary? No, that was all RG3, Nike, and ESPN.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gruden and allen should be back :suds: