• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jason reid on RG3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why the WP shouldn't be allowed by REDSKINS owner Dan Synder to cover the team. What does Jason Reid know? Because he is a columnist, he can say or write whatever he wants? I say boycott any and all WP sports people moving forward. Anotherwards, they cannot come to REDSKINS Park, FedEx or in the REDSKINS locker room.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this gem from that article:

That was evident on the first day of training camp, when Griffin separated himself from everyone else on the field by wearing a black sock and a black cleat and a white sock and a white cleat. Griffin explained it was something he has done since college to represent the “yin and the yang. White and black working together. We’re all brothers. We’re doing it together.” Okay. Whatever.

WTF? What is this moron babbling about now? So RG3 wore different colored socks & shoes than the rest of the team - ooohhhh.. He should have been suspended for a few games. Oh well - this is what happens when you basically hire bloggers who do nothing but toe the company line which in this case means bad mouthing the Redskins 24x7. Ridiculous.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this gem from that article:

That was evident on the first day of training camp, when Griffin separated himself from everyone else on the field by wearing a black sock and a black cleat and a white sock and a white cleat. Griffin explained it was something he has done since college to represent the “yin and the yang. White and black working together. We’re all brothers. We’re doing it together.” Okay. Whatever.

WTF? What is this moron babbling about now? So RG3 wore different colored socks & shoes than the rest of the team - ooohhhh.. He should have been suspended for a few games. Oh well - this is what happens when you basically hire bloggers who do nothing but toe the company line which in this case means bad mouthing the Redskins 24x7. Ridiculous.

well we have posters here who gobble this up and take it as gospel . i am pro Rg3 but i posted the negative just the same . i am boycotting the WP but i had to see what he wrote after reading hogs heaven on it

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I'll bite. First, let me say, this article by Reid sucks from a journalism standpoint. But what should we expect from WaPo? They don't have reporters anymore, they have bloggers and moral crusaders.

Having said this, there are parts of it that have the potential to ring true (notice I said potential). Robert is all about Robert, first and foremost. While the socks/shoes issue is minor, it is indicative of how Robert likes to separate himself from everyone else so he stands out. He is a member of a team. If he thought the "messaging" of the socks/shoes was important, get the whole team to do it. It is also true that Robert uses his collegiate success as somewhat of a crutch. He refers to it often as ifit means he is destined to be an NFL success. We all know there isn't a guaranteed correlation there, but Robert is still immature about these things. Finally, I do believe that Robert does need a mentor and Doug is the perfect guy. Unfortunately Robert must not think so. He needs to learn how and when to use both the traditional and social media.

As for his play, it will speak for itself. I'm still hopeful that he will become a very productive QB, but I am not as hopeful as I once was. I am still impressed with his physical skills and his work ethic. I'm not as impressed with his maturity and am beginning to believe that his high intelligence may have been stretched a bit. This is not to say I think he is not intelligent, but just not the genius we were originally led to believe.

If I could council him, I would suggest that he cool down the social media and more flaymobant aspects of his personality until he has actually proved that he can succeed in this league. Success will bring recognition. Unfortunately, recognition came first with Robert before the success. He is now feeling the typical media back lash from that.

Duck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Reid was a decent beat reporter, but then he was "promoted" to the Redskins/sports op-ed guy after Wilbon left. And after a few initial weeks and some really, really bad editorials by J Reid, he got a little salty. And has generally stayed that way, almost as if he has the same gravitas or respect as a Mike Wilbon...but I've stopped reading his pieces since he has devolved into a Mike Wise version 1.5.

Anyone see Thomas Boswell's (a respected, credible source) response to the RGIII criticism? The link below has the important bits:

Thomas Boswell to concerned Redskins fans: Stop hating on RGIII - The Washington Post

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid said nothing wrong. I don't see what the big deal is at all. He said RG3 may have learned some valuable lessons but has more to do.

He stated RG3 needs to get out of the spotlight.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Griff was a rookie even Cowboys fans said they hated to admit it but they just loved the guy Then he gets hurt, plays poorly while hurt, sends some tweets and talks to reporters maybe too much and suddenly he is universally disliked by fans across the country. I really don't get it. Cam Newton comes to the Pro Bowl and acts like a total assclown but you don't hear much about that. Griffin and Newton's 2nd year numbers are pretty close yet I don't hear fans claiming Cam has a lot of work to do as they describe RGIII.

I really hope Griff lights it up this year to shove it up the ass of those fans. As for Jason Reid, this is what he does and it's getting really old. Socks? Really? We are talking about socks?????

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best thing I've ever read from bleacher. Impressive

I agree. This article gave me a different insight into Robert. I wonder if we will ever really know what went down between Griffin and Shanahan. Its just such a shame.......

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I'll bite. First, let me say, this article by Reid sucks from a journalism standpoint. But what should we expect from WaPo? They don't have reporters anymore, they have bloggers and moral crusaders.

Having said this, there are parts of it that have the potential to ring true (notice I said potential). Robert is all about Robert, first and foremost. While the socks/shoes issue is minor, it is indicative of how Robert likes to separate himself from everyone else so he stands out. He is a member of a team. If he thought the "messaging" of the socks/shoes was important, get the whole team to do it. It is also true that Robert uses his collegiate success as somewhat of a crutch. He refers to it often as ifit means he is destined to be an NFL success. We all know there isn't a guaranteed correlation there, but Robert is still immature about these things. Finally, I do believe that Robert does need a mentor and Doug is the perfect guy. Unfortunately Robert must not think so. He needs to learn how and when to use both the traditional and social media.

As for his play, it will speak for itself. I'm still hopeful that he will become a very productive QB, but I am not as hopeful as I once was. I am still impressed with his physical skills and his work ethic. I'm not as impressed with his maturity and am beginning to believe that his high intelligence may have been stretched a bit. This is not to say I think he is not intelligent, but just not the genius we were originally led to believe.

If I could council him, I would suggest that he cool down the social media and more flaymobant aspects of his personality until he has actually proved that he can succeed in this league. Success will bring recognition. Unfortunately, recognition came first with Robert before the success. He is now feeling the typical media back lash from that.

Agree with a lot of what you state. However - I would take serious exception to the statement that "Robert is all about Robert". The guy appears to do a ton of charity related work & genuinely appears to reach out to kids and others. I believe that it is more a matter of being confused & not necessarily taking the right approach towards the team. This will perhaps come in time.

Beyond that - all that really matters are the results on the field. If RG3 & the Redskins more closely resemble the team of his rookie season then a lot of this will be forgotten. However - I do agree with you about the social media aspect although even there the media totally blows this out of proportion. Again - this is quite possibly something that will work it out as RG3 matures - we will see.

Anyhow - can't speak for anyone else but none of this really worries me - I will make my judgements based on what happens on the field during the next several months - should be interesting.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The socks issue seems to be a non-issue but is just another way that makes RG3 standout from the team. It is psychological.

His use of social media shows he hasn't learned or is just stubborn and is another way to make it about RG3.

When somebody says RG3 is about RG3, they are not talking charity...they are talking about on the team.

Duck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has more tweets than RGIII...of course, Wilson has more rings, too.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The socks issue seems to be a non-issue but is just another way that makes RG3 standout from the team. It is psychological.

His use of social media shows he hasn't learned or is just stubborn and is another way to make it about RG3.

When somebody says RG3 is about RG3, they are not talking charity...they are talking about on the team.

I understand the take on RG3 & stick by my statement. If he was this totally self absorbed person as portrayed by the media then he would have never been selected captain in his rookie year. Do I believe that perhaps some teammates don't like his approach? Sure. However - I still believe that he gets along well with the majority of the team & is still very capable of being their leader.

There are issues here probably related to his maturity. However - quite a bit of this is blown way out of proportion. None of us have access into the locker room so we are not really qualified to assess the situation. Again - let's wait and see what takes place on the field over the next few months. If he fails then have it, but there is also the possibility that he shines in this situation. No sense in going into panic mode based on some stupid preseason games. HTTR

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the take on RG3 & stick by my statement. If he was this totally self absorbed person as portrayed by the media then he would have never been selected captain in his rookie year. Do I believe that perhaps some teammates don't like his approach? Sure. However - I still believe that he gets along well with the majority of the team & is still very capable of being their leader.

There are issues here probably related to his maturity. However - quite a bit of this is blown way out of proportion. None of us have access into the locker room so we are not really qualified to assess the situation. Again - let's wait and see what takes place on the field over the next few months. If he fails then have it, but there is also the possibility that he shines in this situation. No sense in going into panic mode based on some stupid preseason games. HTTR

I was a huge RG3 fan his rookie season. Everything was going right until we had to face a hurdle. Trials are where we find out what men are really made of.

I have lost a lot of faith in RG3 as a football player and as a man because of what I perceive as his attitude. The things he does, if he were playing well, wouldn't be an issue...but he is playing like shit.

I am not going to panic but it doesn't mean I should have "blind faith" either.