• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jason reid on RG3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was brutal.

Part of being in a division that has a spotlight on it, regardless of wins/losses.

Some truths, lots of opinion. The season will let us know what is reality.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge RG3 fan his rookie season. Everything was going right until we had to face a hurdle. Trials are where we find out what men are really made of.

I have lost a lot of faith in RG3 as a football player and as a man because of what I perceive as his attitude. The things he does, if he were playing well, wouldn't be an issue...but he is playing like shit.

I am not going to panic but it doesn't mean I should have "blind faith" either.

I don't have blind faith either. I am just asking everyone to just wait and see what happens. I really don't give a crap about his attitude if it doesn't affect his play or the play of the team. Don't get me wrong - if he were getting arrested, beating women or doing anything along those lines I would have a different take.

However - everything we read/hear is hearsay & mainly promoted by folks who are very anti-Redskin & some of the accusations are pretty nit picking. I also find it curious that we hear a lot more of these things in the last few weeks at the same time that the Manziel crap has died down (since he is not playing).

I am rooting for the team to do well on the field. I am not overly concerned with making sure that any given player lives up to someone else's standards. Go Redskins. Again - if RG3 fails miserably on the field for a chunk of the regular season then by all means bench him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have blind faith either. I am just asking everyone to just wait and see what happens. I really don't give a crap about his attitude if it doesn't affect his play or the play of the team. Don't get me wrong - if he were getting arrested, beating women or doing anything along those lines I would have a different take.

However - everything we read/hear is hearsay & mainly promoted by folks who are very anti-Redskin & some of the accusations are pretty nit picking. I also find it curious that we hear a lot more of these things in the last few weeks at the same time that the Manziel crap has died down (since he is not playing).

I am rooting for the team to do well on the field. I am not overly concerned with making sure that any given player lives up to someone else's standards. Go Redskins. Again - if RG3 fails miserably on the field for a chunk of the regular season then by all means bench him.

Some think he will do well and some think he won't. Just because we don't, doesn't mean we are hoping he sucks...we just think he will.

Shark and I have been saying similar things about RG3 for quite some time...RGME.

If RG3 fails...the Redskins fail...unless they go Cousins...and then the Redskins fail if KC fails.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because one expresses concern over Robert's performance and attitude issues doesn't mean they are a hater. My concerns are just that. Concerns. I am also willing to let, and hope he does, prove us wrong.

Robert is all about Robert. That doesn't mean he hasn't done good in the community, but everything he does is calculated and furthers an image he wants to present. The sock issue exemplifies that. He wants/ needs to be different from his teammates. This can sometimes be a problem in a team sport. Not saying it is here. We just don't know.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because one expresses concern over Robert's performance and attitude issues doesn't mean they are a hater. My concerns are just that. Concerns. I am also willing to let, and hope he does, prove us wrong.

Robert is all about Robert. That doesn't mean he hasn't done good in the community, but everything he does is calculated and furthers an image he wants to present. The sock issue exemplifies that. He wants/ needs to be different from his teammates. This can sometimes be a problem in a team sport. Not saying it is here. We just don't know.

the sock issue is about the dumbest thing i have heard in my life , period . it was stupid when i read it the 1st time .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sock issue is about the dumbest thing i have heard in my life , period . it was stupid when i read it the 1st time .

Let me take that a step further Dad. Who gives a rats &h*T whether he wears different socks, shoes or braids his hair differently than any teammate. I don't care if he shows individuality when around his teammates. Doesn't make him RGME or any other dumb arse names Griffin has been labeled with. The guy does nothing but work on his craft, has completely rehabbed a gruesome knee injury and is learning a new system & mechanics of being a pocket passer in this new offense. All things equal, he has come a long way and has proven he can play in this league. Unfortunately for Griffin, he has to be more than that in DC because we haven't had a QB of relevance in like forever. Look, give the guy a break and let him prove he can lead this team. After all, it takes 53 men, a competent coaching staff and front office to be successful on Sunday's, not just Griffin. I really can't wait to tell you all, "I told you so" when he does play well this year. Will that equate to wins? Not sure as I just mentioned, it takes everyone to accomplish that on Sunday's. Embrace the entire team on Sunday's including Griffin and cheer them on if you are a true fan, otherwise go F&#! yourself! :noidea:

Go REDSKINS!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, got to chime in. Griffins real problem is he wants nothing but love. It eats at him not to be the center of POSITIVE attention. The socks thing is just a symptom. Kid is a bit if a narcissist. If he steps up and performs, everyone will play nice and kiss his ass. If we lose games and he is a prime contributor, his ego will make him a distraction and will divide the team. and make no mistake, while they put on a united front last year... this was a team divided. And yes he did play a part in that as well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny how things change with the ebb and flow of success. In this, what have you done for me lately world, where winning garners praise and losing consternation some here seem ready to declare that even that is not enough. It is similar to a guy having a pretty good night out where he meets a beautiful woman takes her home a awakens to a sea donkey sleeping next to him.

We've had a glimpse of what RGIII is capable of and we've also seen a downside hoping that it was an aberration. The question now is which way does the curve bend? Towards images of the majestic toad or just another frog covered with warts.

In human terms we tend to create choices of either/or and rarely, if ever, notice that it is both.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you view it as an isolated incident, it is stupid. However, if you view it as another step in a pattern of behavior, maybe not.

The truth is, if he wins, all this is forgotten. If he struggles and loses, his unusual traits will only get magnified.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you view it as an isolated incident, it is stupid. However, if you view it as another step in a pattern of behavior, maybe not.

The truth is, if he wins, all this is forgotten. If he struggles and loses, his unusual traits will only get magnified.

you mean he wears different color undergarments too ? :lol:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny how things change with the ebb and flow of success. In this, what have you done for me lately world, where winning garners praise and losing consternation some here seem ready to declare that even that is not enough. It is similar to a guy having a pretty good night out where he meets a beautiful woman takes her home a awakens to a sea donkey sleeping next to him.

We've had a glimpse of what RGIII is capable of and we've also seen a downside hoping that it was an aberration. The question now is which way does the curve bend? Towards images of the majestic toad or just another frog covered with warts.

In human terms we tend to create choices of either/or and rarely, if ever, notice that it is both.

That's the big question. I hope that folks give him enough time to see if he is majestic or just another frog. He will struggle early this year, that's almost guaranteed. He is learning a new offense and, in effect, a new position. Hopefully by mid season, we start to see more consistency.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If everyone else is wearing the same colored socks...he chooses to wear a different color pair...then he is setting himself apart. It is a psychological phenomenon.

When he makes a racial statement with it...it's a media ploy. When people make a big deal about race...it becomes a big deal.

You may not think much of the sock thing...it is minor...but it does fit a series of behaviors.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone else is wearing the same colored socks...he chooses to wear a different color pair...then he is setting himself apart. It is a psychological phenomenon.

When he makes a racial statement with it...it's a media ploy. When people make a big deal about race...it becomes a big deal.

You may not think much of the sock thing...it is minor...but it does fit a series of behaviors.

tell it to joe namath HOF'r

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell it to joe namath HOF'r

Yes, and if you remember, he really irked some of his teammates. BTW, Joe was only a .500 QB in terms of wins/losses and in completion percentage. There are some that think he didn't deserve to be in the HOF based on his performance. I think a better analogy might be John Riggins. He was also an "individual", but backed it up and his teammates had his back.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter Manley comes to mind too...but he would never make it in today's PC football world...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Namath sucked. He had a good game...just like Doug Williams.

he was the first guy to throw for over 4000 yds in a season so maybe sucks isnt the word to use

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are talking about freaking socks

No, you want to minimize it to socks. What we are really talking about is personality traits some of us are seeing and others just want to gloss over. As i have said before, if he produces then everyone will kiss his ass and it will all blow over. But if he looks average or bad and the team loses games, yet he still walks and talks like his shit dont stink... it will become a distraction and divide the team.