• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Garrett's Contract

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better sit down UK and have another drink.
It's Friday, that's not a bad idea. Actually I had the same reaction when I heard that rumor, then I googled it and was like, what's all this lol. I doubt it happens, but it would explain why Jerry let 5-6 other teams hire new OC's before he fired his..obviously, Payton would call his own plays as HC. It would also explain why Garrett told the media Linehan would be back next season less than a week before Linehan was fired. Kinda strange that the HC missed the memo

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to off season!!! Now take the QB coach with you Scott.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our great special teams coach fired too!!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to do something there. Our return and coverage teams stunk for most of the season. Worst I have seen in a long time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record...I would hire Todd Haley as OC
Haley has had quite a bit of success,just not sure if he is an organizational fit. It would be entertaining and he would have ample opportunity to scream at the refs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Nussmeier - C - Cowboys
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys TE coach Doug Nussmeier could replace Scott Linehan as offensive coordinator.

Nussmeier is the top in-house candidate to take over for Linehan. A former quarterback, Nussmeier has previous coordinating experience at the college level. The Cowboys have also been linked to Georgia OC James Coley.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like the guy in every gym that lifts up a house, but can't remember his locker combination...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys TE coach Doug Nussmeier could replace Scott Linehan as offensive coordinator.

Nussmeier is the top in-house candidate to take over for Linehan. A former quarterback, Nussmeier has previous coordinating experience at the college level. The Cowboys have also been linked to Georgia OC James Coley.

Might be a short term solution if they don’t extend Red Ball. Gonna be difficult to recruit from outside the organization if the head coach doesn’t have some level of job security.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And... there’s this from the beat writer.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Cowboys haven't helped Dak out very much. His Rookie season Wade Wilson was his QB coach and he at least had times when he was in the room with Romo. Dak usually ran the play that was called and the ball came out. Now, Dak has a better grasp of things, but his QB coach is a guy he beat out for the starting job and his backup is Cooper Rush. I have always thought that if you were going to go with a rookie QB coach like Moore, you need a vet backup, and if you have a young backup, you need a vet position coach. They have Dak trying to make like Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage, and that's all great, but when you put your team in a play you audible to, the ball should be coming out. Todd Haley, Moore and say, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Rush would be helping Dak IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley has had quite a bit of success,just not sure if he is an organizational fit. It would be entertaining and he would have ample opportunity to scream at the refs.
It would also be nice to see him deck Garrett while he is clapping

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys haven't helped Dak out very much. His Rookie season Wade Wilson was his QB coach and he at least had times when he was in the room with Romo. Dak usually ran the play that was called and the ball came out. Now, Dak has a better grasp of things, but his QB coach is a guy he beat out for the starting job and his backup is Cooper Rush. I have always thought that if you were going to go with a rookie QB coach like Moore, you need a vet backup, and if you have a young backup, you need a vet position coach. They have Dak trying to make like Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage, and that's all great, but when you put your team in a play you audible to, the ball should be coming out. Todd Haley, Moore and say, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Rush would be helping Dak IMO
I agree Dak needs much better coaching than he received this year. The only thing is year one Romo was zero help to Dak. Sanchez was the guy that helped him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Dak needs much better coaching than he received this year. The only thing is year one Romo was zero help to Dak. Sanchez was the guy that helped him.
Yeah, it's pretty sad when your third year QB has started twice as as many games as your HC, OC, QB Coach and both backups...combined

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick would be a better backup than rush. I still think dak improved. If I am cowboys I am looking at the game plan we had against the giants in the finale. We had to throw without zeke and dak for the most part looked good. The game against the rams really exposed our OL. The line really was not great and I see no sense in being a smash mouth running team until the fix LG and center. At this point we dont know if frederick ever returns or if Williams can beef up. The loss of frederick is one of the reasons the offense struggled. Linehan was only part of the problem.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick would be a better backup than rush. I still think dak improved. If I am cowboys I am looking at the game plan we had against the giants in the finale. We had to throw without zeke and dak for the most part looked good. The game against the rams really exposed our OL. The line really was not great and I see no sense in being a smash mouth running team until the fix LG and center. At this point we dont know if frederick ever returns or if Williams can beef up. The loss of frederick is one of the reasons the offense struggled. Linehan was only part of the problem.
If Dak gets hurt, Rush can't win with that wet noodle arm. Fitz would be a great back up fit. Tampa had him throwing for 400 and big TD but also Int numbers. I'm Dallas, hand it to Zeke 30 times and get clean plat action looks deep...he could do that

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak will never be more than serviceable.