• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Garrett coaching for his job...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a big win Sunday night, and I feel pretty good about the Cowboys chances. But I'm concerned that if Dallas does win that JG will keep his job. I don't think that JG should keep his job for anything less than a conference championship appearence. What do you guys think?

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a big win Sunday night, and I feel pretty good about the Cowboys chances. But I'm concerned that if Dallas does win that JG will keep his job. I don't think that JG should keep his job for anything less than a conference championship appearence. What do you guys think?

I think you're leaving in a dreamworld. He has gotten his team in position to win their division and make a playoff fun for 3 straight years , only to watch Romo throw it all way. You can't blame the coach for that. You also can't blame him for having the worst defense in the league when he was hired as an offensive coach and not to run the defense. Jerry already knows this. I think they re-evaluate the defensive side of the ball and draft and acquire better defenders in FA this offseason. Almost sounds like you are hoping for them to lose this game so that they can replace Garrett and start from scratch again with an entirely new coaching staff? Yeah I'm sure that will produce a lot of wins in the next few years with this crew having to learn a new system with all new coaches ? You sure you're not related to Jerrah?...and I'm a fake fan??

They need to draft or sign a real young back up QB that can push Romo and be ready to play if he gets injured this offseason, not just another mediocre caretaker. If they could find a gem there and improve the DL to finally get some decent pressure upfront, maybe then they won't have to worry about losing leads and fielding this pathetic defense?

That's the real problem, continued coddling of overrated aging players by this coaching staff and management. Conference Championship game with this D?? Lol....you're fucking nuts...

Last edited by a moderator:

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we start by Romo proving that he can win a playoff game first? You're aiming way too high.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference championship game on the road with this D and Romo's history of choking in the big games?? Too funny. Jason Garrett and Jerrah need to stop acting like they are set at every position and are ready to make a serious playoff run every offseason with this current group of players. No one should be immune to competition, I mean no one. But Jerrah will probably extend Hatcher and he will bomb next year after getting his big payday and heading towards his mid 30s, restructure Ware to lessen the cap hit, extend Orton for another two years, offer an extension to Spencer after not playing all season long, while seriously believing again that they are just a player or two away. That's has been Jason and Jerrah's mantra over the last thee years I'm afraid.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints with Sean Payton

2009 13-3
2010 11-5
2011 13-3
2013 10-5

Without Sean Payton

2012 7-9

A perfect example of what happens to talent without direction.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we start by Romo proving that he can win a playoff game first? You're aiming way too high.

Without Romo, the playoffs would be dead today. Just saying.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should be fired regardless.

But it's not his fault Jerry throws money at mediocre guys like the Romos of the team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will be back if the cowboys win Sunday night. If Cowboys lose then I think he will be gone. Jerrah is gonna want to blame it on the coaches even though he wastes high draft picks every year on slow tight ends and injured players.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints with Sean Payton

2009 13-3
2010 11-5
2011 13-3
2013 10-5

Without Sean Payton

2012 7-9

A perfect example of what happens to talent without direction.

I don't know if you want to use Sean Payron as your shining example here ...his team can't win on the road and has been getting spanked lately lol .:noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know what else some of you expect. I will admit watching the Eagles last night was a little scary and had me thinking I want that offense, but it is what it is. With the injuries on our defense, I dont know what else you could really expect from this team if they do happen to win next week. I mean are we really better than SF, NO, CAR, SEA, GB or CHI.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Romo, the playoffs would be dead today. Just saying.

You're probably right, but is he the only QB on the planet that can't help this team to the post season ?? I think not...that is where your argument here becomes seriously flawed lol.

Better yet, do they make the playoffs and even win there with another QB that doesn't choke in big games lol??

The same old weak argument from the Romo loverboys, whom just can't remove those silly blinders.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fall short of the playoffs Garrett should and will be gone IMO. If we make the playoffs it's a crap shoot for him, but I say he stays. He cost us games which is the worst possible thing a HC should ever do. He needs someone to teach him game management and how not to panic when things get tight. Like Romo, the job may perhaps be too big for him.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will be back if the cowboys win Sunday night. If Cowboys lose then I think he will be gone. Jerrah is gonna want to blame it on the coaches even though he wastes high draft picks every year on slow tight ends and injured players.

Sounds credible...shift the blame and appease the fans has been Jerrah's MO from day 1.

Don't forget that he wastes valuable future cap space on these constantly injured players as well...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but is he the only QB on the planet that can't help this team to the post season ?? I think not...that is where your argument here becomes seriously flawed lol.

Better yet, do they make the playoffs and even win there with another QB that doesn't choke in big games lol??

The same old weak argument from the Romo loverboys, whom just can't remove those silly blinders.

Predicting teams or players to lose ..you will be right most of the time. Odds are always in your favor.

I'm sure someday you will find a team you like and become a fan ...you will see how hard it is.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're leaving in a dreamworld. He has gotten his team in position to win their division and make a playoff fun for 3 straight years , only to watch Romo throw it all way. You can't blame the coach for that. You also can't blame him for having the worst defense in the league when he was hired as an offensive coach and not to run the defense. Jerry already knows this. I think they re-evaluate the defensive side of the ball and draft and acquire better defenders in FA this offseason. Almost sounds like you are hoping for them to lose this game so that they can replace Garrett and start from scratch again with an entirely new coaching staff? Yeah I'm sure that will produce a lot of wins in the next few years with this crew having to learn a new system with all new coaches ? You sure you're not related to Jerrah?...and I'm a fake fan??

They need to draft or sign a real young back up QB that can push Romo and be ready to play if he gets injured this offseason, not just another mediocre caretaker. If they could find a gem there and improve the DL to finally get some decent pressure upfront, maybe then they won't have to worry about losing leads and fielding this pathetic defense?

That's the real problem, continued coddling of overrated aging players by this coaching staff and management. Conference Championship game with this D?? Lol....you're fucking nuts...

I typically agree with a lot of your points frye, and again, I agree with a lot of what you said above, but I think you're missing the total picture here. Garrett, if he was a good coach, could have avoided these "win and you're in" games two out of the last three years, with this year being one of them. JG has directly cost this team about as many games over the last 3 years as Romo has. If you don't see that, then I have to ask how many games have you watched over the past three years exactly?

As far as JG keeping his job with a NFC championship appearance, I know that's extremely unlikely. JG would have to coach his ass off to get this team to that point, and it would take something extraordinary like that for me to change my mind about JG at this point. If you think that I expect that result, then get a clue Frye, you're not as bright as I thought you were.

We all know Jerry is the engineer of this train wreck. We all know Romo is a disappointment in crunch time. But it seams only some of us know Garrett is just as culpable as the aforementioned two.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fall short of the playoffs Garrett should and will be gone IMO. If we make the playoffs it's a crap shoot for him, but I say he stays. He cost us games which is the worst possible thing a HC should ever do. He needs someone to teach him game management and how not to panic when things get tight. Like Romo, the job may perhaps be too big for him.

Yet he has his team in position to win their division in each of first full seasons as HC, and now even with the worst D in the league? You make a poor argument. It's debatable whether any coach costs his team wins, but we all know that an ill advised pass at the absolute worst moment can?? Don't see you jumping on the get rid of Romo bandwagon here either ?? Selective reasoning skills?

Hypocrites.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he has his team in position to win their division in each of first full seasons as HC, and now even with the worst D in the league? You make a poor argument.

The argument about in position to win the division each of the first three years is weak as hell. This team has been the definition of mediocre the last 3 years. The NFC East has been very weak for a few a years and Dallas and JG have yet to capitalize on that. It's so weak this year that Dallas is 5-0 in it's division and will finish 9-7 at best which would include a 6-0 division mark. 3-7 versus the rest of the league. That says a lot (a little) about the NFC (L)East.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he has his team in position to win their division in each of first full seasons as HC, and now even with the worst D in the league? You make a poor argument. It's debatable whether any coach costs his team wins, but we all know that an ill advised pass at the absolute worst moment can?? Don't see you jumping on the get rid of Romo bandwagon here either ?? Selective reasoning skills?

Hypocrites.

It's so funny watching you freak out anytime the finger is pointed away from Romo.

I know last night was your worst nightmare. What a clutch play from Romo.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny watching you freak out anytime the finger is pointed away from Romo.

I know last night was your worst nightmare. What a clutch play from Romo.

You mean the play where Murray came back to him and dived back towards the end zone to save their season against a 3 win team? ...and all Romo had to do, after getting oddlles of time from his OL in pocket, is to get the ball out to him into the flats? That play??

Or...was it how Romo ran around in pocket several times after getting close to 10 seconds to complete pass from his protection, only to either force the ball into coverage or throw it away when all he had to do was tuck it and run for a 1st down and a probable 15 yards untouched? Selective reasoning again?

I'm sorry. I didn't know that winning that game yesterday sealed a division crown and playoff spot for them. I though it was just against a pathetic team heading nowhere to keep their playoff hopes alive? Been there and done that before.

My problem with you Romo apologists is that you are so quick to blame others for this team woes and excuse every mental break down that Romo makes? You point to his success in games when they win games that don't really catapult them to another level, only sustain hope, yet you completely disappear when he throws that brain-dead pick at the absolute worst of times...ending what really matters most, taking them to another level in the playoffs... that is where you lose all credibility, celebrating the moral victories by winning the battles, but letting him off the hook when his loses the war.

You are just a microcosmic of uncle Jerrah. The illusion continues...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these games, if there was better coaching, there wouldn't have been a need for Romo to be clutch. Not just in our losses but in our wins as well. I for one hope we gut the coaching staff & start again.