• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Garrett coaching for his job...

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a big win Sunday night, and I feel pretty good about the Cowboys chances. But I'm concerned that if Dallas does win that JG will keep his job. I don't think that JG should keep his job for anything less than a conference championship appearence. What do you guys think?

According to Jerry Jones this morning, Jason Garrett is not coaching to keep his job. He went as far as saying that Garrett's future looks bright with this team, and that he was impressed with the way Garrett has handled all the injuries on this team. Now this could be he doesn't want the distraction right before the biggest game of the season, or he is convinced Garrett is the answer.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jerry Jones this morning, Jason Garrett is not coaching to keep his job. He went as far as saying that Garrett's future looks bright with this team, and that he was impressed with the way Garrett has handled all the injuries on this team. Now this could be he doesn't want the distraction right before the biggest game of the season, or he is convinced Garrett is the answer.

I just read those quotes a few minutes ago. I'm not at all surprised. Its just like Jerry to put the cart before the horse. His ego and pride are truly Texas sized these days. So we, as a fan base, seem to be locked into this trio of Jones, Romo and Garrett for a little while longer.

Dallas loses in season finale
Kiffen will retire much to fans relief
Marinelli takes over and jerry hypes him to no end. "Its a new day in dallas....again"
Garrett remains hc with jerry citing injuries as reason Garrett needs another chance
Jerry makes a splash in the draft that gets people talking - good or bad
Romo goes golfing
Jerry hands out another bad contract
Preseason starts and so does the hype machine
Wash, rinse and repeat

Kiffen is the fall guy this year. Next year will be Garrett for sure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's mantra...when in doubt say too much, not too little...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems silly to argue over who sucks more. Can't you just agree they both suck and neither will ever win anything of relevance?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read those quotes a few minutes ago. I'm not at all surprised. Its just like Jerry to put the cart before the horse. His ego and pride are truly Texas sized these days. So we, as a fan base, seem to be locked into this trio of Jones, Romo and Garrett for a little while longer.

Marinelli takes over and jerry hypes him to no end. "Its a new day in dallas....again"
Garrett remains hc with jerry citing injuries as reason Garrett needs another chance
Romo goes golfing
Wash, rinse and repeat

And so it begins. With Kiffen out, the dominoes will start to fall. I'm sure a lot of you guys knew this was coming too. I'm curious to see how closely it plays out to what I have outlined above.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins. With Kiffen out, the dominoes will start to fall. I'm sure a lot of you guys knew this was coming too. I'm curious to see how closely it plays out to what I have outlined above.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kiffens stays, NO Kiffen, NO Marenelli.... If Kiffen goes so should lil red

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett should have been,but 8-8 will sell tickets. I wonder who exactly wants to coach the Cowboys? Who exactly are candidates? In mentioned Swartz in my drunken stupor last night. Probably not a great idea. We now get to see the the 3 stooges botch another draft in the spring. It almost made me vomit when watching Jerraah,stephen and his daughter acting like they know anything about football

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if Kiffens stays, NO Kiffen, NO Marenelli.... If Kiffen goes so should lil red

With Kiffen gone, Marinelli is going to take over the defense. This was the plan from the start when Kiffen and Marinelli came on board together. It's not like Kiffen was expected to have some lengthy run as a coach here. The guy is already 73 years old (I think). I would find it hard to believe that Marinelli came to Dallas to be a D-line coach, without the promise from Jerry that he would be Kiffen's eventual successor.

And if Jerry is true to himself, it would be just like him to promote Marinelli to head coach once he shit cans Garrett after next year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
With Kiffen gone, Marinelli is going to take over the defense. This was the plan from the start when Kiffen and Marinelli came on board together. It's not like Kiffen was expected to have some lengthy run as a coach here. The guy is already 73 years old (I think). I would find it hard to believe that Marinelli came to Dallas to be a D-line coach, without the promise from Jerry that he would be Kiffen's eventual successor.

And if Jerry is true to himself, it would be just like him to promote Marinelli to head coach once he shit cans Garrett after next year.

From everything I have read, Marenelli is very loyal & the reason he left the Bears when Lovie was fired. I understand the premise of him becoming the successor to Kiffen, but NOT under these circumstances. Kiffen is on record as wanting to return as the DC. IF Jerry pulls the trigger I hope he goes after Horton

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

From everything I have read, Marenelli is very loyal & the reason he left the Bears when Lovie was fired. I understand the premise of him becoming the successor to Kiffen, but NOT under these circumstances. Kiffen is on record as wanting to return as the DC. IF Jerry pulls the trigger I hope he goes after Horton

perhaps Marinelli would be ok with kiffin as a consultant

this is why I said center around

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry needs to center his off season around Marinelli.

I think that ship sails if he fires Kiffen, he should of hired Marinelli to be the DC to begin with...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

Horton would be an awesome addition, though Jerry would look like a fool for switching back to the 3-4. Wait, nevermind lol

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo goes golfing
Wash, rinse and repeat

Bump.

Posted December 24, 2013

It's scary how predictable this franchise is.

Last edited by a moderator: