• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarius Byrd

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one guy I would love to see the Cowboys go after. Say goodbye to Hatcher, let Spencer walk. Hopefully get Ware to take a paycut, cut him if you don't. Redo the Romo and Carr contracts as was planned and sign this guy. He would have a huge effect on our defense. He would eliminate the need to draft S in the first two rounds, and would be better than anyone we could pick anyway. We could easily go DL in two of the first three rounds, leaving open the possibility of taking a talented player at another position that may fall to us. Getting Crawford back, adding in a Jernigan or Donald, and adding Byrd at S would make this D look much more respectable IMO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in hell we could land him.

Not should even try. What you are talking about doing is something you if if you are a player away. We aren't even close.

Plus whatever money we free up is going to Smith probably Dez and maybe Murray (All of which are in the final year of their contracts)

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think he ends up with the Redskins......

That's just the type of over priced FA Snyder loves putting in his crack pipe

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are too many players away. I don't want spend cap space on over priced free agents. This off season is all about ware and the draft. D-line and safety is a no brainer, but then there is Jerry.....

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are too many players away. I don't want spend cap space on over priced free agents. This off season is all about ware and the draft. D-line and safety is a no brainer, but then there is Jerry.....

Only thing that bothers me when it comes to safety ( and YES I think we need one in the draft) Is that Jerry would be biting the bullet and admitting he was wrong on Wilcox just one year later.

Not really something I think Jerry will do

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young, cheap, teachable, & unknown are the prerequisites of the day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that bothers me when it comes to safety ( and YES I think we need one in the draft) Is that Jerry would be biting the bullet and admitting he was wrong on Wilcox just one year later.

I don't think he was wrong on Wilcox at all to be honest, I also think Matt Johnson if finally healthy should be able to help, doesn't make sense to cut Johnson due to his contract. Curious though would you spend a first on a safety in this draft, well let me clarify it and ask would you draft Pryor or Ha Ha at 16 no trade down, at 16?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one guy I would love to see the Cowboys go after. Say goodbye to Hatcher, let Spencer walk. Hopefully get Ware to take a paycut, cut him if you don't. Redo the Romo and Carr contracts as was planned and sign this guy. He would have a huge effect on our defense. He would eliminate the need to draft S in the first two rounds, and would be better than anyone we could pick anyway. We could easily go DL in two of the first three rounds, leaving open the possibility of taking a talented player at another position that may fall to us. Getting Crawford back, adding in a Jernigan or Donald, and adding Byrd at S would make this D look much more respectable IMO

Bryd will probably get 8-10MM a year, not something I want to give to a safety especially when our main problem is pass rush and without fixing that, we could have Seahawks secondary and still give up the ghost. I say give Wilcox one more year to grow, see if Matt Johnson is finally healthy and draft maybe in 3rd or 4th round.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd is not the missing link to championships. God help us here if jerry even thinks as much.

We need a round 1 or round 2 safety that can plug in and play. Lord knows we need football players back there as in plural. Wilcox had a good first season considering his lack of experience his mothers death and injury. Need another ball skills football playing safety from this draft

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right. He hates to admit mistakes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd is not the missing link to championships. God help us here if jerry even thinks as much.

We need a round 1 or round 2 safety that can plug in and play. Lord knows we need football players back there as in plural. Wilcox had a good first season considering his lack of experience his mothers death and injury. Need another ball skills football playing safety from this draft

I am in belief that Wilcox can be a very good player for us if given the time, maybe he makes a big jump this year who knows; but do you think Wilcox is a possible answer at safety, and if yes wouldn't you rather spend a 3 or 4 on safety and fix the DL in the first two rounds.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If ha ha or Pryor are there, and Jerry passes, I will not be too happy. However, looking at this draft and the depth, I can't see JJ messing the first round up. After that.....I am not so sure

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryd will probably get 8-10MM a year, not something I want to give to a safety especially when our main problem is pass rush and without fixing that, we could have Seahawks secondary and still give up the ghost. I say give Wilcox one more year to grow, see if Matt Johnson is finally healthy and draft maybe in 3rd or 4th round.

Matt Johnson healthy?:laugh3::laugh3:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in belief that Wilcox can be a very good player for us if given the time, maybe he makes a big jump this year who knows; but do you think Wilcox is a possible answer at safety, and if yes wouldn't you rather spend a 3 or 4 on safety and fix the DL in the first two rounds.

I think highly of Wilcox has well. It's a losers mentality to bet all in on wilcox and think 4th round this year. I say draft football players and they are in high demand in Dallas. Now me?? ....I draft the second safety off the board at 16 and think only an idiot couldn't draft two dlinemen contributors in the next 3 round from this draft. Shoot.........I might go LB in round two or corner, and I'd still feel pretty strong about landing contributors for the dline in rounds 4 and 5. The new d-coordinator will have strong input and I'm thinking he see's as gooda dine guys in round 3/4/5 as in 1/2.

we shall see....I know there are 2 more months and this will come up again another 2500 times

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am ALL in on Dline first 2 rounds & if Mosley falls to 16 I would plug him @ MLB to save Lee from wear & tear...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was wrong on Wilcox at all to be honest, I also think Matt Johnson if finally healthy should be able to help, doesn't make sense to cut Johnson due to his contract. Curious though would you spend a first on a safety in this draft, well let me clarify it and ask would you draft Pryor or Ha Ha at 16 no trade down, at 16?

I would prefer a trade down in this draft ... I think the second and third rounds are a gold mine with as many holes as we have.

But it would have to be the right offer on the table.

No trade down .... absolutely I would take HAHA ( thats the player I really want in this draft)

But if Jerry is sold on Wilcox (I'm not) we could possibly walk out of this draft with say

a mix of Donald or Hageman in the first Nix in the 2nd Martin in the 3rd ..... Jones at Lber in the 4th (maybe) and fix the D-line as well as grab someone to fight Carter ALL in one draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer a trade down in this draft ... I think the second and third rounds are a gold mine with as many holes as we have.

But it would have to be the right offer on the table.

No trade down .... absolutely I would take HAHA ( thats the player I really want in this draft)

But if Jerry is sold on Wilcox (I'm not) we could possibly walk out of this draft with say

a mix of Donald or Hageman in the first Nix in the 2nd Martin in the 3rd ..... Jones at Lber in the 4th (maybe) and fix the D-line as well as grab someone to fight Carter ALL in one draft.

Unless someone falls that we don't see, I would take Donald or Evans if there, if not I think trade down to get the extra picks is best option. This is a deep draft or so it seems, I'd love the extra picks, but not at the expense of Donald or Evans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think highly of Wilcox has well. It's a losers mentality to bet all in on wilcox and think 4th round this year. I say draft football players and they are in high demand in Dallas. Now me?? ....I draft the second safety off the board at 16 and think only an idiot couldn't draft two dlinemen contributors in the next 3 round from this draft. Shoot.........I might go LB in round two or corner, and I'd still feel pretty strong about landing contributors for the dline in rounds 4 and 5. The new d-coordinator will have strong input and I'm thinking he see's as gooda dine guys in round 3/4/5 as in 1/2.

we shall see....I know there are 2 more months and this will come up again another 2500 times

You may be right, I just think Wilcox has it possibly, and if we did spend a 1 or 2 on safety that is a player we could have got to start at another spot. IDK we need a lot of help, but I'm sure this draft will help no matter what, I just pray it's a good one for us, all I really care about.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone falls that we don't see, I would take Donald or Evans if there, if not I think trade down to get the extra picks is best option. This is a deep draft or so it seems, I'd love the extra picks, but not at the expense of Donald or Evans.

I want to see how the Melton situation plays out in Chicago.

Donald fits their defense as well. But they also have a major need at safety .... I think they are the team that determines who we draft at 16 or if the Rams get in on safety as well ... my force us to trade down

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the holes we have we should be able to get 3 maybe 4 starters in the first 5 rounds if we draft smart

S DL OL LB there should be a plug n play player or at minimum a guy to compete for playing time in the first 4 rounds Im not picky but give me a football player

I like Pryor at S but dix would fit well 2