• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Goff

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he will be playing in the FCS division 1 championship game AGAIN in Frisco on the 9th of January ESPN2 is carrying the game in case you want to watch
Cook would not be a bad fallback option either
Back to OU Clemson

I'll have to remember to watch on the 9th. Of course I'm frigging senile and will probably forget. Hopefully those with a memory can repost this info on the 9th.:hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the size, strength, and smarts to be a true NFL starting QB. We have had worse in Dallas, especially for 13 games in 2015. Considering Romo didn't look like the Romo I've come to love, one could argue 16 games in 2015. Not sure any of the QB's in this draft are worthy of a high 1st, many look like quality NFL QBs but not high 1st franchise QBs. If we could trade back to mid 1st and grab Cook I'd be OK with that too. I know our fan base hates it when Jerry trades in the draft, but odds are it will happen at some point.
IMO a quality NFL QB is absolutely worth a top 5 pick. Think about what they cost on the open market. Problem is just finding one.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a quality NFL QB is absolutely worth a top 5 pick. Think about what they cost on the open market. Problem is just finding one.
I agree if that QB is considered a franchise QB right away, but these QB's are all just potential.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the topic was this draft.

if you just gotta take QB this year then draft a 3rd/4th round guy.
IMO, any consideration for 1st or 2nd round is a bad decision

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might go D in the first 2 rounds and then take a chance getting lucky w a Russell Wilson type in the 3rd. Maybe Dak lasts til we pick there. Not sure he's a franchise QB, but I'm not sure the rest are either. Might like Wentz there if he lasts. Im a little tenative about the QB in the 1st round this year, but I guess unless theres a clear I am unless there is a clear franchise QB coming out

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can happen in a year, but unless one of these JRs stay in school, I really don't see that franchise guy next year either for the 2017 draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might go D in the first 2 rounds and then take a chance getting lucky w a Russell Wilson type in the 3rd. Maybe Dak lasts til we pick there. Not sure he's a franchise QB, but I'm not sure the rest are either. Might like Wentz there if he lasts. Im a little tenative about the QB in the 1st round this year, but I guess unless theres a clear I am unless there is a clear franchise QB coming out
I believe Dak and Wentz will be on the same timetable as Goff and Lynch, which is a couple of years holding a clipboard. Because Dallas is picking at the top of each round, there is a good chance they can get a developmental QB at the top of the 3rd round instead of the 1st. A couple of kids that can start in the first two rounds, then a QB to start developing would sound good to me

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Dak and Wentz will be on the same timetable as Goff and Lynch, which is a couple of years holding a clipboard. Because Dallas is picking at the top of each round, there is a good chance they can get a developmental QB at the top of the 3rd round instead of the 1st. A couple of kids that can start in the first two rounds, then a QB to start developing would sound good to me
I doubt Wentz and Lynch make it to the 3rd, possible I guess, but if we don't take a QB in the 1st were taking a huge gamble hoping one of them will be around after the 2nd. Wentz is getting 1st rd consideration in some mocks. I'm all for going DB or DT in round one but if Wentz is there in round 2 he's my choice.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Wentz and Lynch make it to the 3rd, possible I guess, but if we don't take a QB in the 1st were taking a huge gamble hoping one of them will be around after the 2nd. Wentz is getting 1st rd consideration in some mocks. I'm all for going DB or DT in round one but if Wentz is there in round 2 he's my choice.

I don't think Lynch makes it out of the first. It looks like Goff, Lynch and Wentz are all projected to go in the first now in certain mocks.

Prescott was the guy I thought might make it to the 3rd but maybe not, if all the others go so early. Think Dak is ranked as the 5th QB in this class, but Walter doesnt have him in the top 7. They have us taking Wentz at the top of the 2nd. Of course these all change many times before the draft after workouts and combine

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wentz as our pick in the 2nd, but I won't go all Frye and say it's Wentz or bust. Just afraid that if we play around and wait too long on a QB we will certainly be having this conversation again next off season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after spending the last week studying extensive tape I am going to say Goff is the only qb that deserves a top 10 grade. The other ones are not 1st rounders. I think cook and Wentz are worthy of high 2nd round pick status. All the other qbs in this draft SUCK.

Here are my top 5:

Goff- Tom Brady like qualities
Cook- has some Brett Favre in him
Wentz- has potential,but a project
Hattenberg- another project
Jones, suck
*** honorable mention*** Lynch= Ryan Leaf

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to snatched Goff if there in 1st round. Romo looks done to me. If he not there then take best defender available and hope cook or wentz are there in the 2nd.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the topic was this draft.

if you just gotta take QB this year then draft a 3rd/4th round guy.
IMO, any consideration for 1st or 2nd round is a bad decision

Is that because the draft offers no real solution? Cause from my perspective, Dallas needs someone now who can step in for Romo. If this season taught us anything it is that not having a decent QB to back up Romo gets you a real high first round draft pick. I would be happy with a bit of growing pain in a good QB than to watch your team fall apart because it can't score worth a shit. Tell me that Offense wasn't just plain painful to watch. McFadden, whom everybody had at least some doubts about was the only real bright spot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Walter Mock had us with Bosa in the 1st. the Fresno RB in the 2nd, and the NC State QB in the 3rd. Love the first two, don't know much about the QB

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Goff if he could play cornerback or safety at an all pro level.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that because the draft offers no real solution? Cause from my perspective, Dallas needs someone now who can step in for Romo. If this season taught us anything it is that not having a decent QB to back up Romo gets you a real high first round draft pick. I would be happy with a bit of growing pain in a good QB than to watch your team fall apart because it can't score worth a shit. Tell me that Offense wasn't just plain painful to watch. McFadden, whom everybody had at least some doubts about was the only real bright spot.
Perhaps the evaluations behind Romo were lacking. The offensive coaches get a big fat zero based on what I've seen the last 15 weeks. Is the solution a first or second round QB? Do you trust this teams evaluations?
I'd rather swing and miss at round 3 or 4 QB and add a more accomplished vet QB. Surely Jerry and company will roll with 3 QB's next year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the evaluations behind Romo were lacking. The offensive coaches get a big fat zero based on what I've seen the last 15 weeks. Is the solution a first or second round QB? Do you trust this teams evaluations?
I'd rather swing and miss at round 3 or 4 QB and add a more accomplished vet QB. Surely Jerry and company will roll with 3 QB's next year
That would be sound football, Romo, FA vet, 3rd round pick at QB....we'll probably roll with Romo and Moore

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take Hackenburg I may have to switch teams. The bad thing is - in the combine he will look better than all of them.