• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Cook signs with the Green Bay Packers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...albeit for a short time until he wears out his welcome. Enjoy!
The Rams had terrible QB's. Cook will benefit with Aaron Rodgers throwing him passes.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was dropping good passes frequently. Sure AR will help but I don't feel any big threat has been added to our Div.
The Bears will finish in last place again.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how he was in training camp and preseason with the Rams. Then the real season started.

Hey it all could fall apart of course but always nice to see good things. In those other seasons the QB throwing the ball was a bit different compared to the situation this year as well so maybe that can make a bit of a difference.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it all could fall apart of course but always nice to see good things. In those other seasons the QB throwing the ball was a bit different compared to the situation this year as well so maybe that can make a bit of a difference.
I agree. The dude has talent. He torched the Cards a couple of times.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have a good week 1 in Stl in 2013 but then he fell off. He never got the targets for one. You don't target someone they will start regressing, especially on a bad team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook had the misfortune of playing with bad to average QB's but now he has Aaron Rodgers throwing him darts. I see him becoming a dangerous weapon in the Packers offense.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Jordy was huge for sure....Tom Brady for instance lost Edelman and Gronk for a 3 or 4 week period last season, and looked like the white Geno Smith for those few weeks

But as you said, there was more to it

They had high expectations for Davonte Adams, who was either hurt every game, or just brutal because he coudnt create any seperation....Adams is probably best suited as a low end #3, when they had hoped he had #1 type skills

Cobb was reportedly banged up all season with that shoulder, and he is not a #1.....As a Giants fan, i saw this a few years back with Victor Cruz....When you start asking a slot receiver, who is best suited as your 2nd or 3rd best option, to be your #1, it wont go well.......Cobb doesnt have the size or skill set to deal with the attention he was getting from defenses last season

If, BIG IF, Rodgers has a healthy Jordy, Cobb, and Adams rightfully in his #3 role, and a little but of Ty Montgomery and that Janis dude, I think GB is a huge threat next season

You left out the fact that the Packers always play the higher drafted players even if the backups are superior. On any other team in the NFL Devante would have been on the bench and cut after last season. His target per catch ratio was one of the lowest in the NFL he had 1 TD and was to slow to get open and dropped the ball consistently when he was open. He dropped two potential game winning TD's. Even Cobb looked like a backup at best last year.

This is why the blessing in disguise was when Cobb and Devante were injured for the Cards game and it gave Abbederis (one of the best route runners in the NFL) and Janis (one of the most elite physically gifted NFL WR's) to play and they dominated.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any LB covering Cook in the NFL is a mismatch in favor of Cook.
I agree, Cook has exceptional speed for a TE and also is a big target.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only slightly above avg QB that Cook played with was a 36 year old Matt Hasselbeck and shockingly that was his best overall season. After that he was with a bunch of scrubs and bad offensive teams. He is the most athletic TE the Packers have ever had and from watching the tape he can actually block as well. I look forward to seeing him shred defenses like no other in the NFC.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Cook has exceptional speed for a TE and also is a big target.

He's basically a bigger Calvin Johnson at 6'5" 254 lbs, 36 inch arms with Brett Favre tennis racket hands and ran a 4.4 40 time with a 41 inch vertical. This guy is the Lebron James of the NFL that everyone was waiting for but he really never had the opportunity to shine. Now he has the best QB in the NFL in his later prime and he is in the middle of his prime on a great offensive team. There's no excuses for him not to do well now. He's my fantasy football sleeper pick of the season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only slightly above avg QB that Cook played with was a 36 year old Matt Hasselbeck and shockingly that was his best overall season. After that he was with a bunch of scrubs and bad offensive teams. He is the most athletic TE the Packers have ever had and from watching the tape he can actually block as well. I look forward to seeing him shred defenses like no other in the NFC.
Finley was a very athletic TE.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell but seems to be an improvement over Andrew Quarless

Thank the heavens that Andrew Quarless was finally released. He's also a major upgrade of the fat and slow Richard Rodgers. Too much Beer and dairy up in Wisconsin it appears there were 5 players who went on the fat boy camp in the offseason to lose 10+ lbs which includes Barrington, Feast Mode Lacy, Sitton, Richard Rodgers, and Aaron Rodgers(cut out dairy and limited meat intake to increase longevity).

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley was a very athletic TE.

Finley was vastly overrated both as just a TE and as an athlete. His 40 time was a pedestrian 4.8 and his vertical was 27inches. That's not even an average athlete for a TE. Hell I posted better numbers in high school (50 lbs lighter). Still, I will always be astonished that anyone ever considered him a great athlete even for a TE and I believe that was because McCarthy and Rodgers hyped him up so much just like Devante.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley was vastly overrated both as just a TE and as an athlete. His 40 time was a pedestrian 4.8 and his vertical was 27inches. That's not even an average athlete for a TE. Hell I posted better numbers in high school (50 lbs lighter). Still, I will always be astonished that anyone ever considered him a great athlete even for a TE and I believe that was because McCarthy and Rodgers hyped him up so much just like Devante.
According to McCarthy Finley was the most talented TE he ever coached. Was he lying?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to McCarthy Finley was the most talented TE he ever coached. Was he lying?

That statement has nothing to do with what we were talking about. I said Finley wasn't an elite athlete because numbers don't lie.