• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Cook signs with the Green Bay Packers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers will be signing Jared Cook. He preferred Green Bay over Carolina, Atlanta and Chicago. He's only 28 and is fast for a TE.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans win twice. He is now a Packer and will have 2 of the best ILBs covering him.

The keyword there is "covering". Who was covering Richard Rodgers when he made that hail mary catch in Detroit? No one. Not that Richard hasn't done some really good things thus far in his early career, but teams never felt the need to give him much attention.

Cook has the speed to draw those two LBs deep into coverage, whether he is thrown to or not. This will open things up for the WRs and, most importantly, Eddie Lacy. No more eight in the box. Cook doesn't have to be a pro bowler to improve the Packers' offense. He doesn't even have to be that great. He just has to be a body that the defense needs to account for, and that will make the offense significantly better than last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he beats your new linebacker and will have Rodgers throwing to him instead of his previous poor QBs
Hard to tell sometimes if it was the QB or Cook

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was dropping good passes frequently. Sure AR will help but I don't feel any big threat has been added to our Div.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Packer guys worried about Rodgers at all? He really came back to earth last year. Losing Jordy hurt but it's not enough to make all that much difference. There is more too it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Packer guys worried about Rodgers at all? He really came back to earth last year. Losing Jordy hurt but it's not enough to make all that much difference. There is more too it.
I will take his many years of great play against his one year of play below his norm but still solid. It wasnt just missing Jordy...Cobb played hurt, the OL was hurt, no running game, etc.

His MVP numbers will be back this year...dont you worry.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losing Jordy was huge for sure....Tom Brady for instance lost Edelman and Gronk for a 3 or 4 week period last season, and looked like the white Geno Smith for those few weeks

But as you said, there was more to it

They had high expectations for Davonte Adams, who was either hurt every game, or just brutal because he coudnt create any seperation....Adams is probably best suited as a low end #3, when they had hoped he had #1 type skills

Cobb was reportedly banged up all season with that shoulder, and he is not a #1.....As a Giants fan, i saw this a few years back with Victor Cruz....When you start asking a slot receiver, who is best suited as your 2nd or 3rd best option, to be your #1, it wont go well.......Cobb doesnt have the size or skill set to deal with the attention he was getting from defenses last season

If, BIG IF, Rodgers has a healthy Jordy, Cobb, and Adams rightfully in his #3 role, and a little but of Ty Montgomery and that Janis dude, I think GB is a huge threat next season