• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of a shock....I like the pickup, have yet to see the $ details, but I like it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw 4 years, 32 million. Not sure about the guaranteed money, though.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more of a 2 year, 15mil guaranteed.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears gave DE Jared Allen a four-year, $32M deal that voids down to three years of $24M, of which $15.5M is fully guaranteed. It's basically $8.25M per year for 2 years. Which isn't bad. He's younger then Peppers, has no problems with motor. Doens't quit on plays, can play the run.

Jared Allen has 16 career sacks against the #Packers in 13 games, the most he has vs. any NFL team.

He was 9th in NFL last year with 38 knockdowns & hurries according to STATS. Peppers and McClellin combined for 36.5 last year.

Go Bears!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move give the Bears lots of options in the draft.
Question:
Do you continue to bolster the DLine. a d tackle ala, Donald/Jernigan/Hageman/Nix
Or
DB: Safety- Haha Clinton-Dix? or CB? Lots of options-

Hell how about the Best TE? Crazy excited for this season! SB bound!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT all the way for me is the most glaring hole on D

C

cubzzzfanincali

Overpaying him. Roughly $8 million per is too much for a 32 year old DE. Plus there are have to going to be some releases sometime between now and the start of training camp to afford everything.

Not a fan of this contract. I'm sure he will play solid in 2014 still, and maybe 2015, but the price is too high.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaying him. Roughly $8 million per is too much for a 32 year old DE. Plus there are have to going to be some releases sometime between now and the start of training camp to afford everything.

Not a fan of this contract. I'm sure he will play solid in 2014 still, and maybe 2015, but the price is too high.

These contracts are never straight up as they report. It'll end up being for a couple years at maybe 5 million a year.

Don't believe the hype. Those contracts are so muddled with incentives and exception clauses...I hate that they report it straight up like that. It is misleading. Just like Jay's "contract" was/is.

C

cubzzzfanincali

This move give the Bears lots of options in the draft.
Question:
Do you continue to bolster the DLine. a d tackle ala, Donald/Jernigan/Hageman/Nix
Or
DB: Safety- Haha Clinton-Dix? or CB? Lots of options-

Hell how about the Best TE? Crazy excited for this season! SB bound!

The one upside of this bloated contract is that now we really don't need to draft a DE first. DT, ordinarily I'd say yes, but...well...now I am not so sure. Look at all the "starter-quantity" contracts we already have on D Line.

Allen, Young, Houston, Paea, Ratliff. Collins as backup and Shea a part-timer. I suppose we could still use a DT but it seems like a lower priority than it did a few days ago.

Odds of a CB now running like at least 75%.

C

cubzzzfanincali

These contracts are never straight up as they report. It'll end up being for a couple years at maybe 5 million a year.

Don't believe the hype. Those contracts are so muddled with incentives and exception clauses...I hate that they report it straight up like that. It is misleading. Just like Jay's "contract" was/is.

$15 million is guaranteed over 2 years, so how you get the $5 million per I don't know. I get it that he's got incentives he may not earn, but it's still a big hit. I'm hoping that - AT LEAST - the guaranteed money is higher next year than this. I know I will hate that next year but this year they are in the straight jacket. And this certainly doesn't help the Bears position themselves to deal with the receivers.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I guess in theory his signing bonus could be $14 million, although that seems unlikely. But if it is, then maybe they can get his cap hit down to about $5 million because the annual cap for 4 years would be $3.5.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and his agent knew who to get top dollar. They were playing the field beautifully. I think they have made enough moved on the d line to go afetr a safety before DT, depending on who is available at the pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
four years at 32 guarantee 15.5 over first two years, call it 7.75 per year he will be here.

Lots of money for a 32 year old but when you cant develop a defensive end you gotta overpay.

I think allen is that guy you love to hate when he isnt on your team. I didnt see much for him against the bears last year. who knows.

Pretty sure this means they can definitely cut their choices to go CB or DT at 14, at least end should be out of the question that early with young, izzy, allen, bass on the team.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11.5 sacks on a bad D...thought I read somewhere this morning, that his hurries and knockdowns was as many as both of our ends combined..

He's a high-motor guy, and staying in the division will serve to motivate him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I know it isnt as bad, but I kinda think of this like the rodman signing with the bulls. Question how the older pain in the ass that you plain hated as a nemisis is gonna fit and they end up being a key to winning the championship. I hope it happens.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the deal. He is an upgrade over Peppers, and he is a high energy player. But his leadership is going to pay huge dividends... Worth every penny.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy that should be mad is Young, Allen will take reps from him, but in this day and age with rotations happening, they will all see significant time. Houston could move inside on passing downs. I'm more curious about what this will do to the Draft. I do like this move. Wow.

dcenate050

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 sacks 5 tackles in two games against the packers rookie left tackle.. guess the bears gave up on trying to beat the packers now :clap: