• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden..........

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash got screwed by the Tim Donaghy fiasco.

And they were not good enough defensively. That’s why you can’t compare them to the Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks defensive game plan on Harden is amazing. They basically let him have a straight line drive to the paint anytime he wants. They sit on his left hand and take away any step back 3 opportunity. They did they same thing when the 2 teams played last spring.

I have never seen a good player guarded this way. It sure seems to work though. Expect more teams to employ this game plan.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have never liked his game, he can shoot, he can shoot, he can shoot, and oh, I heard he can play some DEF "if he wants to"...the most damning comment I've ever heard made about a mvp level player.

If you want to be a legit MVP candidate you need to do more than score points.
Steve Nash says hi....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash played matador defense....LOL.
He’s also one of the best shooters and passers of all time. it’s like you guys expect a 6’3 skinny white dude to be an all world defender. Nash was not as physically gifted as Harden. Nash couldn’t play D. Harden just simply chooses not to.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting point. He wasn’t great on D and really no idea how he won 2.

2004-2005 I can kinda see because Shaq and Kobe weren’t dominant anymore, Duncan was still Duncan, Lebron didn’t even get to the playoffs and the Suns had the best overall record. Love to see Duncan’s numbers vs Nash. Duncan was all nba 1st team like Nash and was also nba 1st team D.

2005-06 I don’t know why he won. Lebron and Cleveland got to the playoffs but Miami got to the finals and won. Dirk was relevant those 2 years as well.

both of those years the Suns got to the WCF and lost. Nash doesn’t even have half the steals Stockton does
Nash only deserved one, and probably Curry only should have had one as well

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s also one of the best shooters and passers of all time. it’s like you guys expect a 6’3 skinny white dude to be an all world defender. Nash was not as physically gifted as Harden. Nash couldn’t play D. Harden just simply chooses not to.

John Stockton was barely 6’ with hi-tops on and not built like a LB, yet he’s the all time leaders in steals and it’s not even close.
White guys can play D too.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Stockton was barely 6’ with hi-tops on and not built like a LB, yet he’s the all time leaders in steals and it’s not even close.
Yeah if you’re gifted with it. Pointing to an exception and saying every short white guy should be that good of a defender isn’t realistic. Harden has the length and athleticism to be a good defender and just doesn’t care. I guarantee you Nash wished he could. It’s not like he lolly gagged on the court.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nash is far below average in terms of athleticism when compared to other NBA athletes. Of course he was a bad defender. Not his fault, but it is fact.

And IMO defense should play a larger role in MVP voting. There were 2 way players who had more impact on winning than Nash did, just as there were guys who had more impact than Harden did.

Curry’s superlative 2016 season is probably the exception to that rule, IMO.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash is far below average in terms of athleticism when compared to other NBA athletes. Of course he was a bad defender. Not his fault, but it is fact.

And IMO defense should play a larger role in MVP voting. There were 2 way players who had more impact on winning than Nash did, just as there were guys who had more impact than Harden did.

Curry’s superlative 2016 season is probably the exception to that rule, IMO.

Curry is an average defender, not a good one. But that's still >> whatever Nash could give you. And more than you get from Harden too. He plays well in a good defensive system like the dynasty had.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is an average defender, not a good one. But that's still >> whatever Nash could give you. And more than you get from Harden too. He plays well in a good defensive system like the dynasty had.

Agreed mostly.

But I actually think Harden’s D has been as good as Curry’s in the last year or so. Not great, but definitely not terrible.

Thing is, Harden clearly has the best physical tools of the 3.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed mostly.

But I actually think Harden’s D has been as good as Curry’s in the last year or so. Not great, but definitely not terrible.

Thing is, Harden clearly has the best physical tools of the 3.

And the smallest brain.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you’re gifted with it. Pointing to an exception and saying every short white guy should be that good of a defender isn’t realistic. Harden has the length and athleticism to be a good defender and just doesn’t care. I guarantee you Nash wished he could. It’s not like he lolly gagged on the court.

who said every short white guy could play D? You used Nash’s “small white guy” as an excuse and I simply showed an example of a shorter white guy that was pretty bad ass at his position back when the NBA was much more physical. You ever looked at the leaders all time in steals?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, just meant he was not a.good defender

What made the Ws one of the all time best was combining that Suns offense with really good defense

To be fair, Nash would usually at least try to get in a guys way once in awhile.

Harden plays defense like he thinks he's a matador.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West couldn't play defense either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add Jerry West to the list