• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden Says He's the Best Basketball Player Alive

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have no confidence or faith in James Harden. I don't like that he is probably the best player and go-to scorer on Team USA. His lack of effort and poor shot selection bothers me at times. ESPECIALLY, if the FIBA refs don't bail him out like NBA refs often do.

I think he is lazy, selfish, and somewhat overrated.

He isn't even the best player in his state, much less the NBA.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with having confidence. But Lebron is the best player alive until further notice.

Hell, if Kobe said he was currently the best player alive, he'd have a better argument than Harden. At least there was a time when Kobe actually was considered the best player alive. Hardens never even been in that conversation.

I dislike Kobe, and I'd be tempted to take Kobe right now over harden. The thing that stops me is I don't know how Kobe's body will respond to the injuries. But Harden just seems to have no passion, desire, will, intensity. The place this really shows through is his defense, I don't think an NBA quality athlete could play worse defense than James Harden

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Kobe, and I'd be tempted to take Kobe right now over harden. The thing that stops me is I don't know how Kobe's body will respond to the injuries. But Harden just seems to have no passion, desire, will, intensity. The place this really shows through is his defense, I don't think an NBA quality athlete could play worse defense than James Harden

Gonna be interesting to see what Kobe has left, no doubt. Kobe isn't near the defender that he used to be, but is still better than Harden. Even as he's gotten older and slowed down, he at least tries to play defense.

That's the thing that is so frustrating about Harden. With his athletic ability, he could be a top notch defender. Instead, it's almost like he wants the other team to score as quickly as possible so he can get back to playing offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feelings, but you have to say this as a very good player. It shows confidence, but in the back of his mind he knows Lebron and KD can do what they want, when they want against him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

He's not even the best player in Texas!!!

:agree: WTF, so he's the best player on the planet? So let's break it down this way, if LeBron had played on the same team with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, they wouldn't have won a title?:whistle:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see what Kobe has left, no doubt. Kobe isn't near the defender that he used to be, but is still better than Harden. Even as he's gotten older and slowed down, he at least tries to play defense.

That's the thing that is so frustrating about Harden. With his athletic ability, he could be a top notch defender. Instead, it's almost like he wants the other team to score as quickly as possible so he can get back to playing offense.

most important thing right there. at least you know Kobe is gonna compete on both ends. Harden doesn't.

So the guy leading our country is a one way player. im not comfortable with that

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of talk around that Harden and Howard aren't the kind of guys that lower themselves by hanging out with lower caliber teammates. They won't ever do anything down there with those 2 on the same team. Harden might be the worst defender in the league as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of talk around that Harden and Howard aren't the kind of guys that lower themselves by hanging out with lower caliber teammates. They won't ever do anything down there with those 2 on the same team. Harden might be the worst defender in the league as well.

I think Harden plays average defense, but is a better offensive player than he is defensive. That formula works well when you are young and healthy like he is now, but as he gets older, defense is what will keep him in the game more. Harden and Howard are a good combination, but I do think they are missing that third player like a Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony or someone else that is up there. Without that third player the Rockets has just another team like Houston had before with McGrady and Ming that was good but never got to the finals and never will.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through PERs on basketball reference and looked at top 10 historically. In summary, he is not even close to the legends.

One interesting point is the rise of Anthony Davis.

To me, Davis is the gem in the years ahead. Not a shock to anyone but the data supports the worthless opinion. Pelicans need to max that kid soon as possible or he is gone

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the confidence he has. but really what is he suppose to say when he gets asked who is the best in an interview? I dont blame him for saying he is the best

my problem is he said he's the best player alive and then went on to say he's not near his potential. See, if he said that he could be the best player alive if he reached his full potential that's one thing. But to say he's the best player alive, which he is obviously not, and say he's hasn't come close to his potential is delusional. There are there are more tactful ways to convey the same point.

Hell if he said, I'm one of the best players alive and I will be the best once I reach my full potential, I would think it is a far statement to make, even though he lacks the athleticism and basketball IQ to make it true.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, OKC hasn't been back to the Finals since....just saying.

I doubt that they ever will get to the finals for that reason - They are not willing to pay for the talent they need to get to the finals. They think like poor people. In a bad economy - poor people cut back and spend less, while rich people spend more money. That's because the rich knows their investments will double when the economy rebounds - Oklahoma doesn't have the mentality to pay what it takes to win the ultimate prize - but they are really fun to watch

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, OKC hasn't been back to the Finals since....just saying.

And injuries at bad times are literally the only reason. They will be there this next year if it doesn't happen again.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal. Who cares?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1