• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden 45 points last night

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I miss that guy.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn i love having this guy...so far it looks like he was severly held back in OKC, which is completely understandable with KD and Westbrook on the team

csu35430

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be getting 45 with Durant and Westbrook... Good trade for all parties involved

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be cool if these guys were teammates?
x2Wq3.png

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to him.

All I know is that he averaged at least 5 pts less per game and 2-3 less assists per game than his regular season and postseason averages against the Heat in the Finals.

He couldn't hit the bottom of a well with a pebble during that series.

I love him and his playing style, but if you think he's going to rip off these kinds of points on a regular basis...I got news for ya.

Just like Lin, when teams start recognizing what is going on in the film room...that average will start to recede.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is a beast
OKC will be fine without him though
They will parlay those 2 first round picks for someone at the deadline who will help them as much as Harden did

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston definitely improved their chances in the West with the addition of Harden.

I hope OKC keeps one of those extra first round picks....small market teams need as many of those as they can get.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with Harden so far. Would still like to see some of these rooks get any pt, but if the team keeps winning I guess I can't complain too much.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is a beast
OKC will be fine without him though
They will parlay those 2 first round picks for someone at the deadline who will help them as much as Harden did

It'd have to be an expiring deal or something. That's the point of getting the two picks, to have 2 players on a rookie wage for cap relief.

Really impressed with Harden so far. Would still like to see some of these rooks get any pt, but if the team keeps winning I guess I can't complain too much.

No way they keep winning. Team is still too young. They'll probably be 9th or 10th in the West similar to last year. But if they do somehow keep winning and make the playoffs (even as an 8th seed), Harden's gonna get some MVP votes for sure <- (statement made waaaaaaaaaay too far in advance)

Last edited by a moderator:

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they keep winning. Team is still too young. They'll probably be 9th or 10th in the West similar to last year. But if they do somehow keep winning and make the playoffs (even as an 8th seed), Harden's gonna get some MVP votes for sure <- (statement made waaaaaaaaaay too far in advance)

They showed that tonight against their first semi-decent(may be stretching it) team. Granted Harden looked exhausted from the little of the game I saw, but it is going to be a long year if they have to depend on him and Lin so much offensively.

Hoping for a high draft pick for once(preferred) or a playoff spot. I'm still amazed with Morey's love affair with 6'9 power forwards. Think that was probably the biggest difference tonight going against a very skilled and big 4 in Aldridge.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed that tonight against their first semi-decent(may be stretching it) team. Granted Harden looked exhausted from the little of the game I saw, but it is going to be a long year if they have to depend on him and Lin so much offensively.

Hoping for a high draft pick for once(preferred) or a playoff spot. I'm still amazed with Morey's love affair with 6'9 power forwards. Think that was probably the biggest difference tonight going against a very skilled and big 4 in Aldridge.

I was at the game so ill give you my take on what i saw.

the team was definitely tired...it showed in lazy passing (even more than last night) and poor ball movement. This team right now is not using Marcus Morris the way it should. His value will come as an ISO scorer either against mismatches at the 4 (he is faster than them) or the 3 (bigger than them). He will be the scoring spark of the bench that the team should run its offense through win both Lin and Harden are off the court.

Harden is not going to shoot 33% many nights, and that was a huge contributor to the loss tonight

i don't have an issue with the 6-9 PFs...Patterson actually played excellent D on Aldrige for most of the night (he could have stepped out a little more as aldrige is known for his range as a 4), and if you look at the defensive Synergy #s for patterson, you should have no issue with him being the starting 4.

If this team can get Toney douglas to be...idk, not completely hopeless and retarded, Morris used effectively, and Lin+Harden under 40mpg (so as to keep their fatigue down) i have no issue with saying this team will sneak in to the playoffs as an 8th or 7th seed.