• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamaal Anderson

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former top ten pick Jamaal Anderson was released yesterday by the Bengals.

He pretty much flopped as a DE, but in 2011 he did pretty damn good as a rotational DT.

We only have 3 DTs right now that look like they'll make the roster (though we have two DEs that can also play inside on passing downs), so I say we take advantage of this 90 man roster and bring him in for camp.

Odds are he doesn't make the team, but he's a younger (27) veteran who is capable of playing anywhere along the D line. He also fit's our mold of tall, lanky d-lineman, standing 6'6".

Even if he doesn't make the roster (which I'm betting he wouldn't) running him through camp would give us a nice in-season injury replacement if (when) somebody gets injured.

Basically it's a no-cost move to get a look at a guy who has talent, but has never put it all together. I don't think he'd ever make much of a major impact for us, but if he could be as successful as a rotational DT for us as he was with Indy two years ago then it'd be a good pick-up.

If not, then he's at least a talented camp body who would push the 2nd and 3rd string o-linemen all camp long.

Thoughts?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA

I loved me some "Dirty Bird".

Jamal-Anderson-Dirty-Bird-225x300.jpg

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Thats exactly who I thought of. When I opened the thread I thought maybe he was gonna be our RBs coach. They'd atleast learn a cool new dance

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are thinking of Jamal Anderson, not Jamaal Anderson... huge difference- the DE has a whole extra "a" in his name...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys released DT Rob Callaway, who was plucked from our practice squad last year, today.

The coaches liked him enough to stash him on the p-squad last year, so perhaps he'd be another good camp body to bring in?

As long as he's better than the 90th guy on the roster I'd say it's a good move...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are thinking of Jamal Anderson, not Jamaal Anderson... huge difference- the DE has a whole extra "a" in his name...

You would think that with all the money they make in the NFL, this players could afford a name nobody had used yet.:noidea:

Yes we need help along the DL, even if they only play 5 plays a game we need someone to spell the starters.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're in pretty good shape as far as our back-ups go. We're stacked at DE; the experience isn't there yet, but we'll have no shortage of quality back-ups rotating in.

At DE we only have CJ Mosley backing up the starters, but don't forget that Idonije and Jones can both play DT in the nickel or dime. Maybe we re-sign Corey Williams at some point before the season to really shore things up, but we're not in bad shape at all if we don't.

But, since we're only running 3 guys at DT by the looks of things, it makes a lot of sense to me to load up on some extra "camp" DTs like Anderson or Callaway so that we have some options in the event of an injury. I'm pretty sure Calaway is still p-squad eligible, so he'd be a great option if that were the case...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Collie is still out there.

He's a concussion machine, and no way I'd have him on the 53 man roster to start the year, but he'd be a good in-season injury replacement if we had him through training camp first.

We can have 90 freaking guys, can't hurt to use a spot or two to train some ready-made injury replacements...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I didn't think the same thing when I saw Jamaal Anderson's name! I thought what the hell do the Lions need a washed up back for?

Since Jamaal Anderson was not even thought of before Jamal Anderson I say no!

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of signing Callaway; even with the news below. I had him making the 53 man roster in '11.

"Cowboys waived DT Robert Callaway with an injury settlement.
After generating some buzz as a pass rusher in OTAs, Callaway underwent microfracture knee surgery, ending his season. It was thought the Cowboys would keep him on IR, but they're obviously moving in a different direction. Jul 11 - 6:14 PM"

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to bring Corey Williams back in. I don't mind taking a shot with Concussion Collie either. He is still pretty young and we really need a legit #2 outside receiver. Burleson has maybe 1 more good year left and then we need a replacement.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Old Lion on Collie. Dude could play. Or maybe it was Peyton Manning that just made him look good, either way it's an upgrade over Thomas.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the veteran minimum, what the hey. Even a rotation DE guy is needed. If he can play 5-10 snaps a game he'd be a win.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning had a way of making people look good but Collie looked good @BYU too. He is a speedster that runs good routes. Concussion are the only concern and thats Nothing A proper contract couldnt cover. I say add him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Collie is still out there.

He's a concussion machine, and no way I'd have him on the 53 man roster to start the year, but he'd be a good in-season injury replacement if we had him through training camp first.

We can have 90 freaking guys, can't hurt to use a spot or two to train some ready-made injury replacements...

Damn I didn't see this post before I started a new thread. :clap:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of signing Callaway; even with the news below. I had him making the 53 man roster in '11.

After generating some buzz as a pass rusher in OTAs, Callaway underwent microfracture knee surgery, ending his season. It was thought the Cowboys would keep him on IR, but they're obviously moving in a different direction. Jul 11 - 6:14 PM"

Hey Principal,
Good to see you made it over from the ESPN board.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know he had microfracture surgery.

I'd still be keen on adding and stashing him for next year ala Bill Nagy last year. He seems like a decently talented kid...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams released 6'10", 403 lb offensive/defensive tackle Terrell Brown today. He might be worth a look just based on that massive frame.

Can you imagine having to run through that guy at DT on 4th and 1? Not gonna happen.