• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jags vs comms pregame

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch !

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t go that far but losing the game is failure
First game of the re brand. Ron has talked about how they have to make strides in year three. They drop the opener, it's gonna be bad around here. The thing is I think Jax is a live dog. I won't be fair, but it's reality.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR is not saying he doesn't know his team. What I believe he is saying is Its been a long off season, OTA's, camp etc. Not all guys were healthy enough to participate so now that most are, it will be interesting to see how they all play together.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

55% are confident 45% are not . i would say about right
I am not confident for a few reasons:

1. Snyder still owns the team. Even if we pull out a fluke season, you cannot overturn and erase 20-plus years of dysfunction. No amount of "faith and hope" can overturn the damage that has been done. Can anyone literally believe we are heading in any other direction but down under Snyder?

2. What reason has Rivera given anybody to be confident? The team name change, the lack of development with high draft picks, the confusion surrounding the roster building, his historic coaching record...the list goes on and on. Posters continue to lean on the false premise of "look what he had to work with" and "let us wait and see". Shanahan did NOT leave the roster in a good spot. Shanahan left Gruden a 3-13 team and Gruden/Callahan left Rivera a 3-13 as well. I do NOT recall posters here giving Gruden an excuse for every move and every loss during his tenure.

Looking at the data, Gruden was actually a better coach for WSH after 2 years than Rivera. Posters seem to conveniently leave out that fact. Since being a fan in the 1980s, I have never seen some of our fans literally serve as an apologist for one coach. Yet, on this board, we throw every excuse under the sun for Rivera. I have never figured that one out. We didn't tolerate Zorn, Spurrier, Shanahan, and Gruden....but now, Rivera is given 9 lives and we ignore the numerous errors and mistakes. I also do not understand the premise of "well, we can't do any better". That doesn't make any sense. Have fans/posters literally asked every coach and assistant head coach in the league if they would coach here? Have fans/posters literally asked every GM, assistant GM, or front office employee in the league if they would work here?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not confident for a few reasons:

1. Snyder still owns the team. Even if we pull out a fluke season, you cannot overturn and erase 20-plus years of dysfunction. No amount of "faith and hope" can overturn the damage that has been done. Can anyone literally believe we are heading in any other direction but down under Snyder?

2. What reason has Rivera given anybody to be confident? The team name change, the lack of development with high draft picks, the confusion surrounding the roster building, his historic coaching record...the list goes on and on. Posters continue to lean on the false premise of "look what he had to work with" and "let us wait and see". Shanahan did NOT leave the roster in a good spot. Shanahan left Gruden a 3-13 team and Gruden/Callahan left Rivera a 3-13 as well. I do NOT recall posters here giving Gruden an excuse for every move and every loss during his tenure.

Looking at the data, Gruden was actually a better coach for WSH after 2 years than Rivera. Posters seem to conveniently leave out that fact. Since being a fan in the 1980s, I have never seen some of our fans literally serve as an apologist for one coach. Yet, on this board, we throw every excuse under the sun for Rivera. I have never figured that one out. We didn't tolerate Zorn, Spurrier, Shanahan, and Gruden....but now, Rivera is given 9 lives and we iygnore the numerous errors and mistakes. I also do not understand the premise of "well, we can't do any better". That doesn't make any sense. Have fans/posters literally asked every coach and assistant head coach in the league if they would coach here? Have fans/posters literally asked every GM, assistant GM, or front office employee in the league if they would work here?
duke ... same old story.

I think there are one or two RR supporters. I don't think anyone loves Dan.

We are fans and hoping for the best. By week 5 we might all be bitching ... or we might be happy.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke ... same old story.

I think there are one or two RR supporters. I don't think anyone loves Dan.

We are fans and hoping for the best. By week 5 we might all be bitching ... or we might be happy.
You are probably right. It is the same story. I get it that I am in the minority and do not believe in Rivera or Wentz.....just like I don't believe in Santa Claus. I said it was a mistake over 2 years ago and every word I said was right. I think some fans are so desperate that they will believe in anything. Most sports outlets have us losing tomorrow to Jacksonville. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, but the fact that many pundits have us losing to the worst team in the league in week 1 is something I have never seen as a fan. That is how bad it has now gotten.

The same posters who were mocking Wentz a few years back, now are anointing him as the team's savior. It doesn't make sense to me. We could hire Jim Zorn as coach, sign Ryan Leaf to start, and some posters would claim this as a brilliant move. The sooner we move on from this colossal mistake, the better. Instead of alleviating the crisis with the organization, Rivera has only deepened it. It is not a lack of faith or hope, it's just simple logic. I do not believe we should be blindly loyal to the front office and coaches.

I don't want to continue serving as a fact checker or shooting holes in poorly written puff pieces here. That being said, I am going to be taking a break for a while.

Those who know how to reach me, be sure to keep in touch. Thanks for all you do Skinsdad. Good luck to all and I wish everyone the best of success!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right. It is the same story. I get it that I am in the minority and do not believe in Rivera or Wentz.....just like I don't believe in Santa Claus. I said it was a mistake over 2 years ago and every word I said was right. I think some fans are so desperate that they will believe in anything. Most sports outlets have us losing tomorrow to Jacksonville. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, but the fact that many pundits have us losing to the worst team in the league in week 1 is something I have never seen as a fan. That is how bad it has now gotten.

The same posters who were mocking Wentz a few years back, now are anointing him as the team's savior. It doesn't make sense to me. We could hire Jim Zorn as coach, sign Ryan Leaf to start, and some posters would claim this as a brilliant move. The sooner we move on from this colossal mistake, the better. Instead of alleviating the crisis with the organization, Rivera has only deepened it. It is not a lack of faith or hope, it's just simple logic. I do not believe we should be blindly loyal to the front office and coaches.

I don't want to continue serving as a fact checker or shooting holes in poorly written puff pieces here. That being said, I am going to be taking a break for a while.

Those who know how to reach me, be sure to keep in touch. Thanks for all you do Skinsdad. Good luck to all and I wish everyone the best of success!
You are entitled to you beliefs and I am not telling that you are wrong.

I don't have ultimate confidence in RR or Wentz. We are whatever we are. I hope Dotson and Samuel make a difference. I hope for 10 wins but if we win less I am not going to be shocked. I have tried to be an optimist for what now seems like a gaziilion years. I am starting out with hope but that could come crashing down at 4:00 tomorrow.. I guess what I am saying is if 7 wins was the expectation I probably wouldn't be inclined to watch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to you beliefs and I am not telling that you are wrong.

I don't have ultimate confidence in RR or Wentz. We are whatever we are. I hope Dotson and Samuel make a difference. I hope for 10 wins but if we win less I am not going to be shocked. I have tried to be an optimist for what now seems like a gaziilion years. I am starting out with hope but that could come crashing down at 4:00 tomorrow.. I guess what I am saying is if 7 wins was the expectation I probably wouldn't be inclined to watch.
On that note, as the season progresses we will improve.