• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Del Rio signs two-year extension

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like cooking on a charcoal grill, but when there is a foot of snow and the temps are below freezing, searing a steak on a hot cast iron skillet and then finishing it in the oven is the best way to get a consistent temp on a steak so it is cooked perfectly.

Too cold to BBQ this week in Denver. It was -25 with the wind chill the other day and yesterday was the first day above the freezing mark in a week.
LOL Morph. Can`t says I blame you there. But for me ( I have no expierience cooking steaks in oven) I would be more confident at least, cooking it in skillet on stovetop. I`d just feel like I had no control in oven and i`d probably over cook it. You got a good secret to a great ribeye in oven, I`am willing to hear it, seriously. It`s not really great BQ season here either right now:suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go to a fancy steak joint, and they would cook it in a similar way :nod:
I`d be willing to bet Walker that they have huge gas grill with about 400,000 btu working up them steaks instead:suds:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`d be willing to bet Walker that they have huge gas grill with about 400,000 btu working up them steaks instead:suds:

Many high end steak houses like Ruth Chris have very high temperature broiler ovens (about 1800°) that they use to cook steaks. This puts a sear on the outside while the inside cooks, thereby trapping the juices inside. Although some of the broilers used are gas powered.