• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jabar Gaffney tells Cowboys fan on Twitter to kill himself

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jabar Gaffney tells Cowboys fan on Twitter to kill himself - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Mammas, don't let your Cowboys fans grow up to be tweeters, or else they may be on the receiving end of inflammatory messages from rival opponents.

A 25-year-old man from Richmond, Va., sent a message to Washington Redskins wide receiver Jabar Gaffney(notes) on Sunday mocking him for the team's loss to the Dallas Cowboys, a defeat which dropped the 'Skins to 3-7 on the season. The user, @bam1121, wrote "lmao 3-9" to Gaffney. The wideout quickly responded with both class and tact. (Read from the bottom up.)

Jabar Gaffney tells Cowboys fan on Twitter to kill himself

Showing he has at least some good sense, Gaffney deleted most of the tweets late Sunday night. The originals were preserved by the good folks at FireTheShanahans.com and modified by us to include the black boxes over the expletives.

Gaffney may have realized he was wrong to post those words, but his sentiment didn't change. Later, he retweeted a message from a Redskins fan which said, "I do want that man to kill himself, one less Cowboys fan." An affirming "LOL" was added by Gaffney.

If Rex Ryan gets fined $75,000 for directing profanity toward a fan, then Gaffney should expect to receive a fine too. Trollers like @bam1121 are like hecklers in the crowd: best left ignored. I don't blame competitors like Ryan and Gaffney wanting to respond to tell them what they think. I'd want to also. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Athletes like Gaffney love to connect with fawning fans on Twitter but complain when "lames" flood their screen with insults. It comes with the territory, guys. If you can't handle it, don't have an account.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the big deal. This country has turned into a big pussy.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The media is making a big deal about it!!! how many times have a person said they were going to beat the shit out of you or they would come to your house in chat/twitter/facebook..My dad always told me if you can't take the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen..lol

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Very very much. Don't be surprised if you're an asshole to somebody and they're an asshole back. I woulda said worse then Jabaar lol.

I don't get how anything gets done, really. Everybody's worried about hurting another person's feelings. Man the fuck up already.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I feel the same way Gaffney does about all cowbitch fans. He did nothing wrong. Just another PC media overreaction.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to rep this because I can't stress enough how pussified this country has become. I always thought I would get to be really old before I had to start with the "Ya know in my day" talk. I mean... Clint Eastwood is almost single handedly keeping the accumulative toughness of this country above French like levels. When he goes, we are all screwed.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I do want that man to kill himself, one less Cowboys fan." An affirming "LOL" was added by Gaffney.

Ha thats great and what I was thinking

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to rep this because I can't stress enough how pussified this country has become. I always thought I would get to be really old before I had to start with the "Ya know in my day" talk. I mean... Clint Eastwood is almost single handedly keeping the accumulative toughness of this country above French like levels. When he goes, we are all screwed.

Agreed. Forget terrorists, Political Correctness is America's most dangerous enemy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan I don't see the problem with this. I will say I'm sick and tired of hearing about athletes on twitter though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Upon Further Review:

TWITTER STILL SUCKS

DING DING DING!

...and so does Facebook (which I'll never join).

If I were an NFL agent the first thing I'd tell a client is NO TWEETING! And yes, people who are upset about that comment are huge pussies.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gaffney will learn his lesson when the nfl hits him with a 6 figure fine

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution.

Don't use twitter.

However good luck trying to tell that to an athlete. Twitter is an egomanics wet dream. Look and see how many people can follow my tweets. What a disgusting piece of crap twitter is.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

+1

I don't understand why the previous poster was "wowing" for? shm. I can't believe this is news worthy for some of you guys.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a skins fan and I support this message.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

+1

I actually chuckled when I read about it.

So tired of everything being tied to racism and everyone needing to be politically correct. Tired of this "everybody gets a trophy mentality" in schools and if you're getting bullied go tell a teacher and tell your psychologist about it instead of just taking a swing at the person bullying you.