• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IUPATI

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Maiocco's blog about the Niners FAs this offseason. According to one NFL executive, the 49ers may be willing to offer up to $7 million a year for Iupati. I really hope not. They are paying Anthony Davis 6-6.5 million so I doubt Iupati gets more than that. He is just not an elite G, but I guess some team out there will overspend and probably give him $8 million. A more realistic figure is between 5-6 imo.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Maiocco's blog about the Niners FAs this offseason. According to one NFL executive, the 49ers may be willing to offer up to $7 million a year for Iupati. I really hope not. They are paying Anthony Davis 6-6.5 million so I doubt Iupati gets more than that. He is just not an elite G, but I guess some team out there will overspend and probably give him $8 million. A more realistic figure is between 5-6 imo.

That is a bit concerning. He's had trouble staying healthy and his pass blocking is inconsistent. Despite makng the Pro Bowl, didn't think he had a very good year

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards with Iupati's skills are a dime a dozen. You don't overpay for guards, you just don't. Especially injury prone ones.

We need to put some money in our secondary. not our overrated O line

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards with Iupati's skills are a dime a dozen. You don't overpay for guards, you just don't. Especially injury prone ones.

We need to put some money in our secondary. not our overrated O line

I agree. Now unless of course that happens to be a complete G like Steve Hutchinson was. I would rather pay Alex Boone than Iupati. Boone at least has the versatility to slide out and play T if needed.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit concerning. He's had trouble staying healthy and his pass blocking is inconsistent. Despite makng the Pro Bowl, didn't think he had a very good year

I too didn't think he had a very good year. He's certainly not worth 7 or 8 mil per year. But I suspect some teams will offer him a huge payday.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well top 5 at the guard position are making 8+ million a year. So it would be hard to see Iupati ask for anything less than 8 million a year. Also I did heard rumors he wants tackle money which would be more around 10+ million a year.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improve the O line by signing Iupati, bring back Cro and sign McCourty for the secondary, draft a WR, etc.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well top 5 at the guard position are making 8+ million a year. So it would be hard to see Iupati ask for anything less than 8 million a year. Also I did heard rumors he wants tackle money which would be more around 10+ million a year.
Someone will pay him I just hope its not us. Thats way too much for a OLmen that isn't great all around.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improve the O line by signing Iupati, bring back Cro and sign McCourty for the secondary, draft a WR, etc.

Why McCourty? Our safety tandem of Reid and Bethea is fine, they had a very good season. Iupati can walk. You just dont overpay for a G, especially one who's already had a few lower extremity injuries and is inconsistent in pass blocking. No thanks.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati could be looking at 8+ million per year...is he worth it?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the 49ers. Let Snyder spend that kind of money on him

For sure. And last I heard teams are lining up to do it. I wasn't opposed to tagging him and saving a draft pick, but either way!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. And last I heard teams are lining up to do it. I wasn't opposed to tagging him and saving a draft pick, but either way!

For that kind of money, would like a complete player. Iupati is mauler at run blocking but is a spotty pass blocker and last year flat out missed blocks leading to sacks. Plus he is injury prone.

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Considering Baalke (and Tomsula) has committed to a more run heavy offense, I would've expected him to put a higher value on a OL that excels in run blocking. And seeing how the linemen that sat behind him performed in his, Boone's, and Kilgore's absence, we seem rather thin when it came to depth. So I was surprised that we didn't tag him for those reasons, which continues to lead me to believe that we're hell bent on cost cutting this and possibly next season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Baalke (and Tomsula) has committed to a more run heavy offense, I would've expected him to put a higher value on a OL that excels in run blocking. And seeing how the linemen that sat behind him performed in his, Boone's, and Kilgore's absence, we seem rather thin when it came to depth. So I was surprised that we didn't tag him for those reasons, which continues to lead me to believe that we're hell bent on cost cutting this and possibly next season.

I think the 49ers would like Iupati back, but not at top dollar. I am curious next year if the team is really run heavy. Last year Roman/Harbaugh moved away from the run. I am hoping the offense is more balanced than three yards and a cloud of dust

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For that kind of money, would like a complete player. Iupati is mauler at run blocking but is a spotty pass blocker and last year flat out missed blocks leading to sacks. Plus he is injury prone.

totally agree.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta see what he was paid. I wouldn't have minded seeing him come back for a reasonable price, but have serious concerns about him. Cardinal fans should hope he doesn't whiff on a block and get Carson Palmer killed

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there goes another one.