• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IUPATI THE ODD MAN OUT

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am not talking about the last decade, I am talking the last couple years or so as it pertains to New England WRs.

Ok. The last couple of years they've had the 9th & 7th ranked rushing games (yards per rush). And they don't have a running QB to make that number look better.

Like I said: New England has been fine on offense.

They have not replaced Randy Moss to this day still.

Like with whom? You would've had 'em spend around 10 million per year on a WR to replace him (Like Crabtree's gonna get). Santonio Holmes was available the offseason after Moss left. Holmes & Mankins signed for about the same money. How much you wanna bet the Jets would trade Holmes for Mankins in half a second?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather they re-sign Boone after next season. I like him better long term then Iupati.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati is def the odd man out. We already have a lot of money invested in this line. You spend more money on tackles And even centers before guards. Sorry but unless iupati takes a fair deal he is the odd man out on this Oline. Especially with Boone making what would be less and playing better. Move on, we have way more things to worry about. I wish we could keep him but it's not that easy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would like Iupati to be better in pass pro before giving him top OG money but I also consider believe C play affects G play so I could give him a slight pass considering Goodwin's performance this past season.

Crabtree is likely going to be the odd man out as I don't see us giving him 10 million+ a year and Iupati could be as well if he insists on asking for top G pay as I don't believe the team is inclined to give it to him.

Ultimately the most important guy we need to keep is Aldon Smith and he should be locked up this offseason with some language to protect us if he screws up off the field.

Kap is still up in the air and I think the team should wait and see what he does in the offseason first. If he shows some clear improvements in his mechanics I would gamble on locking him up while it's cheaper.

I mean the whole entire reason you get all these draft picks is so you can let guys go if their asking price is too high and replace them with cheaper help. That's how you keep your window open for an extended amount of time is to lock up key guys and let the rest walk while replacing them with draft picks.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure they do. He'll make less than Crabtree. They just probably can't afford both.

And Iupati >>>>>>> Crabtree. I

Highly disagree. And this one is actually somewhat easy to compare even though they do not play the same positions. Just look at our offense when Iupati was hurt during the season and when Crabtree was hurt. There was a huge difference when Crabtree came back.

Our team hardly even missed Iupati.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rather they re-sign Boone after next season. I like him better long term then Iupati.

All Iupati has on Boone is a big name and high draft pick history.

Boone is definitely the superior player and more valuable to our team. Especially with him having the potential when needed to play the tackle position.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not sign him. He is the one I would let go between him, Crabtree, Kap and Smith.

He is a great guard but he can be replaced.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what Looney can do yet.

It took many a year to find a guard as good as Iupati.

I don't know, we found Boone as an undrafted free agent.

We don't need the best LG in football with a mobile QB we just need an above average LG. We need Crabtree and Bolden for a functioning offense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have felt Iupati has been the odd man out for a few months now. The dollars won't make sense in the grand scheme of things. We should really look into trading him before his contract is up.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have felt Iupati has been the odd man out for a few months now. The dollars won't make sense in the grand scheme of things. We should really look into trading him before his contract is up.

Yup, I'd be all for a trade. What does everyone think the value would be for a Guard?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know, we found Boone as an undrafted free agent.

We don't need the best LG in football with a mobile QB we just need an above average LG. We need Crabtree and Bolden for a functioning offense.

Relying on finding a starter as an UDFA is not a good plan at all. Neither is relying on late-round picks. And Kaepernick is fast; but he's not great at escaping pressure. And when the first sign of pressure comes the play is basically over unless he can make some amazing play on the run (relying on that happening on a regular basis is just as unrealistic).

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relying on finding a starter as an UDFA is not a good plan at all. Neither is relying on late-round picks. And Kaepernick is fast; but he's not great at escaping pressure. And when the first sign of pressure comes the play is basically over unless he can make some amazing play on the run (relying on that happening on a regular basis is just as unrealistic).

Not saying we should rely on a late round pick to start, but we do have Kilgore and Looney. Slide Boone over to the left side and insert one of Kilgore or Looney at RG. Draft a late round pick or 2 and develop. If Boone or Kilgore are not good enough after 3 and 2 years respectively of development then we have bigger issues then finding an OG for next season, we would be incapable of finding talent and developing talent on the Oline outside of the 1st round. And if that is the case then we need to draft Su'a Filo with our 1st.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure we would get any value out of him in a trade. Teams don't go all out and give up picks for the OG position especially when the guy's contract is about to run out anyway and they could go pay him without giving up draft picks.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we would get any value out of him in a trade. Teams don't go all out and give up picks for the OG position especially when the guy's contract is about to run out anyway and they could go pay him without giving up draft picks.

Yeah he'll only get traded for a high pick if he agrees to an extension with that team. Otherwise better for the Niners to keep him and get the comp pick(which would be a 3rd rounder if he gets paid like we expect him to get paid)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we traded him we would get a 2nd rd pick for him at best.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we could get a pick anywhere in the 2-5 rounds for him I would be on board. To me this is better then getting one more season before having to dump him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think if we could get a pick anywhere in the 2-5 rounds for him I would be on board. To me this is better then getting one more season before having to dump him.

Keep in mind with the contract he'll get he'd probably garner a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick anyway.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind with the contract he'll get he'd probably garner a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick anyway.
Oh! thats good to know.

I say if we cant get a 2nd rounder then we let him stick around another season.