• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's very simple

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team can't actually outplay the opposition to start a game.
If this team can't win the first period.
If this team comes out flat once the regular season starts

Lavvy has to go.

There is no discussion.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me is that Lavy hasn't adjusted to the Devils' system, and we get destroyed by them as a result.

His shelf life if running out fast

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Preseason so I'm trying not to start the doom and gloom. But it's definitely been an uncomfortable Preseason.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some teams just match up well against other teams. Up till now, I thought it was really about the Devils' forecheck vs the Flyers lack of puck moving dmen. Not sure if that trend will continue this year with the acquisition of Mark Streit to relieve Timonen some. Still tho, just preseason, can't read too much into that. Devils have looked pretty good in preseason tho, especially Cory Schneider.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...with Holmgren right on his heels. I'll give them 10 games before revisiting this, because I expected them to struggle a bit out of the gate with so many new faces.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I think I know by now, player-wise:

1) Emery > Mason. No real surprise there.
2) Lauridsen is not ready. Gill should be released. Not sure the Flyers really have ANYONE who has legitimately earned the #6 spot. I'm ok with the top 5.
3) I now understand why Holmgren tried to sign Cleary. VandeVelde is far from the answer, but not convinced Raffl is ready, either. He's just been ok after starting strong. Laughton still on the bubble. Hasn't TAKEN the job, which is probably a sign he should be sent down.
4) I understand why Brayden Schenn hasn't been given an extension yet. He still has a lot to prove.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well folks, watching the game against the Capitals with neutral announcers and the Flyers playing their opening light lineup minus Jake....this team is flat and unprepared.

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One period down and they suck!! Dead and stinking! Watching Mez dodge out of the way of the shot on goal was amazingly horrible.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are being outplayed by a split squad team....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G to the rescue. Tied 3-3 at the second intermission after being down 0-3. The team has come to life and we should definitely win this game, for what it's worth. Maybe a switch has finally been flipped.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goals by Giroux, Hartnell and Simmonds...although the last goal looked like Lecavalier's. Either way, these are the guys that need to score for us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that momentum. Gave it right back at the beginning of the period. It is only the preseason, but you can't help but get frustrated with one win in seven games...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife's assessment..."is it me or are the Flyer's not very organized?"
That about sums it up...flashes of what this team can do with the talent on hand surrounded by the long stretches of horrible play in all three zones....and a coach who stands there chewing his gum and pointing at the boards....I don't want to hear this is preseason....when you are skating your opening night lineup against a split squad and getting out played and out coached you deserve to be unemployed.

And so does your boss and so do several of the players on the ice for your team....

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I have not seen 1 preseason game yet and by the sounds of it I prob won't be watching much of the reg season either if they keep digressing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this, but I'm just calling it as I see it. The 1st and 5th goals given up last night were a direct result of egregious puck handling/control errors by Ray Emery. I mean, the guy looked like Bryz for no less than three plays last night and it burned him twice. If not for those costly mistakes, that game was at least going to overtime tied at three, despite even our defensemen's inability to clear the front porch. Instead, add an empty netter and it looks like a 6-3 blowout loss.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this, but I'm just calling it as I see it. The 1st and 5th goals given up last night were a direct result of egregious puck handling/control errors by Ray Emery. I mean, the guy looked like Bryz for no less than three plays last night and it burned him twice. If not for those costly mistakes, that game was at least going to overtime tied at three, despite even our defensemen's inability to clear the front porch. Instead, add an empty netter and it looks like a 6-3 blowout loss.

Maverick, you are correct that Emery was his own worst enemy last night on two occasions. That said, the gap that lead to the turnover on the first goal was the result of (can't remember who was on the ice) not coming all the way back. The second turnover/blown rebound could have been covered up if Brayden S had taken another half stride to the Flyers RW defensive post. There would have been no open lane to the rebound that Ovie took to score.

No one was stopping that one timer of Ovies. And really, Emery was pretty mediocre last night. But it was his one mediocre outing of the preseason. Overall, he and Mason have not been too bad but have been under siege.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maverick, you are correct that Emery was his own worst enemy last night on two occasions. That said, the gap that lead to the turnover on the first goal was the result of (can't remember who was on the ice) not coming all the way back. The second turnover/blown rebound could have been covered up if Brayden S had taken another half stride to the Flyers RW defensive post. There would have been no open lane to the rebound that Ovie took to score.

No one was stopping that one timer of Ovies. And really, Emery was pretty mediocre last night. But it was his one mediocre outing of the preseason. Overall, he and Mason have not been too bad but have been under siege.

This is basically what I alluded to just a minute ago in another post. While we do have some strong defensive forwards like Read, Couturier and Talbot, that is about where it ends. Nobody else other than maybe Giroux drops back deep enough and often enough in the defensive zone to help the defense. If Brayden Schenn isn't going to score, the least he can do is not get a minus while he's on the ice.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we do have some strong defensive forwards like Read, Couturier and Talbot, that is about where it ends. Nobody else other than maybe Giroux drops back deep enough and often enough in the defensive zone to help the defense.

Giroux needs to do this with consistency, not just when he feels like it. He's as guilty as anyone of coasting at times defensively.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux needs to do this with consistency, not just when he feels like it. He's as guilty as anyone of coasting at times defensively.

He's more than capable of picking up some slack defensively, he's just obviously geared towards offense as often as he can be, perhaps to a fault. He is the driving force of our offense though, both at even strength and on the power play. For goals and assists, the sky is the limit, I just hope he can be +20 or better again as well.