• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time to scale back Preseason Football

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL continues to live in the long past where they put the fans through 4 lousy preseason games every year.

There is no need for 4 preseason games anymore and the only reason is money for the greedy owners. It's time to cut preseason down to 2 games and add 2 regular season games which would make more money or the players and owners. I know the argument is that adding 2 regular season games would increase injuries but as we have seen already there have been many injuries this year in preseason anyway.

The league can expand the rosters by say three players to make up for the extra regular season games. Look the players no longer really have off season jobs to go to anymore and almost all come ready to training camp with all the camps teams have these days.

Also the fans are plain getting ripped off having to pay for 2 meaningless games per year and with the prices these days and seat licenses it is the right thing to do. It's time to enter the 21 st Century and advance the game to the next level.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL continues to live in the long past where they put the fans through 4 lousy preseason games every year.

There is no need for 4 preseason games anymore and the only reason is money for the greedy owners. It's time to cut preseason down to 2 games and add 2 regular season games which would make more money or the players and owners. I know the argument is that adding 2 regular season games would increase injuries but as we have seen already there have been many injuries this year in preseason anyway.

The league can expand the rosters by say three players to make up for the extra regular season games. Look the players no longer really have off season jobs to go to anymore and almost all come ready to training camp with all the camps teams have these days.

Also the fans are plain getting ripped off having to pay for 2 meaningless games per year and with the prices these days and seat licenses it is the right thing to do. It's time to enter the 21 st Century and advance the game to the next level.

i don't like the 18-game regular season idea but do agree there are very few things in this life more boring than pre-season football.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,659.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need to scale back with Pre Season. and maybe extend training camps