• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Strange How Things Work Out In The NFL, Isn't It?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When the Cardinals and the 49ers played the Cowboys, I was rooting for the Cowboys to beat our division rivals. And yet, if our division rivals hadn't beaten the Cowboys, the Cowboys would be 14-2 and we wouldn't have homefield advantage. Our division rivals actually HELPED us get homefield advantage.

Thank you Cardinals and 49ers. We literally couldn't have gotten homefield advantage without your help :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only div foe of ours Dallas played after week 3 was the Cards, and by that time it was clear we needed the Cowboys to lose a couple more games to have any shot at the #1 seed, so I definitely was not rooting for Dallas in that game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only div foe of ours Dallas played after week 3 was the Cards, and by that time it was clear we needed the Cowboys to lose a couple more games to have any shot at the #1 seed, so I definitely was not rooting for Dallas in that game.

Well, I congratulate you on having some very good predictive powers. Personally, I felt uncertain that we were going to be able to catch the Cardinals for the division lead, so I was rooting for the Cowboys to help us out and beat the Cardinals.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I congratulate you on having some very good predictive powers. Personally, I felt uncertain that we were going to be able to catch the Cardinals for the division lead, so I was rooting for the Cowboys to help us out and beat the Cardinals.

I wouldn't call it predictive powers. I just didn't really believe in Arizona and was confident we could hang 2 losses on them toward the end. We needed help with the Cowboys though. Good thing we got it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good points. I didn't believe in Arizona either, but I felt uncertain that the Seahawks were top contenders until after we strung together some awesome defensive performance after our loss at KC. I generally prefer to keep my expectations low; but I think that's pretty cool that you had a lot of confidence in the Seahawks back then and were thinking big by considering homefield advantage at the point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I didn't believe in Arizona either, but I felt uncertain that the Seahawks were top contenders until after we strung together some awesome defensive performance after our loss at KC. I generally prefer to keep my expectations low; but I think that's pretty cool that you had a lot of confidence in the Seahawks back then and were thinking big by considering homefield advantage at the point.

I hear ya. Truthfully, at 3-3 I had serious doubts we had a very good shot at the playoffs at all, especially with what looked like a brutal final stretch of 6 games. I thought 6-10 was a possibility. I figured if we were to turn it around we would have to beat those teams (Arizona, SF) anyway, so that would take care of them. So I rooted for what had to happen for us to still have a shot at HFA, which was more Dallas losses.

The good news is, it all worked out.