• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Pizza Night....It's Pizza Night

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There is a pizza joint called Sorrento's near where my in-laws live and I used to work I met Mrs 43 at that job). I have gone there a lot over the past 30 years. Its not great but I like it.

With my father in law moving away and my remaining family on the other side of the bay tonight is the last time I will eat Sorrento's. I will simply have no reason to come to this area again.

Fare thee well old friend.
there was a pizza joint on Commercial Drive (sort of our Little Italy) that i used to go there so often when i lived nearby that they would call me if I went a couple of weeks without ordering anything..
Moved away 25 years ago, and very rarely went back.

i started playing hockey near there regularly, so my routine is pick up a pizza before each game.
one slice in the parking lot, two on the drive home, and lunch for the next couple of days.
They are back to recognizing my phone number

new owners but the style and recipes are the same.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a pizza joint on Commercial Drive (sort of our Little Italy) that i used to go there so often when i lived nearby that they would call me if I went a couple of weeks without ordering anything..

i started playing hockey near there regularly, so my routine is pick up a pizza before each game.
one slice in the parking lot, two on the drive home, and lunch for the next couple of days.

Which place?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Sunrise Pizza. Commercial, just south of Venables.
old school greek style.
back alley goes right to the Britannia Rink parking lot,
just need to dodge a few hipsters eating their Down Low chicken. :)

crust isn't at thick as it used to be, but the sauce is still great.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Years ago when my wife and I were in our first house we ordered VERY regularly from Rutgers Pizza. One time when we were going out my sister came over to babysit for my son. We left her some money and takeout menus for dinner. She called and ordered from Rutgers pizza. When she gave the address they said "that's not your usual order!" She had to explain she was the babysitter then they were OK

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunrise Pizza. Commercial, just south of Venables.
old school greek style.
back alley goes right to the Britannia Rink parking lot,
just need to dodge a few hipsters eating their Down Low chicken. :)

crust isn't at thick as it used to be, but the sauce is still great.
I'm looking at pictures of their pies online and what's the deal around here with toppings being under the cheese? Who started that? I've been to at least three places that do that and I've never seen that anywhere else with just a giant layer of toppings underneath all the cheese.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at pictures of their pies online and what's the deal around here with toppings being under the cheese? Who started that? I've been to at least three places that do that and I've never seen that anywhere else with just a giant layer of toppings underneath all the cheese.
That's how I do it when I make pizza at home. Feels like it produces better flavor when the cheese melts into the toppings.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I do it when I make pizza at home. Feels like it produces better flavor when the cheese melts into the toppings.
I mix it up a bit but at one of the places the toppings were like super thick. For example:

It's just weird. It's like a pizza sandwich or something.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I mix it up a bit but at one of the places the toppings were like super thick. For example:

It's just weird. It's like a pizza sandwich or something.
that looks really, really good.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try making your pies Trenton style, cheese down first, then swirl the sauce….the crust doesn’t get wet with the sauce down first…..A place started making their pies that way in 1950 called Maruca’s Tomato Pies…..love their pizza…..

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want pizza. I am in north delta and we have some limited options for good pizza. I would say we have adequate pizza lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I want pizza. I am in north delta and we have some limited options for good pizza. I would say we have adequate pizza lol
You can stop by Viva Sue Pizza on your way home from work every now and then (Burnaby)
A little out of the way, but worth it. It's always tempting when i have a game at 8Rinks

The wife won't notice the three missing slices by the time you get home

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can stop by Viva Sue Pizza on your way home from work every now and then (Burnaby)
The wife won't notice the three missing slices by the time you get home
she doesnt like viva sue as it is too heavy for her......

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as limited in Coquitlam. There are a couple of Napolitano style restaurants that are really good, and Emilio Finatti's alright, but nothing that's just like good delivery pizza you know?

Plus side, we've learned to make some really good pizza the past few years.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as limited in Coquitlam. There are a couple of Napolitano style restaurants that are really good, and Emilio Finatti's alright, but nothing that's just like good delivery pizza you know?

Plus side, we've learned to make some really good pizza the past few years.

I have thought about this route. Even getting a pizza counter oven.

my problem is that my wife and I like different style pizzas. I love the deep dish style and she is thin crust. so finding a pizza is near impossible so we usually settle for pizza hut which is below adequate. the pizza that I like in our area is similar to Viva Sue that puckhead mentioned and she never likes it.